• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with Stoneware: Exploring Contradictory Claims

In summary, the stoneware is non-porous and will not absorb food oders. It also features and benefits came seem confusing.
RunawayChef
I do have a question...and I want to be able to answer it, if it comes up in a show....

If it's non-porus and doesn't hold in the flavors from past food being cooked on it...but it's supposed to absorb moisture so your pizzas have a crispy crust?? Also, soap is not reccommended because it can flavor the food....

Like I said, I love the stoneware, but how do I explain what seems like contradictory statements????

I would explain that it is non porus once it is seasoned. Then it doesn't absorb food flavors. Soap can remove some of the seasoning so it opens the pores and allows the soap and other flavors to get into the stone. Same with how a new, unseasoned, stone will stick but a seasoned one is basically a nonstick surface.

On the soap thing.... Once your stone is seasoned if you use soap it clings to the seasoning. It does not necessarily "soak into" the stone.

Also I do not say that they are Non Porus (news to me? Is that written somewhere? I do not disbelieve you just qurious???) The pores are very tiny (compared to others on the market) due to the quality of clay and temperatures that they are fired at.

The stoneware features and benefits came seem confusing. On CC it actually says the stoneware is virtually non-porous. It also says the stone pulls moisture aways from the surface....not sure how it does that, but it does. Guess I need to re-listen to my 'selling stoneware' CD!

leggy

Great question, I've always wondered myself! I catch myself saying at shows that it won't absorb food oders but will help absorb the moisture from frozen foods and soap. I try to avoid saying it like that because it does sound really weird.

I like the fact that it absorbs the heat and radiates it evenly, therefore cooking the food evenly!

What is stoneware and why is it good for cooking?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware made from clay and fired at high temperatures. It is good for cooking because it has excellent heat retention, distributes heat evenly, and can withstand high oven temperatures.

Can stoneware be used on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for oven use only and should not be used on direct heat sources such as a stovetop or grill.

Is it true that stoneware does not need to be preheated?

While some people claim that stoneware does not need to be preheated, we recommend preheating for best results. Preheating allows the stoneware to evenly distribute heat and helps prevent food from sticking.

Can stoneware go from the freezer to the oven?

No, stoneware should not go directly from the freezer to the oven. The sudden change in temperature can cause the stoneware to crack. It is best to thaw the stoneware in the refrigerator before placing it in the oven.

How do I clean stoneware?

Stoneware should be hand washed with hot water and mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware. It is also important to thoroughly dry the stoneware before storing to prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gbakes27
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
c00p
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • AnnieBee