• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Going to Try the Sealed Envelope Game

In summary, this woman is trying to find a way to get booked at her next show. She offers 10% of what the customer orders if they book with her. She also offers a host special in July. She recommends staying in touch with guests from her two shows, asking them questions about their experience, and letting them know about the host special. If the guest is not interested, she asks if they would like to receive a new catalog when they come out in September.
Tonimabbott
I am going to try this game at my next show. I am just getting started and have done just two shows but not a single booking. I need to do whatever I can! I even offered 10% back on what they ordered that day if they booked with me and had no takers.

Host coach your hosts with the DoYouLoveABargain flyer. It's easier for the host to talk her friends into hosting and doing HER a favor by earning her the upcoming specials than it is for you to talk them into doing it.

I did a search but couldn't find what the sealed envelope game is.. Could you please give details? I'm intrigued

Are you using your bookings slide? There are also "booking seeds" handouts on the online training center. Before I was a consultant, I was at a Pc party and they played that game. I left feeling very manipulated. Now as a consultant, I work at making hosting a show an irresistible offer. I generally get 2-4 bookings a show. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Me too! No games for bookings! PC has enough stuff to make anyone want to host a show....keep moving...I get 2-4...sometimes none...I just keep MOVING!

Tonimabbott said:
I am going to try this game at my next show. I am just getting started and have done just two shows but not a single booking. I need to do whatever I can! I even offered 10% back on what they ordered that day if they booked with me and had no takers.

Keep in touch with ALL your guests from your two shows. Ask them how they like their products, if there were other products they were interested in, and if they'd like to get them for free. Let them know about the awesome host special in July!
IF they're not interested, ask if they'd like to receive a new catalog when they come out in September. It might be a better time for them to have a show!

pchockeymom said:
I did a search but couldn't find what the sealed envelope game is.. Could you please give details? I'm intrigued

Not sure if this is the same, but we have a D in the area who does this: He has 10 envelopes, and in nine of the envelopes he has a slip of paper for either a RUFTH trivet and a rub, and in one the DCB. If someone books a show, he will have them sign their name across the seal of the envelope. Then, at that host's show, he will open the envelope, and she gets whatever is inside. The signature shows that he didn't swap the envelopes, but he keeps it so that the host doesn't know what she gets until her show.

This particular D spends A LOT of money on gifts for hosts and recruits, but he also has a very successful business.

NooraK said:
Not sure if this is the same, but we have a D in the area who does this: He has 10 envelopes, and in nine of the envelopes he has a slip of paper for either a RUFTH trivet and a rub, and in one the DCB. If someone books a show, he will have them sign their name across the seal of the envelope. Then, at that host's show, he will open the envelope, and she gets whatever is inside. The signature shows that he didn't swap the envelopes, but he keeps it so that the host doesn't know what she gets until her show.

This particular D spends A LOT of money on gifts for hosts and recruits, but he also has a very successful business.

I've been wanting to try this game as well, but I'm not sure how to implement it and where to fit it into my show... and even if it will work. My main feeling is that people stink and won't hold up to their end of the bargain.

NooraK said:

Now, I like the ideas of RUFH trivet or whatever it is as a sealed envelope idea... hmmmm.... may try that for one month and see what happens. Great way to promote RUFH!!

I was at a party (not PC) where a consultant said we would all win an item (a bracelet in this case) for taking an envelope. Then she explained, "when I come to your house you will get it.." and then asked all of us in front of each other what date we would like our show. If we didn't commit, she made us hand back the envelope, and you couldn't just do it gracefully.. she said, "are you sure? what a shame.." etc etc. It was EXTREMELY embarrassing, in fact I had gone in to the party with the intention of booking a show because I wanted to get some host benefits.. but when I saw her do this I thought, I don't want her doing this to my friends!! So I bought very little and didn't book.Just be careful, if you are doing something like this, to make sure people don't feel uncomfortable :)

msmileyface said:
I was at a party (not PC) where a consultant said we would all win an item (a bracelet in this case) for taking an envelope. Then she explained, "when I come to your house you will get it.." and then asked all of us in front of each other what date we would like our show. If we didn't commit, she made us hand back the envelope, and you couldn't just do it gracefully.. she said, "are you sure? what a shame.." etc etc.

It was EXTREMELY embarrassing, in fact I had gone in to the party with the intention of booking a show because I wanted to get some host benefits.. but when I saw her do this I thought, I don't want her doing this to my friends!! So I bought very little and didn't book.

Just be careful, if you are doing something like this, to make sure people don't feel uncomfortable :)

I agree, that would be embarrassing and uncomfortable.

From what I've heard, the D that I heard about this, does it after he does his booking slide, or at some other point toward the end of his show when he's done with his bookin bit. He doesn't give them out to everyone, he just holds them up, they're numbered 1-10. He lets everyone know that when you book a show, this is what you get.

I'm not sure if he actually hands them out then and there to those who are interested, but I know he also has them at his Full Service Check Out, and will ask everyone if they want to book a party and get an envelope.

vanscootin said:
I've been wanting to try this game as well, but I'm not sure how to implement it and where to fit it into my show... and even if it will work. My main feeling is that people stink and won't hold up to their end of the bargain.

The best part is, if they don't hold up their end (keep their date), you're only out an envelope and a slip of paper. They don't get the prize unless they host the show (because you don't open it until you're at their show), and then you add it to their host order so you get the discount on it. And you can keep reminding them of it when you host coach: "Oh, and I still have your envelope here with me, I'm so excited to see what you'll get!"

msmileyface said:
I was at a party (not PC) where a consultant said we would all win an item (a bracelet in this case) for taking an envelope. Then she explained, "when I come to your house you will get it.." and then asked all of us in front of each other what date we would like our show. If we didn't commit, she made us hand back the envelope, and you couldn't just do it gracefully.. she said, "are you sure? what a shame.." etc etc.

It was EXTREMELY embarrassing, in fact I had gone in to the party with the intention of booking a show because I wanted to get some host benefits.. but when I saw her do this I thought, I don't want her doing this to my friends!! So I bought very little and didn't book.

Just be careful, if you are doing something like this, to make sure people don't feel uncomfortable :)

Agreed! I think you need to state "For those of you today/tonight wanting to host a get-together with your friends and family with me, I am offering a FREE mystery item to be awarded when you have your show! Who wants to know what they are? When we meet at my full-service checkout, claim your date and your mystery item!" something along those lines

I've done the envelope game before with much success. It works best when you have a larger crowd. I have a main prize (maybe a mix n' chop or a box of bread mix--whatever you have on hand). You give them 2 dice and they get to roll the dice. They then get an envelope with the # on it that they roll. You tell them before they roll that they must be willing to hold a show, if they are not willing then DO NOT roll. Envelopes have win a free show, win grand prize, win a prize. I've only had 1 show not hold.

I think it is all in how you present it. I'm laid back no pressure so that's how it is for those in attendance. We open the envelopes all at the same time and I have them read what they got to everyone. BUT, before they open I ask one more time does anyone want to give me back their envelope or anyone now want to play.

I think it gets those who are on the fence about booking to come to the other side.

Instructions:
PAYDAY Game (Trick or Treat Game---Gift Game)
Should follow “stack the host” where ‘Jen’ was the pretend hostess and had the items placed on her lap, that a typical host earns ($450 show average or yours if higher)or after booking slide.

You need:
-a pair of regular dice, numbers 1-6
-11 index cards
-11 “privacy” envelopes
-11 bags (lunch bag or cloth drawstring bag) with inexpensive prizes – for us, citrus peeler or scraper with a couple Hershey’s kisses, or a Payday candy bar in each)
-1 Grand prize (medium cutting board with quickut paring knife, or medium bar pan with mini serving spatula or pair of micro cookers PLUS a current or recent Season’s Best) unwrapped, but covered with a draped cloth at the front

Setup:
- Number envelopes 2 to 12
- One card, write Payday! Grand Prize and place in envelope 2
- 4 cards, write Payday! Win a Prize and place in envelopes 3, 4,5,12
- 6 cards, write Payday! Choose a Show date and place in envelopes 6, 7,8,9,10,11

Intro:
“Is everyone having a good time tonight? OK! It’s time for us to really have some fun! My customers always love this part of my show! Missy, would you hold these dice for me? (Important to put them in someone’s hand) We’re going to play a really fun game, it’s a game of chance called “Payday”.

‘It works like this: I have 11 pay envelopes in my hand. Inside each is a “paycheck”. All of the cards say “Payday” on them, some say Win a Prize, some say Choose a Show date, and one says Grand Prize. Tonight the grand prize is (reveal). If you choose to play Payday, you roll the dice and whatever number you roll, I’ll give you the corresponding envelope. Don’t open it until the end. Together you’ll all open your envelopes and see what you won, and you’ll all be winners! You will either win a prize – or the opportunity to choose a cooking show date to get you everything that Jen, our pretend hostess, had in her arms – or the Grand Prize.

‘Now here are the rules: If you win a prize, you have to take the prize. If you win the Grand Prize, you have to take the grand prize, and if you win Choose a Show date, you have to book a show. So Missy, do you want to start us off?”

You want to have the dice in someone’s hand and invite them to play. (Like asking for the sale or asking someone to book or to the opportunity! Do NOT ask “who wants to play” because no one will) Then after Missy plays, go to the next person and say, ‘Sarah do you want to play?’ then after everyone has played, you can add a Payday Bonus –

Payday Bonus – Before you open your envelope, I have another chance for you! If you choose to book a show before you open your envelope, you can have the Grand Prize for sure, once your show is held—plus whatever is in your envelope! Now that’s a payday with a bonus!!

ChefCKHall said:
Agreed! I think you need to state "For those of you today/tonight wanting to host a get-together with your friends and family with me, I am offering a FREE mystery item to be awarded when you have your show! Who wants to know what they are? When we meet at my full-service checkout, claim your date and your mystery item!" something along those lines

With the version I'm referring to, the guests know there are 9 RUFTH trivets & one DCB. They just don't know which envelope the DCB Is in.

wow, deep coverd baker, nice gift!!!

that payday game sounds like it would be expensive. You do give everyone a gift that opens an envelope, even if they don't host a show????

NooraK said:

Shoot...now, with things like the MFP or something more mid-range, you could do THAT instead (or after conference- whatever the hot new stone or item is). Still be a really nice gift but not a fortune! I'm sure by adding it to a host's benefits, it's greatly reduced. The DCB would be a bit much for me to try going forward from where I am now.

But if you picked a $50 item- after the host discount of 15% (worse-case scenario, minimum show) and then your commission back later, you spend $34 on that $50 item. If you factor the commission for the ENTIRE $150 show, you almost break even, but make some new contacts- hopefully book a show. So it's a gamble! Just thinking out loud. I like the idea. Simple and easy to remember (the envelopes)....and I definitely agree with not pressuring or cornering guests. I hate that when done to me. The dice game, I played that once at a cluster meeting...I could never remember that. ;)

NooraK, is there a minimum sales amount when the shows are held?

I don't remember if he has a minimum show amount. He has a great show average, though, he knows how to keep his hosts excited.oh, and when I first heard about it, he'd been doing it for a couple of months and only given away one DCB. There's only a 10% chance at any show that anyone will pick THAT envelope, and he replenishes them so there are always 10.

I've done this before - I called it Deal or No Deal. It was the same concept only I created cute stickers that looked like the Deal or No Deal briefcases. I didn't do anything large, usually it was a new item (or popular item under $10). I would pass them out after I got done talking about the host benefits but wait until check out to ask them if they wanted to "take the deal". This way there was no pressure from anyone else. I've been to shows before where they ask you in front of everybody similar to what was mentioned above and it's too much pressure and very weird. I haven't done this in a while though, like everybody else said PC offers great host benefits, you just have to talk them up on it!

Deep covered baker? That does seem like a pricey gift, even if a show does hold, it's a $85 purchase. Even using the host's discount, that's a LOT of money to put out!

So I'm thinking of modifying it, saying it COULD be a Deep Covered Baker, a Triffle Bowl, a Round Up from the Heart Trivet or another item valued at $10. None of them would be a DCB but one would be a Trifle Bowl, which I purchased when they were on sale so I have it on hand. I'd rather give something of that value away than a DCB.

Tonimabbott said:

There is a post in the Bookings thread about having your host wear leis at her show and ask her friends if they will book a show, in turn giving them a lei. I have had good very good results using that idea. People won't say "no" to their friends as often as they will say no to me. You might give it a try. I got leis at the dollar store so it was not an expensive thing to try.

1. What is the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The "Sealed Envelope Game" is a fun and interactive party game where guests have the chance to win prizes by correctly guessing the contents of a sealed envelope.

2. How do I play the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

To play the game, each guest must purchase a sealed envelope from the host. Inside the envelope, there will be a slip of paper with a number on it. The guest must then choose a corresponding item from the Pampered Chef catalog. If their chosen item matches the item inside the sealed envelope, they win a prize!

3. How much does it cost to play the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The cost to play the game will vary depending on the host, but typically each sealed envelope will cost anywhere from $1 to $5. All proceeds from the game go towards the host's chosen charity or organization.

4. What kind of prizes can I win from the "Sealed Envelope Game"?

The prizes for the game can also vary, but they are typically small kitchen gadgets or products from the Pampered Chef catalog. Some hosts may also offer larger prizes for certain numbers or for multiple winners.

5. Can I play the "Sealed Envelope Game" even if I don't want to purchase anything from the catalog?

Yes, you can still participate in the game without purchasing anything from the catalog. Simply purchase a sealed envelope and choose a corresponding number, and if you guess correctly, you will still win a prize!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg