• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Discouraged and Disheartened: June Sales

sort of. It is a bit comforting to know that we are in the same boat, but it is also a bit depressing because we all want to see our teams succeed.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
:sick: that about sums it up. It is June, a sell-a-thon month. I have $3500 in sales so far. My 1st line of 18, drum roll please..... $1000! Really?! :yuck:!

If free products don't motivate them, I do not know what will. I need a new team!

Sorry, just needed to rant a bit. I get a bit discouraged with them.

Well out of 27 of us I have submitted 5 shows so far and by the end of the month I will have 14-15 in. My team has submitted 4 shows. I must say I am surprised. Even if you are a part time consultant why wouldn't you submit 2 shows for $60 in free fall product?? I get excited about it and I earn 2 sets! I know some have shows to go in, but I am hoping for a really big jump in submitted shows at the end of the month.

Agreed! I will make my 6000 this month (want two sets) I have sent out emails, shared ways to get 1000 in. At least two shows.

sigh...don't they SEE it?? don't they WANT it??

I think some are just not willing to work it. Going to work on power hour training with my worker bee ladies to see if it will help.

Trying to drill in that what you do now affects your biz in 90 days. If you want a strong fall, you got to plant and work them seeds now.

My goal is 6200 a month in sales regardless to be a director. I have 22 in overall downline. I JUST made director on four directs and two indirects today. phew!

Thankfully, I have one gogetter that 'gets' it. She wants to retire in one year and is hoping Pampered Chef is her ticket. Since May, she has signed 4 recruits and has 3 in the wings...now to train them to get q'd and off and running!

I'll never get that mindset. They want to make $500 when they sign and then submit one show a month if that. Ugh. I have two that are working their business and one who says she is but is very inconsistent. I'm a director this month if I just find a few more sales myself. I never have to worry about that part (my requirements) but having 3 surgeries, one major, and in the hospital four times since January and then half of June on vacation has really taken a toll on my personal business. Must.get.on.the.phone. ...I will have the two shows though for sure. Just praying for that last bit of sales to hit my director minimum.

The ONLY comfort is that this is not just a regional or localized problem. Although is it actually a comfort? I know that this summer I am going to try my darnedest (is that a word??) to recruit and try to get some energy into some one! My enthusiasm comes from others as well.

I feel your pain. I'm having a hard time motivating my team this year.
Our team sales are way down this year. We used to be around 12-20,000..now we are hugging 6-8,000 every month. Majority of that is mine. I've got 25 on the team with only 6-8 submitting/month 1-2 shows each. I think my team is in a re-building mode. Out with the old and bring in the new.

I think it is across the board. I know several other directors, Ul directors whose team sales have dropped dramatically over the last few months- mine included. I honestly don't know what else to do. I even offered an incentive for holding and submitting 2-4 shows this month. BUPKUSSS!

Is it bad that I feel better knowing you are in the same boat as me? I am also in a recruiting slump right now. The last one that signed has dropped off the face of the earth and I just cannot get anybody to commit. They all say call me back next month. ARG! I have also notice a decrease in HO leads. I have been getting online order leads, but no actual names since March.

Thanks for posting your responses.

cookingwithlove said:
Is it bad that I feel better knowing you are in the same boat as me? I am also in a recruiting slump right now. The last one that signed has dropped off the face of the earth and I just cannot get anybody to commit. They all say call me back next month. ARG! I have also notice a decrease in HO leads. I have been getting online order leads, but no actual names since March.

Thanks for posting your responses.

No, it is not bad to feel the way we do!! Misery loves company LOL!! I have been in a recruiting slump. I have to get a better system set up for training in the spring because the last 2 years I have recruited 2 consultants and each year, none of them have reached $1250 in their first 3 months!!:cry: I take responsibility for that, however.

And HO leads are not as plentiful in our area because we have had more people eligible in my downline to receive them...but I guess that is not a bad thing!:)

I have 75 on my personal team and only 15 have submitted this month... that is a 50+% drop over last year. I have hostesses galore but having a hard time getting recruits to committ too. People are contacting me, saying they want to sign and then falling off the face of the earth. I had 4 like that is month alone... hey you called me remember!

I know it is the summer season (school let out here today) but geez! I will be getting on the phone soon as well to promote the heck out of July and August.

And to recruit!

Ok, so if we are all going through this....and it's the same message across the country with many of us--what do you think is different from last year? I am really suffering this month, first June in 10 years I haven't hit at least $1500. Team sales---ha ha ha! So what do you think it is? Not trying to start a fight, just curious.

I blame me. I was just saying to hubby last night. That maybe I am not supportive enough or maybe I don't train them enough. He thinks I am wrong. My director says they lost sight of their why. I don't think they ever had a why. And this could be my fault and not working on it with them.

cookingwithlove said:
I blame me. I was just saying to hubby last night. That maybe I am not supportive enough or maybe I don't train them enough. He thinks I am wrong. My director says they lost sight of their why. I don't think they ever had a why. And this could be my fault and not working on it with them.

I think this is it exactly. BUT a lot of the whys on my team are extra money, fun money, something to do. I don't have a lot that start with a specific goal of x # dollars a month. It may be my fault for not helping them to develop it, but you can only do so much of that for them.
The shows are there when you have a big enough why. My why right now is that my husband is in the middle of changing jobs and will have no income what so ever in the month of July:sick: We have 4 small children. Since Monday, my July calender has gone from 3 shows to 13, but I am working my business every day like its my job. There is nothing like needing to put a roof over your kids heads and food on the table to light a fire under you butt! I realize that most people on my team aren't going to be at this level and I wasn't when I started. The thing I want them to realize is that the potential is there. I mean what other job allows you to go from a $1,000 -$3,000 paycheck just because you need to???

Let's take a step back and remind ourselves of something... these are grown people.. they are perfectly capable of being responsible for themselves. We certainly run businesses, sometimes with supportive uplines and sometimes without. We get shows on our calendar, conduct meetings, recruit, have families, lives, drama...So why is it that we beat ourselves up when they "don't get it". It is all numbers... enough people coming in means more activity, more money etc. Move on from those that don't or won't get it, are lazy, crazy, or just plain dumb! Look for new ones, spend your time on your person business. Book more shows, sell more and recruit more personally.

pcjenni said:
Let's take a step back and remind ourselves of something... these are grown people.. they are perfectly capable of being responsible for themselves. We certainly run businesses, sometimes with supportive uplines and sometimes without. We get shows on our calendar, conduct meetings, recruit, have families, lives, drama...So why is it that we beat ourselves up when they "don't get it". It is all numbers... enough people coming in means more activity, more money etc. Move on from those that don't or won't get it, are lazy, crazy, or just plain dumb! Look for new ones, spend your time on your person business. Book more shows, sell more and recruit more personally.

Thank you, Jenni!! 2 meetings ago, I was really discouraged with the 2 I have coming (there are only 3 in that area..my other area no one wants to attend meetings...ugh!). Spoke with my ED and she realized for me that they have belief issues. So I wanted to concentrate on that last meeting and that is when I realized that I had given them a TON of information on keeping your summer going, common hesitations, how to book outside of your circle, etc. I then had to realize that I am doing a good deal with this group and it was now up to them to TAKE ACTION. I did a meeting survey slip and did not follow up so there is more for me to do as well, but truely, THEY have to meet us half way.

Someone else I spoke to is happy doing 1 show a month or 1 every other month...in the beginning she had a $1000 grand opening, bookings and wanted to earn more money. But would not respond to setting up training and could not come to meetings. So I am "leading the horse to water" so to speak but it is up "to the horse to drink". (In no way am I referencing anyone to a horse...just using an old phrase).

pcjenni said:

That's what I was trying to say! Jenni just said it better. If they want to do it the business is there for them to do it. It is just a matter of how bad they want it!

Someone is going to WANT it, like I did...I signed up to do two shows a month. When I got my consultant number and logged onto CCorner I said HOLY COW! This is BIG!!

Honey, I think I want to do more than two shows a month!

Never looked back! I want more me(s) on my team! I want them to set a goal and go for it! I am their example of what could happen if they set their mind to it..18 months in...at 9 months in I earned Shopping Spree for 53, at 11 months, all expense paid trip for 2 to Hawaii

I did this while working full time (granted at home doing transcribing but still working 6 hours a day) AND homeschooling a 12-year-old and having to deal with a teenager all day long....

Come on...SUCK IT UP...if you want it GO GET IT!

Sorry...can you tell I have whiners on my team? BUT I have a lot of gifted people too...for whatever reason...including the husband not wanting them out of the house....they are not putting any effort into it.

by the way Wahooo for Chantelle... from 3 to 13 shows on her calendar!!:party: :bugeye:

WooHoo! :D

What is "Discouraged and Disheartened: June Sales"?

"Discouraged and Disheartened: June Sales" is a report or update on the sales performance of a company or individual for the month of June. It can refer to a decrease or decline in sales compared to previous months, which can be discouraging and disheartening for the seller.

Why is it important to track June sales?

June is typically the end of the second quarter, making it an important time to evaluate the overall performance of a business or individual. Tracking June sales can provide insights into the effectiveness of sales strategies and help identify areas for improvement.

What factors can contribute to discouraged and disheartened June sales?

There are various factors that can contribute to a decrease in June sales. These can include seasonal trends, changes in consumer behavior, economic conditions, and competition. It's important to analyze these factors and make adjustments to improve sales in the future.

How can discouraged and disheartened June sales be turned around?

There are several strategies that can help turn around discouraged and disheartened June sales. These include adjusting pricing strategies, offering promotions or discounts, improving marketing efforts, and providing exceptional customer service. It's also important to analyze sales data and make informed decisions based on the insights.

What steps can be taken to prevent discouraged and disheartened June sales in the future?

To prevent discouraged and disheartened June sales in the future, it's important to consistently track and analyze sales performance, understand market trends and consumer behavior, and make necessary adjustments to sales strategies. Building strong relationships with customers and continuously improving products or services can also help prevent a decline in sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • PCJenni