• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Hwc Reward/Bra Strap What's the Difference?

In summary, a conversation took place regarding a misunderstanding about using lanyards as a reward. One person made a comment about using a lanyard as a bra, which was meant as a joke, but was taken seriously by another member. This led to a heated exchange with some members defending the rules and others sympathizing with the person who made the comment. The conversation ended with a member suggesting sending lanyards to someone with larger breasts and another member defending the group's responses. In summary, the conversation involved a misunderstanding about lanyards and some heated exchanges between members.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I would wear a pink lanyard as a reward, but not as a bra. :D

Obviously I was out during the fun and missed the exchange. ...got quoted with the rest of you for doing what's best, but obviously someone doesn't read dates/times or understand the biz. DEFINITELY doesn't understand lanyards...

CS is a great place, those who don't like it are those who have other issues. Cheaters never prosper and if you have to constantly defend what you do, obviously you need to look and see what you are doing wrong.

So, move on, nothing to see here... ;)

Except, thanks Greg for what you do here...

LOL Janet!!
I second that CS is a wonderful place!!!

what did I miss?

amy07 said:
what did I miss?

Nothing to worry about, just a riled up person misquoting a few people and mixing up a lanyard as a bad bra strap. Which, in my stressed out flurry of activities this week struck me as quite funny and couldn't resist commenting on that. I guess one of our members is more endowed than we thought if she needs a 2" wide bra strap! :)

I thought that was hilarious!

Interesting to note the one person who has been a CS member who is sympathizing, also...:rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Nothing to worry about, just a riled up person misquoting a few people and mixing up a lanyard as a bad bra strap. Which, in my stressed out flurry of activities this week struck me as quite funny and couldn't resist commenting on that. I guess one of our members is more endowed than we thought if she needs a 2" wide bra strap! :)

my back hurts thinking about it!!! OMG!!! :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought that was hilarious!

Interesting to note the one person who has been a CS member who is sympathizing, also...:rolleyes:

I noticed that too.....

I'm chuckling too...actually a lanyard isn't THAT wide, but they are usually an inch and definitely thicker than a bra strap!Maybe we should send some HWC lanyards off to that lady with the 38 triple K's...

janetupnorth said:
I would wear a pink lanyard as a reward, but not as a bra. :D

Let me go on record here in saying that I would do the same, although, the places I would wear the lanyard are also limited.

Oh goodness it seems I have missed something again! Sounds funny though :)

You know, to be honest guys, I think she has a little bit of a point. Not that I condone any violations, especially once they've been done, but I have to admit that seeing some of the comments that she's posted (and yes, I did read the original thread), some of them are pretty childish, petty and nasty, and IMO just unnecessary... It seems to me that she did respond and try to put her site out of violation, and it is bit sad to me, this to see the vitriol aimed at this one person. Honestly, her responses to the posts actually seem pretty straighforward and reasonable to me... And again, IMO, I think to anyone "out there" reading them, alot of you come off WAY worse than she does... Just think about how you may have come off to the many people who visit this site but aren't regular posters... I would be pretty turned off by some of the nastiness. And reading the string of comments left on her site, I honestly agree with most of them...

Aren't there worse things out there to get upset about. I guess we need to remember that there is a real person out there, and treat her like a human being, like you would if you saw her in person.

Again, all of this is just my opinion...

Last edited:
Annie - I'm not defending us (we probably did get a little too carried away). But our comments were made AFTER she was informed of the rules and AFTER she started getting nasty herself (that's what riled us up - her blatent flaunting of her perception of the rules and what she thought they should be)...she failed to mention that in her postings.

AnnieBee said:
You know, to be honest guys, I think she has a little bit of a point. Not that I condone any violations, especially once they've been done, but I have to admit that seeing some of the comments that she's posted (and yes, I did read the original thread), some of them are pretty nasty, and IMO just unnecessary... It seems to me that she did respond and try to put her site out of violation, and it is bit sad to me, this to see the vitriol aimed at this one person. Honestly, her responses to the posts actually seem pretty straighforward and reasonable to me... And again, IMO, I think to anyone "out there" reading them, alot of you come off WAY worse than she does... Just think about how you may have come off to the many people who visit this site but aren't regular posters... I would be pretty turned off by some of the nastiness. And reading the string of comments left on her site, I honestly agree with most of them...

Aren't there worse things out there to get upset about. I guess we need to remember that there is a real person out there, and treat her like a human being, like you would if you saw her in person.

Again, all of this is just my opinion...

You shouldda been here a couple of years ago.

That was bad...seriously, I created this just to joke about lanyards and bra straps not to get back into whatever transpired on that thread. I stayed away from it 99% of the time and STILL got quoted! But I standby what I said...let HO deal with it. That's what they are their for. I'd rather have them address me than another consultant I don't know. I don't condone nasty either way.So, back to joking or I'll just lock this thread...no need to revisit the issue.

pamperedlinda said:
Annie - I'm not defending us (we probably did get a little too carried away). But our comments were made AFTER she was informed of the rules and AFTER she started getting nasty herself (that's what riled us up - her blatent flaunting of her perception of the rules and what she thought they should be)...she failed to mention that in her postings.

But I don't see what wrong with her saying how she interpreted the rules, when in the end after it was pointed out clearly the violations she put everything in compliance.

Anyway, my point was, alot of people from here came off looking way worse than her, and I think it is worth everyone taking a look at themselves...

And honestly, if anyone of you feels at all bad/regrets their comments, I would suggest contacting her with an apology. It never hurts to be the bigger person...

I know not everyone here thinks this way, and yes, it's almost a cliche, but WWJD?

And sorry Janet, I felt this was all important to say. I don't/didn't feel that I can just let the comments go without saying how they made me feel.

janetupnorth said:
So, back to joking or I'll just lock this thread...no need to revisit the issue.
Good. I don't want anyone thinking I'd ever wear a bra. (Well, I suppose I could turn it around and use it to hold up my shoulder blades.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Good. I don't want anyone thinking I'd ever wear a bra. (Well, I suppose I could turn it around and use it to hold up my shoulder blades.)

Thanks for the laugh - again!

A pink jock strap...now that's a site...

A thong, well that would be wrong...

But heh, if Annie's husband can wear a bra to NASA, why can't you wear one to NC?

The pink shirt is bad enough, thanks.If a guy has a pink jock, it's because he tossed it into the wash with his Wisconsin sweatshirt.

AnnieBee said:
But I don't see what wrong with her saying how she interpreted the rules, when in the end after it was pointed out clearly the violations she put everything in compliance.

Anyway, my point was, alot of people from here came off looking way worse than her, and I think it is worth everyone taking a look at themselves...

And honestly, if anyone of you feels at all bad/regrets their comments, I would suggest contacting her with an apology. It never hurts to be the bigger person...

I know not everyone here thinks this way, and yes, it's almost a cliche, but WWJD?

And sorry Janet, I felt this was all important to say. I don't/didn't feel that I can just let the comments go without saying how they made me feel.

I'd deal with a short diversion - just don't want the thread to about it since Greg locked the other for a reason.

I think Linda's concern was that she was quoting all, misinterpreting many and pasted them in a progression SHE chose. Times and dates were stated in comparison to when she did things. Most were right during the time when she was flaming PC on that blog. She then turned nice and "whoa is me" and corrected some. There are 3 sides to every story and the readers won't see that. It tries to make CS and Greg look bad when it shouldn't.

She has a right to free-speech but quoted a lot of "well-intended" posts wrong and attacked people who had the best intentions and weren't being mean.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The pink shirt is bad enough, thanks.

If a guy has a pink jock, it's because he tossed it into the wash with his Wisconsin sweatshirt.

Toss it in with a GB one and you'll be ready for St. Patrick's Day.

Didn't you have a nice pink hat too?

janetupnorth said:
Thanks for the laugh - again!

A pink jock strap...now that's a site...

A thong, well that would be wrong...

But heh, if Annie's husband can wear a bra to NASA, why can't you wear one to NC?

Great, now I'm picturing the backwards thong again. :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
I'd deal with a short diversion - just don't want the thread to about it since Greg locked the other for a reason.

I think Linda's concern was that she was quoting all, misinterpreting many and pasted them in a progression SHE chose. Times and dates were stated in comparison to when she did things. Most were right during the time when she was flaming PC on that blog. She then turned nice and "whoa is me" and corrected some. There are 3 sides to every story and the readers won't see that. It tries to make CS and Greg look bad when it shouldn't.

She has a right to free-speech but quoted a lot of "well-intended" posts wrong and attacked people who had the best intentions and weren't being mean.

yes Jant, thanks for explaining that. She also took many things out of context - makes them look worse when you only choose the few words that fit your arguement instead of the entire paragraph or sentance.....this reminds me of a church I went to ONCE! They were jumping all over the Bible and taking parts of verses out of context...it was a very different kind of service. I won't go details about it here as it might offend some - I'll just leave it at "it was way too religiously aggresive for me".

janetupnorth said:
Toss it in with a GB one and you'll be ready for St. Patrick's Day.Didn't you have a nice pink hat too?
I can't because I wear orange on St. Paddy's. Besides, green and pink might be repulsive.Yes, I have a pink HWC hat, too.

raebates said:
Great, now I'm picturing the backwards thong again. :yuck:

The betht thing to do with a thong is to thing it.

I'm old enough to remember when thongs were what you wore on your feet and underwear covered your whole behind.

You never had to call a plumber at your house, either?

When my sister was in her first year at college, my parents took my grandma for a visit. As they were walking down the hallway, my grandma commented on how many girls took their thongs off at the door. After everyone got done laughing, they had to explain to grandma that they are now called flipflops and that thongs were the dental floss panties.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I can't because I wear orange on St. Paddy's. Besides, green and pink might be repulsive.Yes, I have a pink HWC hat, too.
Why is it not surprising you wear ORANGE on St. Patrick's day?! :pAs far as the thongs... just for clarification... G-strings are the dental floss ones, thongs tend to be about an inch or more wide in the back ;) lol

Last edited:
lol you are right... grandma doesn't know the difference though, they are all dental floss panties to her.

pampermejolene said:
Why is it not surprising you wear ORANGE on St. Patrick's day?! :p

As far as the thongs... just for clarification... G-strings are the dental floss ones, thongs tend to be about an inch or more wide in the back ;) lol

I dated a green Irish girl in high school, I didn't dare let her family know I was orange. I don't think she even knew it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You never had to call a plumber at your house, either?

I'm not quite that old. :rolleyes:

1. What is the difference between "Hwc Reward" and "Bra Strap"?

"Hwc Reward" refers to a reward given out by the Hwc (Health and Wellness Center) for participating in healthy activities or achieving fitness goals. "Bra Strap" is a type of strap used to support and hold up a bra.

2. Why would you wear a pink lanyard as a reward, but not as a bra?

A pink lanyard is often used as a symbol for breast cancer awareness and wearing it as a reward shows support for the cause. However, it may not be comfortable or practical to wear as a bra due to its material and design.

3. What does it mean to be "quoted" in this context?

To be "quoted" means that your comment or statement has been copied and shared by someone else, usually in a public forum or discussion.

4. Why do some people not like CS (Customer Service)?

Some people may not like customer service if they have had a negative experience or if they feel their concerns are not being addressed properly. It could also be due to a lack of understanding about the purpose and role of customer service.

5. What does it mean to say "cheaters never prosper" in this context?

In this context, it means that those who try to cheat or deceive others will ultimately not succeed or benefit in the long run. It could be referring to individuals who try to cheat the system or take advantage of others in the business world.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
Admin Greg