• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It

In summary, this lady is doing a ticket game where they give out tickets for every question asked about their business. Whoever has the most tickets at the end wins a door prize.
PamperChefCarol
I don't do games. I hate games. I have made it a point to tell my hostesses that I don't do games, and so far they all seem pretty good with it.

Now, I believe that I have to embrace the ticket game. As much as it makes my skin crawl, I am just not getting the recruit leads that I want from my shows and everyone tells me this is the way to do it. So starting tomorrow, I am now Ticket Lady Carol and will embrace the ticket game. I can't believe I am saying this. And there's more, I am even going to start using name tags. Once again, I can't believe it!!

Everyone, wish me luck. Keep me in your thoughts as I go over to the "game" side.

Good luck, I too need to get my big girl panties on and just do it.

Please let us know how it goes. I don't have a live show until the 25th so I'm sure you'll probably have the chance to try it out before me and let me know how it works.

It is scary - but as Nancy Jo said - embrace the fear of change and look at how exciting and good it can be!!

PamperChefCarol said:
I don't do games. I hate games. I have made it a point to tell my hostesses that I don't do games, and so far they all seem pretty good with it.

Now, I believe that I have to embrace the ticket game. As much as it makes my skin crawl, I am just not getting the recruit leads that I want from my shows and everyone tells me this is the way to do it. So starting tomorrow, I am now Ticket Lady Carol and will embrace the ticket game. I can't believe I am saying this. And there's more, I am even going to start using name tags. Once again, I can't believe it!!

Everyone, wish me luck. Keep me in your thoughts as I go over to the "game" side.

I'm terrified to play the ticket game, for fear of talking too much when they ask a question, giving too much details, or just saying the wrong thing. I think I need to practice this with someone. :D

Love to hear how it goes, as I am considering playing it at my Host/Customer Appreciation evening on Jan 28th. Good luck!!!

I too am going to be embracing the ticket game at my shows...Biggest tip from my ED do not use I statements--use you statements so that people can imagine the business fitting in their own lives.

I do a ticket game, but not for recruiting. I give everyone a ticket when they come in and then if they give a good tip or come up and try a tool they get more tickets. I then do a drawing for a door prize at the end of the show. It really works to get people involved because even if they don't want to come up they love to give tips on the tools. They are selling instead of me:)!

I am going to try the "Ask Me Anything" game at my Shows from now on. I am not typically a fan of games though either....

Just don't look at it as a game. Just think about it being a recruiting or booking tool. Its a wonderful way to get a feel for people and what they are interested in.

I hope this isn't a dumb question. But is this the "game" where you award a ticket for every question w/in like 3-5 min that is asked about your business?

I think I need to try that as well...(if that is what is being talked about).

Yes, what I am trying (now called the ticket activity so that I don't totally gag over it!!) is you have a set number of minutes and for every question about your business, they get a ticket. At the end, the highest # gets a choice of a bag. Inside the bag, a small gift, i.e. Citrus peeler, quick cut, etc. Some do an auction, but that would really push me over the edge.

I have a show Wed, then shows on Sunday, Monday, Thurs, Fri and 2 on Sat. I am committed to trying this out for the duration of Jan. Wish me luck, and keep your fingers crossed that I can keep my lunch down while I am doing this!

I just followed the link. Great post!

I like the idea of combining for bookings/recruiting. I'm trying this too; along with the bookings slide. Hopefully it won't be too much!

Carol - remember what they said at conference - don't say "game" say.....oh I forgot....it's in my notes at home...and of course, I'm at the office. I'll e-mail you tonight (although I know it won't help for tonight's show).

I know you can do it!!! Call me after your show.

If you don't want to be the "ticket lady", you can always do a pass the product during those minutes...whoever asks the last question & is holding the product gets to keep it...works just as well!

lacychef said:
I like the idea of combining for bookings/recruiting. I'm trying this too; along with the bookings slide. Hopefully it won't be too much!

I printed out the booking slide and on the back of those slides made a "recruiting slide" so one side is blue and the other is green so I can go over both benefits right at my show and not forget to cover anything. If you laminate them together, you only have 1 slide to carry around.

I do a little variation between the ticket game and pass the product. I call it Who's Left Holding the Bag. I have a gift bag with citrus peelers, mini-whippers, sbs, etc. They ask a question and pass the bag around, and the last person gets to pick a gift. You would not believe how competetive some groups get--they have a blast. And then there are other groups that only ask a few questions. If they don't want to get started, I lean over to the person closest to me and act like I'm talking out of the side of my mouth and say "Ask me how much it costs to get started." THey all laugh, and she askes me that question, and they're off. I always make sure, no matter how many or how few questions that they know the cost, how to qualify, commission and rewards. I do the booking slide at the beginning, and this while the recipe is baking or right after everyone starts to eat. It's been great for me--it makes me comfortable sharing the business, most groups have fun with it, and it's gotten me several recruits and lots of leads.

My hardest part is sharing the business. Why? I don't know. Maybe just because I haven't been doing it very long and I am scared of rejection. I know that they are rejecting me, just the business. I know everyone is out to make money though. Any easy tips?

JBigler said:
I printed out the booking slide and on the back of those slides made a "recruiting slide" so one side is blue and the other is green so I can go over both benefits right at my show and not forget to cover anything. If you laminate them together, you only have 1 slide to carry around.

I'm curious as to what you put on the recruiting slide? Would you mind sharing it? :)

Reporting back in...

Did the ticket thing, not 1 recruiting lead, but did get two bookings. Most everyone there was a Mary Kay lady, so even thought I asked everyone, they all said no to a second direct sales job. One lady told me that she could never do what I do. I had to laugh, a trained monkey can do what I do, and probably better! My director called after my show to check in, and told me that when I get "I could never do what you do" again (and I get that a lot) I should ask what do I do that they feel they couldn't.

Anyway, two bookings and on to the next show on Monday.

I was curious as to how it went - thanks for posting the update and great job on getting the 2 bookings. Was it akward? Did people have fun and get into it? Great job on stepping outside your comfort zone. Are you going to keep doing it??

Susan

Carol.....you have to change your promote by December. I thought we were doing it no later than May 1

ltkacz said:
Carol.....you have to change your promote by December. I thought we were doing it no later than May 1

Yes, Liz, you are right. But December just makes me feel less stressed! You know me, up to now, I haven't been able to recruit to save my life!!!!!!

lacychef said:

I would love to know what your recruit slide says... :)

JBigler said:

Can you share what it says?

Related to I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It

1. What is "I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It"?

"I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features healthy and easy recipes for busy individuals.

2. Who wrote "I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It"?

The cookbook was written by Pampered Chef's executive chef, Tim Hagedorn, with contributions from various home cooks and consultants.

3. Are the recipes in "I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It" suitable for special diets?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options.

4. Can I purchase "I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It" online?

Yes, the cookbook is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant's online store.

5. Are there any cooking tools or products recommended for use with the recipes in "I Am Biting the Bullet and Doing It"?

While the recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools, the cookbook does feature some Pampered Chef products that can make cooking easier and more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • afwife98439
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • photochef