• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Blew a Great Opportunity!

In summary, the Kitchen Guy was a semifinalist for a trip to a exotic destination, but didn't win. He was wearing a Pampered Chef shirt, hat, and badge, and the guy interviewing him asked what he did. He told the guy he was a consultant, and the guy made a remark about the name badge and asked what he did. He then told the guy that he was the famous Kitchen Guy, but the guy didn't believe him. He then froze and blurted out that he was a consultant. He didn't win the trip, and he's sad that he missed the opportunity.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I'm at a live feed from a local radio station. They're giving away a "Trip of a Lifetime" to any one of 5 exotic destinations, including Austrailia and China. I was one of the finalists today.

I'm wearing my official Pampered Chef shirt, hat and name badge. The guy stuck the mic in my face and made a remark about the name badge and asked what I do.

Did I rattle off my 30 second commercial?

No.

Did I tell them with great excitement about the fabulous company I work for and the great job I have?

No.

Did I tell them that I'm the famous Kitchen Guy?

No.

I froze. Absolute numbness. I blurted out, "I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant."

What a dork. :(

And no, I didn't win the trip.

awwwwwww.... what a bummer.... I've missed a couple of opportunities, but I think I can blame it on being a newbie. What's your excuse? Hmmm???

*oy.... i re-read this and in my head it didn't sound this snotty* Sorry Kitchen Guy.

Last edited:
AWWWW. Don't beat yourself up over this. . .microphones are scary things. Sorry to hear you didn't win the trip. Must have been very exciting. Did you at least get a radio station T-shirt?

Next time you're in this situation :D you'll do better!

I need another t-shirt like I need a hemorrhoid.

Guess you don't need a t-shirt! rofl.... You'll do better next time. I think sometimes everyone just messes up, but if you beat yourself up about it, it won't accomplish anything. It has to be a learning experience, and you may have hated the trip anyway... or it may have come at a bad time... maybe you'll be doing something much bigger and more exciting at the time the trip would have been, so you weren't *supposed* to win it!

What?? You did not rattle off your 30 second commercial? :D

Thanks. Twist the knife a little more. :p

I don't know what to say... except that I'm sorry that you feel you blew it! I just have to practice, practice, practice my commercial until its the only thing that comes out. Those jox like to catch you off guard... can't tell you how many times I walk into a conversation and they think I want to be part of it, like I participated in the show prep with them. LOL

It could have been worse... You could have just shaken your head. Clammed up all together or said "Nothing, what are you doing?"

I did find some people amusing - the ones who were gesturing. Sort of like people who gesture when talking on the cell phone.

Some people just don't get it. I love how they look at the person asking them and answer with a smile.

When I don't want to be pulled into a conversation, I'll just shake my head when they ask me something. Last time I did it the guy kept asking me stuff, I kept shaking me head and he finally said ,"Ummm, we're on the radio, don't you know they can't hear you?" I replied, "Yes, but you aren't picking up on my signal that I don't want to be on your show. " The guys in the studio lost it.

There's an afternoon drive guy here who has a one-sided conversation with his producer because the producer never mics up. I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to or if the talent doesn't want to share his spotlight. Although, he does do rounds with the traffic guy on the 10 minute intervals that they do a traffic report. He also used to spar with the weather guy but he quit and the new guy isn't as playful.There is a private company here that has traffic reporters and several local stations subscribe to the service. The talent uses different names on different stations and it's always funny to listen and see if they ever screw up their on-air name or call letters. One station has an airplane for traffic reports and the talent's name is Karr. I always liked that one.

1. What do you mean by "I Just Blew a Great Opportunity!"?

As a company, we often talk about opportunities for growth and success. "I Just Blew a Great Opportunity!" refers to a missed chance to achieve something great or reach a goal that was within your reach.

2. How can I recover from blowing a great opportunity?

First and foremost, it's important to acknowledge and accept your mistake. From there, you can assess what went wrong and come up with a plan to prevent similar situations in the future. Also, try to learn from your mistake and use it as motivation to work even harder towards your goals.

3. Can blowing a great opportunity be beneficial in any way?

Yes, it can. While it may be difficult to see in the moment, blowing a great opportunity can provide valuable lessons and insights. It can also serve as a reality check and help you refocus your efforts towards your goals.

4. How can I avoid blowing future opportunities?

Communication and preparation are key. Make sure to thoroughly understand the opportunity and have a plan in place to execute it. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from others who have experience in similar situations.

5. Is it possible to turn a blown opportunity into a successful one?

Absolutely! It may require extra effort and determination, but it is definitely possible to bounce back from a blown opportunity and turn it into a successful one. Use the experience as motivation to work even harder and stay focused on your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • kisrae
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • Nicolejeanne