• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Was Nancy's Contract with Pampered Chef Not Renewed?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Thanks, and thanks for the warm thoughts from everyone, but this is not as big a deal as some of you are making it out to be. This isn't like open heart or anything. :)
Is it serious like laser hemorrhoid removal?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Thanks, and thanks for the warm thoughts from everyone, but this is not as big a deal as some of you are making it out to be. This isn't like open heart or anything. :)

Can they do open heart on you? I figured you'd be like the Tin Man. :eek: :p ...just kidding KG!

Maybe he's getting something cosmetic like a boob job...

He-he-he....

Well you know it wouldn't be boobs........

pamperedalf said:

Ya never know...we had a heshe work with us at Chrysler...

AJPratt said:
Is it serious like laser hemorrhoid removal?
OMG! Anne~ You make me laugh!:p

TKG~ I hope she is making you laugh too, so it's not at your expense!:D

First of all, no one is even in the right anatomical neighborhood. Secondly, I don't need boobs ~ there's already plenty up here in this booby hatch. :pThirdly, I'm not changing my name.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
First of all, no one is even in the right anatomical neighborhood. Secondly, I don't need boobs ~ there's already plenty up here in this booby hatch. :p

Thirdly, I'm not changing my name.

He-he-he... :D

Seriously, we wish you the best... :) ...just don't get your sense of humor removed.

pamperedalf said:
Nah he's an a$$ man. Like I tell my husband, "You'e an A$$, man!"

Oh my Laura...I think your thread has been hijacked

(Thank goodness I can't be blamed for this one)

LOL Jason, I think you're right. :D

Yeah we went from poor Nancy to KG's A$$. LOL

I can't stop laughing even though that image is now burned into my head

pamperedalf said:
Yeah we went from poor Nancy to KG's A$$. LOL
I don't have a donkey and Jason is more likely to wear mules.

Last edited:
Whut?
dizzy.gif

They said they were talking about my a$$. I told them I don't have a donkey and Jason would be more likely to have mules.
crly_rabbt_angl.jpg
Mules are a simple shoe, usually just a sole with a single strap across the top. Often just house slippers, sometimes for evening wear, a mule will have a heel.http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/images/product/19958/large/index.jpg

Yes because those are JUST like my every day houseshoes. ;)

My son was part of a local youth ministry. They were renovating an old building. Much of what they were doing was new to my son, so the leader was getting a bit frustrated with him. At one point he turned to Shawn and said, "I wish you had a donkey."

Shawn asked him why.

His response was, "So then I could kick your a$$."

We all found that hysterical. For Easter that year, our son received a plush, stuffed donkey wearing a sign: Shawn's A$$. He still treasures it. And, yes, it did get kicked a lot.

Pampered Laura said:
Yes because those are JUST like my every day houseshoes. ;)
I love ANYTHING with rhinestones!

I sent an email to the solution center. My director and her director are sending out emails to have everyone flood the system.

raebates said:
My son was part of a local youth ministry. They were renovating an old building. Much of what they were doing was new to my son, so the leader was getting a bit frustrated with him. At one point he turned to Shawn and said, "I wish you had a donkey."

Shawn asked him why.

His response was, "So then I could kick your a$$."

We all found that hysterical. For Easter that year, our son received a plush, stuffed donkey wearing a sign: Shawn's A$$. He still treasures it. And, yes, it did get kicked a lot.

OMG....that is tooo funny!!!

Laura, thanks for alerting us about it not being Nancy's choice. I love Nancy's cards, stickers and stamps. Plus her shipping cost are reasonable!

I am sending my request in. Hopefully Nancy has her cards copyrighted. That is what I am requesting because it is the system that I have used for years.

Merrill and VIP are way too expensive. Even with VIP's going out of business sale they aren't reasonable. I'm not buying the clothing. I don't want a shirt that will last 10 years. Give me a $20 shirt that is cute and trendy. I only want it to last 2 or so years because I get bored wearing the same thing over and over. Kind of like maternity clothes. When you are expecting they are fun. But then you hate them when 3 months after the baby is born and they are all that fit!

After reading this I realised that is why I love Target and Old Navy so much! Inexpensive clothing that does it's job. New consultants used to buy shirts at conference when they were $15-$20. It let everyone know that they sell PC. It is hard to encourage your team to spend $30-$75 on a shirt if they don't have the money to invest after spending what seems like a lot at conference.

Chefgirl2 said:
Laura, thanks for alerting us about it not being Nancy's choice. I love Nancy's cards, stickers and stamps. Plus her shipping cost are reasonable!

I am sending my request in. Hopefully Nancy has her cards copyrighted. That is what I am requesting because it is the system that I have used for years.

Exactly! IT's not just cute stickers and stamps for me.....her Card System has been a successful way for me to do business for 4 years! I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me!

