• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Looking for a Pie Crust Shield

In summary, a pie crust shield is a specialized tool used to protect the edges of a pie crust from over-browning or burning during baking. It is typically made of heat-resistant material and is placed over the outer edge of the crust before baking. While it is possible to make your own shield, it is not recommended as store-bought shields are designed to fit different pie sizes and shapes. A pie crust shield is most commonly used for double crust pies, but can also be used for single crust pies to prevent burning. It is not necessary for pies with crumb or lattice toppings. To clean and store the shield, wash it with warm soapy water and store it in a cool, dry place.
starrmarie
I have a good customer that wants to buy a pie crust shield, and have it before Christmas. Online is says it usually takes 5 days (which would be before Christmas) but with Christmas so close I'm worried it will be longer. If someone has one and can ship it asap, I think it will get here faster. Please help!

Dang!:cry: Thanks everyone who took a look to see if you could help. I'm going to go ahead and order it, and hope she gets it in time. Thanks again!

They are currently shipping orders through the 14th. You never know, it might still make it.

Related to I Am Looking for a Pie Crust Shield

1. What is a pie crust shield?

A pie crust shield is a specialized tool used to protect the edges of a pie crust from over-browning or burning during baking. It is typically made of heat-resistant material, such as silicone or aluminum, and is designed to fit over the outer edge of a pie crust.

2. How do I use a pie crust shield?

To use a pie crust shield, simply place it over the edges of your pie crust before baking. Make sure the shield is securely pressed against the crust to prevent it from slipping during baking. Once the pie is finished baking, carefully remove the shield and continue to bake the pie until the crust is golden brown.

3. Can I make my own pie crust shield?

While it is possible to make your own pie crust shield using aluminum foil, it is not recommended. Store-bought pie crust shields are designed to fit a variety of pie sizes and shapes, and they are made from heat-resistant materials that can withstand high oven temperatures. Making your own shield may result in an ill-fitting or flimsy product that could potentially damage your pie crust or oven.

4. Do I need a pie crust shield for all types of pies?

A pie crust shield is most commonly used for double crust pies, such as apple or cherry pies, where the crust is exposed and prone to over-browning. However, it can also be used for single crust pies, such as pumpkin or custard pies, to prevent the edges from burning. It is not necessary for pies with crumb or lattice toppings.

5. How do I clean and store my pie crust shield?

To clean your pie crust shield, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. It is important to store the shield in a cool, dry place to prevent any warping or damage. It is also recommended to store it flat or hanging to maintain its shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies