• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Dealing with Cancellations: A Frustrating Experience

In summary, the host from hell canceled on the person who had arranged the party for her, and then accused them of not doing anything to try to make it work.
ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh just sayin' :yuck::yuck::yuck::grumpy::grumpy:

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry! :(

even worse when it is new consultant grand openings.. really??? I am working for practically free and you cancel on me at the last minute which means I did not fill that date on MY calendar so I can make money for MY family!!

I think we all hate them. Even worse when it's a consultant that does it to you! Ugh! So sorry!

:( Hopefully she'll reschedule. I had a new consultant who clx and she's never rescheduled and wont return messages. UGH!

ohhhh it was 2 of them this week!!! Seriously discouraging... NEXT!

I just had my first 'Host from Hell' nightmare happen last week and she was a FORMER consultant who too cancelled the night before her show at 8pm and then blamed it all on me. Cancellations blow. I feel your pain!

Melissa78 said:
then blamed it all on me.

That's horrible! How on earth could that be your fault???? DISLIKE!!!

finley1991 said:
That's horrible! How on earth could that be your fault???? DISLIKE!!!

She got her host packet in June when I had the party with the other host. She explained that I did not need to explain the order forms and such as she was a recent former consultant (1-2yrs). Plus she had parties with my AD so she was well versed. I called her before conference re: her guest list. She told me she was not sending out invites (RED FLAG) as she worked with everyone and her family and she would verbally (RED FLAG) invite them all. So I "assumed" (RED FLAG on my part) she knew what she was doing. I returned from conference and had a boat load of crap going on but figured she was 'safe' as she knew what to do. I called her the night before at 8:10pm to get directions and have her choose her recipe as I was providing the ingredients. She says "Oh i was just going to email you and cancel as no one is coming. A girl at work had a party last night and they all went to hers. But they still said they would order so we can just make it a book party." Ok - WHATEVER.

Next day my AD calls me at work to tell me this host had msged her on FB to say "Don't tell Melissa but I don't want to do my party with her b/c she called me the night before." Meanwhile I had already told her about this chick as she was under my AD and we talked in Chicago how she was not sending out invites. My AD says in Chicago, "Well I hope she has more than the 3 people that attended her last party I did for her." (RED FLAG) So she wanted to go behind my back and have my AD submit the party for her and never tell me. Well of course my AD wouldn't do that and told her she had to tell me first...so she emailed me (easy way out) but didn't say anything about going with my AD. No problem. I returned her email with what I felt was tactful and I did apologize (and it was sincere 5x over) however I did allow myself to tell her what I thought of her cancelling the night before and how if she wanted to chastise me, she should re-consider her last minute cancellation when I could have filled that in.

End result: she blasted me in a response via email and told me how horrible I was and that she was shaking from disgust and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I was taken back and re-read what I wrote but still don't get it. I accepted all responsibility, apologized and even THANKED her for reminding me of my business practices that I will not waver from going forward. #1 no invite list to me, no party. (worded nicer of course) and #2 don't assume recent PC consultants have a clue and will actually invite people (again worded nicer).

Now, behind my ADs back, she has had a co-worker ask another one of our team members to do the show for her. (She doesn't get it that we're all connected and support each other, we don't backstab) and even my AD says "GOOD RIDDENCE".

My biggest fear though is that she is going to bash me to the host where I booked her from and that host was planning on having a party with me in November. Not sure if I should do damage control or just pray nothing comes up. I've known the host since I was a child and thats why it bothers me the most. I have been asked to talk about host coaching at Team Meetings - I'm not a slouch in this area but she made me out to be the worst consultant on earth.

Two plus years at this and NEVER had an unhappy host. Never even had a freakazoid to deal with....I don't think I can say that anymore. Again, I accepted responsibility for any short-comings however I really don't think I was too far off base. I honestly feel she never invited people and she wants to put it back on me. In one word, "whatever".

(((hugs))) So sorry girl.

Oh yuck Melissa!
Perhaps that's a glimpse as to why she 'used to be a consultant'. I wouldn't worry about her trashing you, your host probably knows how she is.

So sorry! I had one like that too. Nothing we can do but move on... Since you've known the past host so long I might mention something about it to her. She'll probably roll her eyes... (I agree that I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't someone you know really well.)

Melissa78 said:
My biggest fear though is that she is going to bash me to the host where I booked her from and that host was planning on having a party with me in November.

I don't think you have anything to worry about... clearly everyone knows what this lady is up to and if she's treating her PC buddies like crap, being dishonest and going behind people's backs, you KNOW she does it to her friends.

All you should do, instead of damage control (and in a way this is) is host coach the begeebers out of your November host. Then no on can say you didn't do what you were supposed to.

This lady sounds evil... she must be destroyed. :devil:

finley1991 said:
All you should do, instead of damage control (and in a way this is) is host coach the begeebers out of your November host. Then no on can say you didn't do what you were supposed to.

This lady sounds evil... she must be destroyed. :devil:

That was my plan! I did talk to the Nov host today regarding an Adjustment HO messed up on (only sent one thing and not the other) and she seemed ok. Told her I was even throwing in an Oil Dipping Seasoning for her for any inconvenience the HO blunder may have caused and she thought it was great (I knew she likes the pantry items) so my drawer of 'tricks' happened to have the Rosemary/Lemon Seasoning in it...I'll never use it so make a happy host! :)

You don't even know the words I have said to myself about the "former consultant" while still trying to take the high road and accept all responsibility (even though I KNOW it is not all my fault).

Life moves on...I love Karma - she'll have her day! :)
muahahahahaha

Melissa78 said:
You don't even know the words I have said to myself about the "former consultant" while still trying to take the high road and accept all responsibility (even though I KNOW it is not all my fault).

I usually do the *it was too bad about the misunderstanding...* That way I'm not apologizing and there is no blame on either part. And you're not making her look bad.

HUGS!

Wow Melissa! That is amazingly disgusting and as you said...karma. Big Ol Hug from TX. Ugh...looks like people are being harsh this month!

Just as much as I hate cancellations are the end-of -season postponements. An Aug. host who already has her packet now wants to resched for Sept. That's $10 on postage for her already (outside order from the show, who now after several e-mails to her confirming everything says she didn't check her calendar when she scheduled. huh?) never mind 2 host packets of catalogs, etc.

Becca

Amen Becca!

Becca_in_MD said:
Just as much as I hate cancellations are the end-of -season postponements. An Aug. host who already has her packet now wants to resched for Sept. That's $10 on postage for her already (outside order from the show, who now after several e-mails to her confirming everything says she didn't check her calendar when she scheduled. huh?) never mind 2 host packets of catalogs, etc.

Becca

:( That's no fun!!!

Becca_in_MD said:

Becca

Did you already send the Sept.packet? If not I'd send the minis and make up a flyer for her to insert in the catalogs she has with the discontinued items listed and maybe even the price changes or at least a note that some prices have changed... You could either include the new OOF or email that to her. It would save you a lot on postage.

1. What is the cancellation policy for Pampered Chef orders?

Our cancellation policy states that orders can be cancelled within 24 hours of being placed. After that, cancellations may not be possible as the order may already be in process.

2. Can I cancel my Pampered Chef order after it has been shipped?

Unfortunately, once an order has been shipped, it cannot be cancelled. However, you can return the items for a refund or exchange within our return policy guidelines.

3. How do I cancel my Pampered Chef order?

To cancel an order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. They will assist you with the cancellation process and provide further instructions.

4. Will I be charged a fee for cancelling my Pampered Chef order?

No, there is no fee for cancelling an order within the 24-hour window. However, if the order has already been processed and shipped, standard return fees may apply.

5. Can I cancel a Pampered Chef order that was placed through a consultant?

Yes, you can cancel an order that was placed through a consultant by contacting our customer service team. Please have your order number and consultant's information ready to expedite the cancellation process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • PamperedTammy