1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I got my cake mixes today

Tags:
  1. bejams

bejams Member

I have not tried them yet but I can not imagine what can possibly make this taste like it is worth $8, for one 9 in one layer cake. I am waiting to cook this cake until something special comes up.
    Just curious about how every one feels.

Sep 27, 2005
  2. noradawn

noradawn Guest

I got mine today, too...

...and I have to admit that I was also a little disappointed to see that they only make a one layer cake.

I am looking forward to someone reporting how it tastes!

Sep 27, 2005
  3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I agree. I am not even going try them. I am gonna use as giveaways. I will be very surprised if I sell any at all.

Sep 28, 2005
  4. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Me too...

I was pretty surprised to see what had to be added. The calories and fat are very high! Plus, that's for a 1/15th sized piece. :eek: I don't know about you all but I've never cut a 9" cake into 15 pieces.

Sep 28, 2005
  5. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I received mine yesterday. I saw them at conference and have already decided that they won't sell well in my area. Yes, its true that if you eat in out you are going to pay 2-5 dollars for a slice of cake, but you didn't have to cook it yourself. Maybe it will sell better in larger areas, but around here everyone wants a bargain. Betty Crocker is top of the line and people would rather pay 1.29 for a mix and make their own frosting. I made the Key Lime Mousse Cake for a show on Saturday and it didn't cost near what the cake mix costs and it is to die for.

shawnna

Sep 28, 2005
  6. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

I made the lemon one

and I can tell you it is very very good. It does not taste like anything from a box, very lemony and it doesn't have that "fake" lemon taste, and it does make a pretty cake if it is only one layer. I didnt add the lemon rind like the recipe calls for in the glaze. I think if I was making it at a show or to serve company, I'd probably grate some on top. I ate a little 1" piece, hubby at a much bigger slice. You would pay more at a bakery but still for $8, I doubt if I sell any and I am not going to push them unless a guest expresses interest. Just wanted ya'll to know that it is yummy!

Sep 28, 2005
  7. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

Compare the price to William Sonoma

And the cake is less than 1/2 the price.

We tasted this at a recent cluster meeting. It was good, although I would much rather have another type of dessert.

The slices are so small due to how much fat is in the cake!

Sep 28, 2005
  8. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I have never heard of William Sanoma. I compared the price to HomeMade Gourmet and it is about 3 bucks higher. People who think a higher price makes a better product will purchase these, but I don't expect them to be around this spring. But, who knows, you never can tell what people will grab up.

Shawnna

Sep 28, 2005
  9. cbord

cbord Member

Remember we can buy these mixes on our supply order about $5.50??. It may be a nice thing to make for host at shows. I am making the lemon one for a Saturday show. I am saving the choclate one for my birthday at end of month.
    Charlene

Sep 28, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted