• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Want to Thank All of You...

In summary, the conversation was about a first-time salesperson's experience with their first show. They initially thought it was a disaster, but ended up doing well thanks to the tips and support from their colleagues. They sold $920 worth of products and have more orders coming in. They also discussed their struggle with selling cookware, but were encouraged by their success and the potential to win host benefits. Overall, it was a great start to their business and they are looking forward to future shows. They also shared their mistakes and lessons learned from their first show.
Denarella
...although I thought it was a total disaster last night, I did rather well for my first show. I really want to thank all of you for your countless tips and patience with my freakish ADD and spastic questions. If it weren't for all of you, it would've been soooo much worse. I hope someday I can help a rookie as much as all of you have helped me. Thank you :)

Dena

i'm sure it went better than you think, i thought the same thing of my show and it was actually a big success... you'll be fine. what are your sales at so far??

ginamkiely said:
i'm sure it went better than you think, i thought the same thing of my show and it was actually a big success... you'll be fine. what are your sales at so far??

$920. I have at least another $300 in outside orders coming in this week. My biggest let down was I only sold one piece of cookware....

AWESOME!!!!!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!!!

i'm having a hard time on cookware too, i made a skillet cake last night and even offered 10% off each skillet purchased and nothing!! it's frustrating!

you're off to a great start!!

ginamkiely said:
AWESOME!!!!!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!!!

i'm having a hard time on cookware too, i made a skillet cake last night and even offered 10% off each skillet purchased and nothing!! it's frustrating!

you're off to a great start!!

I just wanted to qualify in 30 days. I have until October 1st. I have 3 catalog shows out there as well.

Holy crap - that's AWESOME!!
Especially for your first show --- way to go!!!!

dannyzmom said:
Holy crap - that's AWESOME!!
Especially for your first show --- way to go!!!!

Thank you! I feel like the pressure is off now!:D

Thats incredible Dena Congrats! Keep up that good work! :)

Carissidy said:
Thats incredible Dena Congrats! Keep up that good work! :)

Thanks Ange! Its certainly incentive to keep it going!

Has your host put in her order yet? My hosts usually get cookware. Just hoping you get some more Panorama points!!!That was a fantastic show total--and you needn't be so hard on yourself!

PC_CPR said:
Has your host put in her order yet? My hosts usually get cookware. Just hoping you get some more Panorama points!!!

That was a fantastic show total--and you needn't be so hard on yourself!

It was a mystery host show:(

Dena... winning the host benefits could be the thing that tips the scale in favor of the host getting the cookware! And that is an :balloon: AMAZING!!! :balloon: first show!!! Way to go!!! Just think, you never have to do your first one over again! :D

Awesome first show! Now that the first show is done, you can relax a little!

Disaster??? $1000+ in sales?? I wish my disaster shows were like that!

Congratulations! :balloon:

Beth,

That's exactly what I was going to say! I'd take a few disasters like that as well.

Congtats on a great start to your business, Dena.

Dena - you did fabulous!! Congrats on getting your first show under your belt!!

Just so you know, I didn't start really selling cookware until I had been in the business for a year. I just didn't know that much about it, and never really talked about it at my shows. You're so far ahead of the game if you're thinking about it and talking about it now!! I was kicking myself after I finally figured out that people will book shows to get cookware and other expensive items, and that I probably missed out on a year's worth of bookings by not talking about cookware. Hang in there - you're doing great!! Now that you've gotten that first show out of the way, each show will get easier from here on out!! WAY TO GO! :D

BethCooks4U said:

I was all over the place...I had index cards on a wheel and it was horrible. Thank god the guests ran with it. You know how you do something stupid and you just replay it in your mind over and over again. That's what keeps happening. I'm sitting here thinking "what an ass". "why didnt I cover this or that?" Blah blah blah....

cathyskitchen said:
Dena - you did fabulous!! Congrats on getting your first show under your belt!!

Just so you know, I didn't start really selling cookware until I had been in the business for a year. I just didn't know that much about it, and never really talked about it at my shows. You're so far ahead of the game if you're thinking about it and talking about it now!! I was kicking myself after I finally figured out that people will book shows to get cookware and other expensive items, and that I probably missed out on a year's worth of bookings by not talking about cookware. Hang in there - you're doing great!! Now that you've gotten that first show out of the way, each show will get easier from here on out!! WAY TO GO! :D

Thanks Cath. I had a malibu baybreeze before I started to loosen me up. No dinner. No lunch. I was too loose! LOL...can you explain something to me? A girl said she wants the cookware (my best friend from work) so she wants to do a catalog show...my recruiter said something about having up to the end of October to get that order in? What is that about?

MicheleC said:
Beth,

That's exactly what I was going to say! I'd take a few disasters like that as well.

Congtats on a great start to your business, Dena.

LOL...thanks Michele....you had to be there. I just felt like I could've done better had I better prepared myself and my show notes.

BethCooks4U said:

Thanks Beth...

GourmetGirl said:
Dena... winning the host benefits could be the thing that tips the scale in favor of the host getting the cookware! And that is an :balloon: AMAZING!!! :balloon: first show!!! Way to go!!! Just think, you never have to do your first one over again! :D

But the host earnings will not count towards the panorama right?

Denarella said:
But the host earnings will not count towards the panorama right?
Yes they do! And at 100% of the retail amount!

BethCooks4U said:
Yes they do! And at 100% of the retail amount!

Im splitting up the host rewards among a few people. (putting my boyfriend as the host. Im keeping the original receipt and giving the 'winners' a copy). So if the items I keep are used for panorama, that counts towards it, eh? That would be sweet....;) :D

Denarella said:
Thanks Cath. I had a malibu baybreeze before I started to loosen me up. No dinner. No lunch. I was too loose! LOL...can you explain something to me? A girl said she wants the cookware (my best friend from work) so she wants to do a catalog show...my recruiter said something about having up to the end of October to get that order in? What is that about?

MMMM - Malibu BayBreezes!! I've had quite a few of them myself this weekend! ;) Yes, next time eat something, though!! LOL!

You have until the last day of the following month to submit a show, so if you hold a show in September, you have until 10/31 to submit it through P3 for it to count as a Sept. show. So, if your friend is having a hard time collecting orders and needs a little more time, date the show as a Sept. catalog show (9/30) and close it by the 31st. I never give anyone a closing date of the last day of the month, though - that's just asking for P3 to konk out on me or for my wireless connection to take a crap on that exact day. I always give myself a cushion of a few days, so tell her she has until 10/27 to submit it at the latest. Make sense?

And yes, any purchases made by hosts for cookware count full-price points towards pan-o-rama, through November!! WOOHOO! :) I'm racking up my points for the SS cookware and the one piece I don't own of the Exec. (the 12Qt. Stockpot!). Good luck and HTH! :)

cathyskitchen said:
MMMM - Malibu BayBreezes!! I've had quite a few of them myself this weekend! ;) Yes, next time eat something, though!! LOL!

You have until the last day of the following month to submit a show, so if you hold a show in September, you have until 10/31 to submit it through P3 for it to count as a Sept. show. So, if your friend is having a hard time collecting orders and needs a little more time, date the show as a Sept. catalog show (9/30) and close it by the 31st. I never give anyone a closing date of the last day of the month, though - that's just asking for P3 to konk out on me or for my wireless connection to take a crap on that exact day. I always give myself a cushion of a few days, so tell her she has until 10/27 to submit it at the latest. Make sense?

And yes, any purchases made by hosts for cookware count full-price points towards pan-o-rama, through November!! WOOHOO! :) I'm racking up my points for the SS cookware and the one piece I don't own of the Exec. (the 12Qt. Stockpot!). Good luck and HTH! :)

You rock! Thank you SOOOO much your detailed response. It made perfect sense and Im so happy to hear it. :D

Denarella said:

::::giggle::::
Malibu Bay Breeze was my nickname back in college. As a matter of fact, I bet if I walked into any one of the local bars around the campus...they'll look up and say "Hey!! Malibu Bay Breeze is back!" LOL

dannyzmom said:
::::giggle::::
Malibu Bay Breeze was my nickname back in college. As a matter of fact, I bet if I walked into any one of the local bars around the campus...they'll look up and say "Hey!! Malibu Bay Breeze is back!" LOL

I hate beer and Im a light weight. Im absolutely addicted to these..not that its habitutal! LOL! Mom made me one and I was SOOOOO thirsty....needless to say it went down too fast....:blushing:

OK...I am not much of a drinker (if at all, really) so what is a Malibu Bay Breeze?

KellyTheChef said:
OK...I am not much of a drinker (if at all, really) so what is a Malibu Bay Breeze?

Malibu Rum, Pineapple juice and cranberry juice. I HATE pineapples and coconut, by the way! LOL...(M. Rum is a 'coconut flavored' rum)

Mmmm, Malibu Bay Breezes....Oh, they are so addicting!! (not in a bad way, but probably lbs.-wise!!). We get the Dole Pineapple Juice, which is 100% juice (not from concentrate, no sugar added) and I get the organic cranberry juice (100% juice, too), so it's not that bad. But, I'd hate to figure out the calories some day! I got my DH addicted to these, too. He likes a nice "smooth" beverage on the weekends and beer and other drinks are too tough on his tummy - he LOVES these, and so do I! Maybe it's a Philly/South Jersey thing? We should have a little "Malibu Bay Breeze" happy hour sometime, huh?! ;)

PS - ok, now we've thoroughly hijacked yet another thread...!

cathyskitchen said:
Oh, they are so addicting!! (not in a bad way, but probably lbs.-wise!!). We get the Dole Pineapple Juice, which is 100% juice (not from concentrate, no sugar added) and I get the organic cranberry juice (100% juice, too), so it's not that bad. But, I'd hate to figure out the calories some day! I got my DH addicted to these, too. He likes a nice "smooth" beverage on the weekends and beer and other drinks are too tough on his tummy - he LOVES these, and so do I! Maybe it's a Philly/South Jersey thing? We should have a little "Malibu Bay Breeze" happy hour sometime, huh?! ;)

PS - ok, now we've thoroughly hijacked yet another thread...!

LOL!! Awesome Idea! Im sure Jersey Gina would join us as well!

Related to I Just Want to Thank All of You...

1. How can I become a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a successful Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to first have a passion for cooking and entertaining. Additionally, attending trainings and learning from experienced consultants, building a strong network of customers and hostesses, and consistently promoting and booking shows are key to success.

2. How can I handle my ADD during a Pampered Chef show?

It is important to have a plan and structure for your show, including a script and timeline to follow. Additionally, taking breaks and incorporating interactive elements can help keep your attention and engage your audience.

3. How can I improve my sales as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Some tips for improving sales as a new Pampered Chef consultant include offering discounts or promotions, showcasing popular and versatile products, and offering personalized recommendations and suggestions to customers based on their needs and preferences.

4. How can I handle difficult or unexpected questions during a Pampered Chef show?

It is important to remain calm and professional, and to always be prepared with product knowledge and answers to common questions. If you are unsure of an answer, it is okay to say that you will follow up with the customer later.

5. How can I thank my team and mentors for their support during my first Pampered Chef show?

A simple thank you note or gift can go a long way in showing appreciation for your team and mentors. Additionally, acknowledging and thanking them publicly through social media or at team meetings can also be a great way to show your gratitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • JanisF
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Ginger428