• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Prayers and Strength for Chronic Pain Relief | Personal Story

In summary, Jean is experiencing pain again after having fibroid tumors removed a year ago. She is hoping for prayers and strength from others to make it through the pain.
I'm still praying for you Miss Jean! :) Keep us all informed, and let us know if your lapro gets rescheduled...otherwise, 5/2/08 will be in my prayer journal for you.

Jean, you can always go after your PCP with the pointy side of the meat tenderizer, focusing on his "man bits." And then tell him that the pain is all in his head. :D

chefann said:
Jean, you can always go after your PCP with the pointy side of the meat tenderizer, focusing on his "man bits." And then tell him that the pain is all in his head. :D

OMG- too funny! I'm all for tenderizing your PCP's manberries! :angel:

And then give him some vicoden

OMG.

I just spit. That was hysterical.

yeah, we is pretty funny peoples! :)

I did giggle too when I read you comment about "manberries".

I've never heard that term before. I think I'll start using it.

I don't know on who, but I'll use it somewhere. Beware random strangers....

Well, personally I think the salad choppers are a pretty useful tool...John would have been in even more trouble if Lorena had a pair of those!

Jean DeVries said:
I did giggle too when I read you comment about "manberries".

I've never heard that term before. I think I'll start using it.

I don't know on who, but I'll use it somewhere. Beware random strangers....

He-he - didn't you know the manberries hang right in front of the dingleberries?

Um. Haven't you read this whole post? No dates since high school.

I don't know where any types of berries hang.....

:D

Jean DeVries said:

You don't need a date to know about dingleberries!

...and about manberries, haven't you had health class? :D

Yeah, but I was raised Catholic, so I averted my eyes and prayed for forgiveness during that whole discussion....

Jean DeVries said:
Yeah, but I was raised Catholic, so I averted my eyes and prayed for forgiveness during that whole discussion....
:D :D :D I'm laughing out loud over here - and trying not to wake up the rest of my family! :D :D :D Besides, Jean was raised in Jenison - so between her Catholic upbringing, and the silence of the Dutch, she probably didn't have much chance to learn those lessons.:rolleyes:ETA - Jean, did I ever tell you I'm not from around here, so I have some very interesting opinions and observations about the culture that surrounds me? (And that I married into?)

Jean DeVries said:

I always called them twigs and berries, even though they only have one twig- so one day I just nicknamed them the manberries, and it made my DH laugh, so that's what I call them. :) Okay, off to bed...

ChefBeckyD said:
ETA - Jean, did I ever tell you I'm not from around here, so I have some very interesting opinions and observations about the culture that surrounds me? (And that I married into?)

Hey...watch out about those hidden Dutch comments! Some of us are sensitive! ;) ;) (I really am only joking...I know you don't mean anything by it)

rebeccastt said:
Hey...watch out about those hidden Dutch comments! Some of us are sensitive! ;) ;) (I really am only joking...I know you don't mean anything by it)

Nope - I stayed here, met my husband here, and am raising my son here, I love this community.......BUT there are some things that make me roll my eyes. :D :rolleyes:

Like - since when did jello become a vegetable?

or - What is up with wallpapering your garage?

and - I honestly don't think God minds if I stop at the grocery store to buy milk and eggs on Sunday......(and what's the difference between that and having the paper delivered to your door on Sunday? Someone is still working.....:confused: )

I've logged onto this thread several times to see how you are doing. It reminds me of an episode from HOUSE series. Amazing what you have gone
through and still don't have a definitive answer. You are in my prayers, too, for pain relief, and an answer with immediate corrective action.

ChefBeckyD said:
Nope - I stayed here, met my husband here, and am raising my son here, I love this community.......BUT there are some things that make me roll my eyes. :D :rolleyes:

and - I honestly don't think God minds if I stop at the grocery store to buy milk and eggs on Sunday......(and what's the difference between that and having the paper delivered to your door on Sunday? Someone is still working.....:confused: )

Okay, my husband will be happy to hear this- I can't get him to eat corn! Who doesn't like corn? And what is up with people wallpapering their garage?

ChefBeckyD said:

Yah....I had issues with that one growing up. We couldn't go eat out after church on Sunday because the poor waitress would be working. But, I could never figure that one out, because then we'd stay home, my mom would make brunch but she'd have to be working!!!???!!

There are definitely some quirky things about us Dutch folk!

BTW, I can't stand ANYTHING in my Jello since we always had weird things in there growing up!

ChefBeckyD said:

OK. I'm apparently not Dutch enough....I've never heard jello referred to as a vegetable, and I have NEVER seen anyone wallpaper their garage.

That's just weird, I don't care where you came from....

Jean DeVries said:
OK. I'm apparently not Dutch enough....I've never heard jello referred to as a vegetable, and I have NEVER seen anyone wallpaper their garage.

Well, at any family (DH's side of the family) gatherings we have, I have discovered that if anyone besides myself is bringing the salad - it usually involves jello, with fruit or carrots or other things mixed into it. And they serve it with the main meal as a vegetable.....for me, growing up, Jello was a dessert.

And the Wallpaper thing.....well, ALL of my DH's relatives (all Dutch) have at least a border in the garage...and pictures or decorations hanging on the walls - seriously - their garages are cleaner than my basement on any given day - and often cleaner than my house.

I actually love to have them over, because I know they are aghast at my living conditions.:D :D :D

Oh - and I am not dirty at all - cluttered, yes - and sometimes the floor really needs to be swept/mopped - but these are all women who's homes look like no one lives there......(they are also all a bit uptight - love 'em, but that's the way they are!)

Ah. I just realized the error of my ways...despite being a DeVries, we NEVER had any contact with the Dutch side of my family. My grandmother was persona non grata with my grandfather's family.

That's OK, because the German, Greek, Yooper ancestoral traditions we carried on were WAY more fun....(usually because they involved alcohol....)

Jean DeVries said:

If anyone knew what Jell-O is made from, they'd never eat it again.

Jean -
Glad to know you are getting somewhere with everything! Saw an article today that made me think of you until I saw your chiro and gyn were helping!
article

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If anyone knew what Jell-O is made from, they'd never eat it again.
Fully aware of what it's made of, and I still love it! Especially just drinking the liquid before it sets and solidifies...it's like kool-aid! :)

katie0128 said:
Jean -
Glad to know you are getting somewhere with everything! Saw an article today that made me think of you until I saw your chiro and gyn were helping!
article

Huh.

Very interesting. Thanks for thinking of me. I will keep this in mind if my gyn surgery is no help. (I waffle between thinking it will and thinking it won't...I"m not too optimistic...but I'm hoping she'll fix whatever she finds, no matter where it is....)

OK, so tomorrow is "Go under the knife day", or in my case, because it's laproscopy, "Go under the little sticks that look like salad tongs when they're stuffed in your gut day."

Apparently I answered some of the pre-surgical questions wrong, because they made me go in for an EKG today. Mental note: In the future, answer all questions NO. Got it.

Actually, I always think I'm not very healthy, and then they call with a thousand "Have you ever had/Do you have" questions that I always can answer no and I think, "Hey, I might live to my next birthday!"

Anywhoo, all was fine until they came and told me my 7:30 am procedure had been changed to 2:30. No problem, I like sleeping in. Then they said I couldn't eat after midnight.

Huh? Say wha?

I'm a fat girl. We can't go 14 1/2 hours without food. What's that all about? How is it that when my procedure was scheduled for 7:30 am I couldn't have any food after midnight, and when it's scheduled for 7 hours later, I still have the same food restrictions? That doesn't make any sense.

Between the hours of 12 and 7 am, I am allowed clear liquids, and I quote, "including apple juice and jello".

In whose world is jello a clear liquid? Everything I've ever know about jello has been shattered in recent weeks....first it's a vegetable, and now it's a clear liquid? How did I get this old without knowing the intricate details of jello? I feel so naieve. But I digress.

So, anyhow, my plan is to stuff as much food down the gullet as close to 11:59 as I can, stay up as long as I can, and sleep through most of the morning so I won't hear my stomach growl.

Although I'm in pain at the moment (which makes me hopeful she'll be able to find something because, hello, my groin is screaming right now), and I'm really tired right now.

And now I'm wondering if the next time someone googles my name, the phrase "hello, my groin is screaming right now" will be the first excerpt they see.

Oh well.

Good luck tomorrow...both with the 'surgery' and the food deprivation. Sending well-wishes your way by the bucketful. Your posts, even when written in misery, always have the most gracefully wicked humor. Hang in there!

Wow, Jean! I hear ya.....I'd be a terror without any food in the morning. I'm already NOT a morning person.

Good luck with everything. Keep us posted and hang in there!!

Jean, prayers for my favorite funny homie going out to you! We need you well so you can visit here more often! I think of you tons and pray for you a lot! Let us know how things went! I'll also pray for the doctors, too!

Have fun with the Lapro- I've had 2...

Well, I did kind of catch a break in that they called me and asked if I could do 11 am instead. So I did.

But I still didn't get into surgery until about 2:30.

Apparently, she found some endometriosis (that's a new one for me) and something about my fallopian tube being attached where it didn't belong. But here's the weird thing...it was on the left side. All my pain is on the right side. So we'll see.

I didn't actually talk to my doctor, she talked to my mom. And then when I talked to my mom I was all cracked up on anesthetic. So now, I'm just on the couch, watching the Tigers, and occasionally napping.

I'm a happy girl.....

Jean DeVries said:
Well, I did kind of catch a break in that they called me and asked if I could do 11 am instead. So I did.

But I still didn't get into surgery until about 2:30.

Apparently, she found some endometriosis (that's a new one for me) and something about my fallopian tube being attached where it didn't belong. But here's the weird thing...it was on the left side. All my pain is on the right side. So we'll see.

I didn't actually talk to my doctor, she talked to my mom. And then when I talked to my mom I was all cracked up on anesthetic. So now, I'm just on the couch, watching the Tigers, and occasionally napping.

I'm a happy girl.....

Glad the surgery went well! Come join us here- when you are on those happy pills, yer a lot more fun! And since you're already a hoot, I'm thinking you'll have us all in stitches! LOL

Glad you are resting comfortably!

So glad to know you came out of surgery good... and nicely doped up on pain meds... they always make things better! Can't wait to hear the official report from the surgeon and see if she has an explaination for your pain.

As far as your tube being in the wrong place... we all know your brain wiring is a bit off... so the rest of your body is following suit! Maybe the nerves were transmitting the pain from your left side, but your goofy brain got it wrong and decided to make you feel the pain on your right. Sounds good to me!

Enjoy the meds and keep us updated!

How are you doing today Jean?

Just fine thanks for asking!

A little sore, and still have a wee bit o' pain where I had it before, so I'm not sure if that means the surgery didn't work or what.

I'm still baffled by the fact that she did stuff on the left side of me when it's been the right that's hurt all along. I'm hoping she's confused.....

Enjoyed the excuse to stay in bed until amost 4 today!

OK, I have decided I will have no more surgeries where they have to pump you full of air.

The gas pain is unbearable (TMI, I know....). I'd give my left nut for a good crap (waaaayyyyyyy TMI, I know).

I have, however, rewarded myself plenty of times with ice cream though :) I reasoned that since most times ice cream gives me an upset stomach, the more I ate the more I could hasten the aforementioned turd-fest.

So far, no luck.

I'm gonna keep trying though :)

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, am I missing the easy way to reply to a PM? I always just Forward back to the person, but I think I'm just missing Reply somewhere.....

sorry for being crass....sometimes I can't help myself. I blame the anesthetic. Yes, I know it's 4 days later. I'm telling myself that anesthetic hangs out in fat cells for a while...in which case, I'll still be loopy on my next birthday

Jean DeVries said:
sorry for being crass....sometimes I can't help myself. I blame the anesthetic. Yes, I know it's 4 days later. I'm telling myself that anesthetic hangs out in fat cells for a while...in which case, I'll still be loopy on my next birthday

Anyone that would think your remarks are crass hasn't been around here for very long... or, for that matter, read the first few pages of this thread!!!

Here's to hoping you can't post for the rest of the evening... that is unless you have a laptop and wireless internet to take into the bathroom with you!!!

katie0128 said:
Here's to hoping you can't post for the rest of the evening... that is unless you have a laptop and wireless internet to take into the bathroom with you!!!
Well, if that isn't just the sweetest way to say, "Here's hoping things get moving!" :D

Maybe you need a nice prune smoothie.

chefann said:
Well, if that isn't just the sweetest way to say, "Here's hoping things get moving!" :D

Maybe you need a nice prune smoothie.

I've had strawberry "smoothies".

And a banana split "smoothie" from Steak & Shake.

Maybe the 'smoothie' part isn't the key to success here....

I think it's probably the difference between a smoothie and a "smoothie." ;) And the operative word there was supposed to be prune.Just remember, in the words of my DH, "Painful gas? Actually, it's kinda fun."

Jean DeVries said:
OK, I have decided I will have no more surgeries where they have to pump you full of air.

The gas pain is unbearable (TMI, I know....). I'd give my left nut for a good crap (waaaayyyyyyy TMI, I know).

I have, however, rewarded myself plenty of times with ice cream though :) I reasoned that since most times ice cream gives me an upset stomach, the more I ate the more I could hasten the aforementioned turd-fest.

So far, no luck.

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, am I missing the easy way to reply to a PM? I always just Forward back to the person, but I think I'm just missing Reply somewhere.....

DRIED FRUIT!!! Eat lots and ots of dried fruit...dried apricots, etc...you'll be going in no time. There's nothing worse than being backed up...well, there are a few things but...well...nevermind ;)

Jean DeVries said:
I've had strawberry "smoothies".

And a banana split "smoothie" from Steak & Shake.

Maybe the 'smoothie' part isn't the key to success here....

Bananas are binding - stay away from bananas!!!
:eek:

Dairy plugs some people up as well...get going on those leafy greens! :) LOL

And as far as being "crass" goes- yer not crass- just funny!

Crisis over.

Ice cream consumption continues....

Rough day at work. Maybe I'll have a gin float...

mmm... adult ice cream beverages...That sounds like a fun theme show. :)

chefann said:
mmm... adult ice cream beverages...

That sounds like a fun theme show. :)

I always like adult beverage parties. Tipsy people spend more money.

Jean DeVries said:

So far, no luck.

Um...when did you get a guy? :eek:

I would think you would have shared that with us! ...and I KNOW you wouldn't want to give up his nuts. :p

janetupnorth said:
Um...when did you get a guy? :eek:

I would think you would have shared that with us! ...and I KNOW you wouldn't want to give up his nuts. :p
Amen Sister! :D :blushing:

Sigh.

Unfortunately, I haven't. It's actually been depressing me for quite a while. I find myself constantly looking at other people and wondering what they have that I don't. I'm a nice person (believe it or not), have a good job (for now, until they fire me for, well, not being a nice person), I'm extremely loyal, very protective, I clean, and I make a mean gin float. I just can't get past being fat & homely. Apparently there's not a colony of men somewhere looking for fat & homely women.

(And seriously, DON"T TELL ME THERE ARE, because then I'll really have to wonder what the hell is wrong with me :)

Sometimes I tell myself that I don't lose weight because I don't want to find out that it's not because I'm fat that I'm repulsive to the opposite gender...I don't want to find out it's like my personality.

Not to go off on a depressing tangent, but it's been really hard for me lately. I think it's moving into a soccer mom house in a soccer mom neighborhood. I drove through some other neighborhood the other day to deliver some Girl Scout stuff and busted out crying.

But no, if I had someone, I would definitely want them to keep all of their nuts. Not that I'd know what to do with them....

sorry to be such a downer. I had a bad week at work. This guy I work with, who I should have fired when he reported to me but didn't because I'm a nice person and felt bad for him, sent me this whole email about how I have no tact and people don't like me. I was all like, "well, screw you dumba**." Honestly, how could he say that????

Last edited:
Jean DeVries said:
Sigh.

Unfortunately, I haven't. It's actually been depressing me for quite a while. I find myself constantly looking at other people and wondering what they have that I don't. I'm a nice person (believe it or not), have a good job (for now, until they fire me for, well, not being a nice person), I'm extremely loyal, very protective, I clean, and I make a mean gin float. I just can't get past being fat & homely. Apparently there's not a colony of men somewhere looking for fat & homely women.

(And seriously, DON"T TELL ME THERE ARE, because then I'll really have to wonder what the hell is wrong with me :)

Sometimes I tell myself that I don't lose weight because I don't want to find out that it's not because I'm fat that I'm repulsive to the opposite gender...I don't want to find out it's like my personality.

Not to go off on a depressing tangent, but it's been really hard for me lately. I think it's moving into a soccer mom house in a soccer mom neighborhood. I drove through some other neighborhood the other day to deliver some Girl Scout stuff and busted out crying.

But no, if I had someone, I would definitely want them to keep all of their nuts. Not that I'd know what to do with them....

sorry to be such a downer. I had a bad week at work. This guy I work with, who I should have fired when he reported to me but didn't because I'm a nice person and felt bad for him, sent me this whole email about how I have no tact and people don't like me. I was all like, "well, screw you dumba**." Honestly, how could he say that????

Jean, I've learned the hard way that nice, funny people with neat personalities are generally targets of others who don't like themselves and are really jealous by how special we really are! I think that is just your case with the twit's at your job!

It that guy is your subordinate I'd write him up for insubordination. Heck- you have the proof! For him to tell you people don't like you? What the heck!?!?

I'm sorry that you are feeling alone and unloveable. I wish I could make that all better for you. I think you are pretty- based on your upside down picture. Stop thinking you are homely- if you need to lose weight that's one thing, but I have a hard time believing you are as homely as you think you are!

Prayers going out to you! :)

H2: What is the background of the person seeking prayers and strength for chronic pain relief?<p>The person has been experiencing chronic pain, possibly related to digestive issues or fibroid tumors, and has already had one surgery to remove the tumors.</p>H2: How did the person's previous surgery affect their pain?<p>The person was pain-free for five months after the surgery, but now the pain has returned and they are unsure of the cause.</p>H2: What steps is the person taking to address their pain?<p>The person has an appointment with their gynecologist next week and has also consulted with their regular doctor, who has not prescribed pain medication. They are seeking prayers and strength to cope with the pain until a cause can be identified.</p>H2: What specific prayers are the person asking for?<p>The person is asking for prayers for strength to endure the pain and not become depressed, as well as for guidance in finding the cause of the pain.</p>H2: What is the person's current emotional state?<p>The person is anxious and worried about the pain and its potential causes, as well as struggling with lack of sleep due to the pain.</p>
H2: What is the background of the person seeking prayers and strength for chronic pain relief?

The person has been experiencing chronic pain, possibly related to digestive issues or fibroid tumors, and has already had one surgery to remove the tumors.

H2: How did the person's previous surgery affect their pain?

The person was pain-free for five months after the surgery, but now the pain has returned and they are unsure of the cause.

H2: What steps is the person taking to address their pain?

The person has an appointment with their gynecologist next week and has also consulted with their regular doctor, who has not prescribed pain medication. They are seeking prayers and strength to cope with the pain until a cause can be identified.

H2: What specific prayers are the person asking for?

The person is asking for prayers for strength to endure the pain and not become depressed, as well as for guidance in finding the cause of the pain.

H2: What is the person's current emotional state?

The person is anxious and worried about the pain and its potential causes, as well as struggling with lack of sleep due to the pain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies