• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Made the Greek Torta for the First Time

In summary, the Greek Torta requires phyllo dough, feta cheese, spinach, eggs, and butter as the main ingredients, along with herbs and spices for flavor. Substitutions can be made for dietary restrictions. Proper layering of the phyllo dough involves brushing each layer with melted butter and overlapping the sheets. The torta should be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
BettieC
Gold Member
OMG!!! It is sooooooooooo good!!

I wanna make it for Christmas, and figured I would make a trial batch of it today to test it out.

My BF was even impressed and he's a professional chef

It's addictive!

And, as Janetupnorth discovered and shared with us, the leftovers are wonderful heated up (you can thin it out with a little milk or cream) and tossed with pasta!

I think someone told me that on here Becky do I can't take credit for that one, but yes, good leftovers!My discovery was the Rosemary and Olive Oil triscuits with it! :)

Yum! That sounds good!!

Also good with it are the Panetini (bruschetta chips) and focaccia chips. I've found these in the area with pitas and pita chips at the grocery store.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's addictive!

And, as Janetupnorth discovered and shared with us, the leftovers are wonderful heated up (you can thin it out with a little milk or cream) and tossed with pasta!

WOW!!! First I'm hearing about this!! Now I've GOT to try this...:D

I like to use the Garlic & Herb Town House Toppers - they add more of a zing to the already AWESOME torta!!!!

Is this spread like the Mediterranean Cheese Spread?

Related to I Just Made the Greek Torta for the First Time

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Greek Torta?

The main ingredients for the Greek Torta are phyllo dough, feta cheese, spinach, eggs, and butter. You will also need some herbs and spices, such as dill, oregano, and black pepper, to enhance the flavor of the dish.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Greek Torta?

Yes, you can make some substitutions based on your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of cheese, such as ricotta or goat cheese, instead of feta. You can also use different types of greens, like kale or arugula, instead of spinach.

3. How do I properly layer the phyllo dough in the Greek Torta?

It is essential to brush each layer of phyllo dough with melted butter to prevent it from becoming soggy. Also, make sure to overlap the sheets of phyllo dough to create a sturdy base for the torta.

4. What temperature should I bake the Greek Torta at?

The Greek Torta should be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set. You can also use a toothpick to check if the torta is fully cooked by inserting it into the center and making sure it comes out clean.

5. Can I make the Greek Torta ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Greek Torta ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great option for those who want to save time on the day of serving or for meal prepping. Just make sure to cover the torta with plastic wrap before refrigerating to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • redsoxgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef