• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Don't Know What to Think About Hostd

does your state tax shipping for PC? It sounds like you may have been able to work something out with her, but you may want to reach out to her again to make sure.
jj16
Gold Member
Okay so my show that I had last week totally fell on its face. Not even $150 it was $75 and the one guest that did show up had something come up and ended up not being able to order. I kind of knew that it would so I wasn't disappointed.

At first she wanted me to give her another week but I put the brakes on that one. I thought let's just get this over with. I told her I would put her guests on another order if she would like but I did stand my ground. Then her mom tried telling me that you can't tax shipping. I explained that to her and told her that if her mom still has questions have her call me.

This is the part I can't believe. She wants to try again. So she wants to try to do some kind of fundraiser for her daughter's school but YOU CAN BET I DIDN'T TRY TO SCHEDULE ANYTHING AT HER HOUSE. I suggested let's try to see if we could use the school facilities or somewhere we could fit a lot of people. She must really want something bad to be willing to try again.

So I don't really know what to propose to her but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'd love for her to be successful even though I felt the effort wasn't there on the first attempt.

Thanks

Judy

jj16 said:
Okay so my show that I had last week totally fell on its face. Not even $150 it was $75 and the one guest that did show up had something come up and ended up not being able to order. I kind of knew that it would so I wasn't disappointed.

At first she wanted me to give her another week but I put the brakes on that one. I thought let's just get this over with. I told her I would put her guests on another order if she would like but I did stand my ground. Then her mom tried telling me that you can't tax shipping. I explained that to her and told her that if her mom still has questions have her call me.

This is the part I can't believe. She wants to try again. So she wants to try to do some kind of fundraiser for her daughter's school but YOU CAN BET I DIDN'T TRY TO SCHEDULE ANYTHING AT HER HOUSE. I suggested let's try to see if we could use the school facilities or somewhere we could fit a lot of people. She must really want something bad to be willing to try again. So I don't really know what to propose to her but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'd love for her to be successful even though I felt the effort wasn't there on the first attempt.

Thanks

Judy

Does she understand that she won't get host benefits if she does a fundraiser?
Maybe she feels bad for you? and that is why she wants to do another show...

jj16 said:

This is the part I can't believe. She wants to try again. So she wants to try to do some kind of fundraiser for her daughter's school but YOU CAN BET I DIDN'T TRY TO SCHEDULE ANYTHING AT HER HOUSE. I suggested let's try to see if we could use the school facilities or somewhere we could fit a lot of people. She must really want something bad to be willing to try again.

So I don't really know what to propose to her but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'd love for her to be successful even though I felt the effort wasn't there on the first attempt.

Thanks

Judy

Does your state tax shipping for PC? It will say on the back of the receipt if you are allowed to tax shipping or not. I found that out about a year into the biz...I had been taxing shipping because of how it looked on the order form and then it was pointed out to me that my state of Ohio was one of the ones listed that shipping is not taxed. Boy, did I feel dumb! LOL

Just make sure she realizes that the only thing she gets is the host special with a fundraiser.

Thanks for pointing that out about the fundraiser - I didn't realize that. I do have an idea if she is really serious about hosting and earning product. I called around and found a place that will rent the facility for $25. My thinking was this. If she has 5 orders totaling at least $150 before the night of the party and has at least 20 confirmed guests. We do the show somewhere else and leave the husband and the kids at home.

Taxes - no Colorado isn't on the back of the receipt as one of the states already checked that but thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks

Judy

1. What is Hostd and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

Hostd is a web-based platform that allows independent consultants, like Pampered Chef consultants, to easily manage their business. It provides tools for booking parties, tracking orders, and managing customer information. Pampered Chef has partnered with Hostd to provide a seamless experience for our consultants.

2. How do I access Hostd as a Pampered Chef consultant?

You can access Hostd by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account on our website. Once logged in, you will see a link to Hostd in your dashboard. Simply click on the link to access the platform.

3. Do I have to pay to use Hostd as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, Hostd is free for all Pampered Chef consultants to use. It is a valuable tool that we provide to help you manage your business more efficiently.

4. Can I use Hostd on my mobile device?

Yes, Hostd is accessible on both desktop and mobile devices. You can access it through your web browser on your phone or tablet, or you can download the Hostd app from the App Store or Google Play Store.

5. Are there any tutorials or resources available to help me navigate Hostd?

Yes, there are several tutorials and resources available within Hostd to help you get started and answer any questions you may have. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef mentor or contact our support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • Jennifer E