I have been trying to get on Nancy's website and keep getting errors. Is anyone else having problems?

works fine for me, Shawnna. Sorry!

Yes it is, I just clicked on the link that you posted and it went right there.

For some reason it isn't working for me. I don't get it!!

Chefgirl2 said:
It is hard to encourage your team to spend $30-$75 on a shirt if they don't have the money to invest after spending what seems like a lot at conference.

Yes! You want them to look professional and they want to look professional but you don't want them to go broke, either. I know that we don't have to have PC logoed-wear, but it makes a nice presentation, and gives you a little more credibility.

AJPratt said:
Yes! You want them to look professional and they want to look professional but you don't want them to go broke, either. I know that we don't have to have PC logoed-wear, but it makes a nice presentation, and gives you a little more credibility.

I can't agree with you more... I know when I wear my PC stuff I feel extremly professional. I get noticed way more when I am wearing them than when I am not.

Shawnna said:
For some reason it isn't working for me. I don't get it!!

Try http://www.nancys-artworks.com/ and see if you have better luck...

mommyhugz1978 said:
I can't agree with you more... I know when I wear my PC stuff I feel extremly professional. I get noticed way more when I am wearing them than when I am not.

It also makes me be nicer to my kids in public. Who wants to see a consultant yelling at their kids in the grocery store?:eek:

Here's my letter to HOThis issue has me cranky, but since HO wants constructive feedback, here's mine (sorry it's so long...):

"April 24, 2007

Re: Nancy’s Artworks and Merrill

To Whom it May Concern:

I was terribly disappointed to learn that Nancy’s Artworks will no longer be permitted to use the Pampered Chef logo or produce items for consultants. What a shame. Nancy is tremendously professional, and her business was nearly solely dependant on TPC. And I must say that I am disappointed to discover that Merrill will be the sole provider of all TPC logo business and promotional materials outside of TPC itself. That really puts consultants in an ugly place as they no longer have any choices, just one vendor which happens to be quite expensive for most average consultants.

That said, it is my understanding that TPC is interested in the opinions of its consultants for what should be offered and at what prices. Here are my suggestions:

Clothing, Bags, and Other Promotional Materials:
A variety of styles and prices is a necessity. One of my (and many other consultants’) primary issues with VIP had been that the prices weren’t always in line with the quality of the items. I bought several t-shirts that either shrank considerably, wore oddly, or stretched ridiculously, and I had to pay $20-30 for each of them. The maternity shirt I purchased (at the tune of around $36, I believe) wasn’t even usable, as the tie straps in the back were sewn in in entirely the wrong place. I think that many of us, myself included, would like to be able to get t-shirts with the logo silk-screened (versus embroidered– embroidery is nice, but expensive) for under $20 each. I can get high-quality t-shirts from Ann Taylor for around $15; there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to do the same with our logo wear. On the flip-side, it’s also nice to be able to get a few (or even just one) pieces of really high-end logo wear, too. I’m not opposed to seeing high-quality dress shirts, sweaters, and the like for $50+, but I don’t want it to be the only option.

For bags, totes, and so on, I think that price should reflect quality. If I purchase a bag for $15, I know it might not last forever, but I still like to be able to purchase something at a lower cost. I’m not a Prada girl; I like things simple and inexpensive. Again, a variety is very important. Some consultants may be able to afford $50+ bags, but many of us would just like to have a cute bag with the logo on it to carry every day for under $20.

Promotional materials are a tough sell because I am not certain we’ve ever had a vendor that I would consider truly reasonable when it comes to pens, notepads, and the like. My father owns a real estate company, and when I see what he and his sales staff can get and what they pay for it, I am shocked by what we have had to pay for a dozen pens. They can often get 500 pens in a box for around $50. That’s with personalization AND logo. Just know, too, that it’s a local real estate company; it’s not national like Re-Max or Coldwell Banker.

Marketing Materials:
One of the chief advantages of Nancy’s Artworks is that her items are inexpensive, come in a wide variety, and display a more relaxed, laid-back sort of feel. Though the current Merrill line of products is lovely, it’s also pricey and more uptight (for lack of a better word–some might say it looks more professional, but that’s a personality and style issue). I was thrilled to learn that Merrill offered HWC postcards, but disappointed to discover how tremendously expensive they are (with shipping, it is nearly $25 for 50–that’s nearly 50 cents per postcard). I think TPC should offer the HWC invitations (at least) through supply order at a price comparable to our regular invitations–maybe $2-3 per pack of 40. I definitely think that we’ll continue to need postcards in a wide variety of themes–for new consultants, for team training/encouragement, for host reminders, for special events (HWC, cookie swaps, etc.), and so on.

I also think that we need more marketing materials for our Wedding Showers. We don’t even have a flyer any more, for crying out loud. Again, I think this is something that should come through supply order rather than through Merrill.

I hope that these suggestions are helpful to you, and I certainly hope that I see some positive results based on these and the suggestions of the other consultants who share the same concerns. There are a lot of us, and it’s important that the company respond to what we need."

dianevill said:
It also makes me be nicer to my kids in public. Who wants to see a consultant yelling at their kids in the grocery store?:eek:

too funny! were you at my store today?:eek:

Brandie~You letter is excellent! I think that is the right way to go. To bad I can't just copy and paste to HO. I think I will use yours as an outline though, if you don't mind!

Great letter Brandie!

Hey, Brandie! Look at you, all articulate and everything. Your letter is a good expression of my concerns and requests.

Thanks! Anyone can use my format/outline if you'd like to. It's going into the mailbox today...

Have a great day!

Fantastic letter, Brandie!

Sorry but TOTALLY OT:

Laura: My husband thinks you are related to the actress Sara Rue (she was in Less Than Perfect).

AJPratt said:
Sorry but TOTALLY OT:

Laura: My husband thinks you are related to the actress Sara Rue (she was in Less Than Perfect).

LOL I get that ALOT. Seriously. :eek: :eek: :p

Glad you got what I was getting at!

laura1.jpg
SaraRue_DeGuire_4694551.jpg

laura2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/divamommie/rue.jpg

:rolleyes:

AJPratt said:
Glad you got what I was getting at!

Yes, your husband thinks I'm Less than Perfect. LOL :eek: haha

I just hijacked my own thread. Fear my sweet ninja skills.
61-threadhijacked.gif

Nice to see your Avatar bigger, that is a good picture Laura.

Things that make you go ummmmmmFirst....Laura, I think you are MUCH prettier than Sara Rue :)

Now...back to the topic :)

I just went to CC and looked for a HO email address. There is a link to send an email regarding their licensed vendors! Is that new? Or has that option always been there?

(Oops....I think it's supposed to be "Things that make you go hmmmm"...with an "H"! I guess you could say "UMMM" but that's just silly! <<hee hee>>)

Does anyone else think Nancy could still do what she does and just eliminate the Pampered chef logo? I TOTALLY think she could and it wouldn't even be missed...just my thought on the matter...

I agree. So many of the things she makes could be done without the logo and be just fine (or exactly the same).

I also get a lot of things from Directly From the Heart, and they aren't a licensed vendor--they just have things that appeal to our type of sales without the logo.

GREAT IDEA, KIM!!!

<h2>1. Why is The Pampered Chef not renewing Nancy's contract?</h2><p>The decision to not renew Nancy's contract was made by The Pampered Chef, and it was not her choice. She found out a couple weeks ago and will no longer be able to use the PC logo on her products after the end of August.</p><h2>2. What will happen to Nancy's Artworks products?</h2><p>Nancy will be packing up and selling all of her products between now and the end of August. She will no longer be able to sell anything with the PC logo on it.</p><h2>3. Why is Nancy going back to her basement to pursue other things?</h2><p>Nancy mentioned that she will go back to her basement to pursue other things because she will no longer be able to sell her products with the PC logo on them.</p><h2>4. What was the reason behind the decision to not renew Nancy's contract?</h2><p>Nancy mentioned that she didn't like the new design that The Pampered Chef asked her to use (the sandstone line). She even asked if they were trying to get rid of her, but the Home Office assured her that they were not. However, the sudden decision to not renew her contract has left her feeling misled and hurt.</p><h2>5. Will contacting the Home Office make a difference in this decision?</h2><p>Nancy believes that contacting the Home Office will not make a difference, as they have already made a "cut and dry" decision about not renewing her contract. However, many consultants have expressed their disappointment and are still reaching out to the Home Office in hopes of reconsideration.</p>

1. Why is The Pampered Chef not renewing Nancy's contract?

The decision to not renew Nancy's contract was made by The Pampered Chef, and it was not her choice. She found out a couple weeks ago and will no longer be able to use the PC logo on her products after the end of August.

2. What will happen to Nancy's Artworks products?

Nancy will be packing up and selling all of her products between now and the end of August. She will no longer be able to sell anything with the PC logo on it.

3. Why is Nancy going back to her basement to pursue other things?

Nancy mentioned that she will go back to her basement to pursue other things because she will no longer be able to sell her products with the PC logo on them.

4. What was the reason behind the decision to not renew Nancy's contract?

Nancy mentioned that she didn't like the new design that The Pampered Chef asked her to use (the sandstone line). She even asked if they were trying to get rid of her, but the Home Office assured her that they were not. However, the sudden decision to not renew her contract has left her feeling misled and hurt.

5. Will contacting the Home Office make a difference in this decision?

Nancy believes that contacting the Home Office will not make a difference, as they have already made a "cut and dry" decision about not renewing her contract. However, many consultants have expressed their disappointment and are still reaching out to the Home Office in hopes of reconsideration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg