1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I don't know what to think about hostd

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Okay so my show that I had last week totally fell on its face. Not even $150 it was $75 and the one guest that did show up had something come up and ended up not being able to order. I kind of knew that it would so I wasn't disappointed.

At first she wanted me to give her another week but I put the brakes on that one. I thought let's just get this over with. I told her I would put her guests on another order if she would like but I did stand my ground. Then her mom tried telling me that you can't tax shipping. I explained that to her and told her that if her mom still has questions have her call me.

This is the part I can't believe. She wants to try again. So she wants to try to do some kind of fundraiser for her daughter's school but YOU CAN BET I DIDN'T TRY TO SCHEDULE ANYTHING AT HER HOUSE. I suggested let's try to see if we could use the school facilities or somewhere we could fit a lot of people. She must really want something bad to be willing to try again.

So I don't really know what to propose to her but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'd love for her to be successful even though I felt the effort wasn't there on the first attempt.

Thanks

Judy

Mar 25, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Does she understand that she won't get host benefits if she does a fundraiser?
    Maybe she feels bad for you? and that is why she wants to do another show...

3. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Does your state tax shipping for PC? It will say on the back of the receipt if you are allowed to tax shipping or not. I found that out about a year into the biz...I had been taxing shipping because of how it looked on the order form and then it was pointed out to me that my state of Ohio was one of the ones listed that shipping is not taxed. Boy, did I feel dumb! LOL

Mar 26, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Just make sure she realizes that the only thing she gets is the host special with a fundraiser.

Mar 26, 2009
  5. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Thanks for pointing that out about the fundraiser - I didn't realize that. I do have an idea if she is really serious about hosting and earning product. I called around and found a place that will rent the facility for $25. My thinking was this. If she has 5 orders totaling at least $150 before the night of the party and has at least 20 confirmed guests. We do the show somewhere else and leave the husband and the kids at home.

Taxes - no Colorado isn't on the back of the receipt as one of the states already checked that but thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks

Judy

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?