• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HWC Apron: Can Coordinator Earn it? Let's Ask CS!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a newswire clarification that a coordinator of a fundraiser cannot earn the HWC apron. The hosts who do HWC fundraisers instead of cooking shows are the ones who would love to have the apron. One person sent a note asking HO to reconsider, stating that the person who has a passion for the cause would deserve the apron the most. Others agree and are sending emails to HO. They have received a response stating that the apron is a bonus for hosts of $550 or more shows, but it does not address the request to allow fundraiser chairpersons to earn the apron. The conversation ends with a suggestion to email Kristin Chin at HO and make the point that the apron is not
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Did you notice the clarification in the newswire that a coordinator of a fundraiser can not get the apron? I know several people who do HWC fundraisers instead of a cooking show to give more to the ACS. These are EXACTLY the hosts who would love to have the apron.

It makes no sense to me. I sent a note to CS asking them to reconsider. I said:
HWC apron - I really wish that you would allow the coordinator of a fundraiser to earn the apron - tell them $700 if you must - often a person who has a passion for the cause will forgo her show benefits to give more money to the ACS and that is just the person who would want and would deserve the apron the most. Please reconsider this - we'd love to share that revision with our May fundraising hosts. Even if the coordinator didn't want it they could give it to the top seller or do a drawing for it from among the top purchasers. It could be huge!

I am really glad you did that. I totally agree with you.

I totally agree as well!

If you agree PLEASE send a note to HO requesting it. They won't listen to me but if enough of us ask...

I agree with you 100%, Beth. It is crazy that HWC FR hosts aren't eligible.
To whom did you send your email?

Oh duh. LOL. Thanks Beth! :D

done! :):)

Excellent point....on my way to submit my 2 cents. Thanks for taking the time!

Sent an email in! :)

Just sent mine as well!!!

So i got a reply today.....here's the email:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef.
Just like a regular fundraiser, the host benefits associated with the guest
sales are provided in the form of a donation. In May, the Help Whip Cancer Apron
is a bonus given to hosts of $550 or more Shows (Cooking Catalog and Wedding)
where product is the host rewards. Please remember that the up to 25% donation
based on guest sales paid to American Cancer Society for May fundraisers is not
being provided to those Shows were product is being rewarded.” I know you find
this as rewarding. In addition to the cash donation we can offer the Fundraiser
Chair one Host Special item at 60% off as a thank you.”

Jill Ungaro
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Umm....I understand the diff between host rewards vs fundraisers.....it does not address my request that they allow FR chairperson get an apron. It does not address why I think the apron would be a big motivator for many to host a FR, nor any of the other points I made.....sigh....guess I need to revamp the email and try again.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
So i got a reply today.....here's the email:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef.
Just like a regular fundraiser, the host benefits associated with the guest
sales are provided in the form of a donation. In May, the Help Whip Cancer Apron
is a bonus given to hosts of $550 or more Shows (Cooking Catalog and Wedding)
where product is the host rewards. Please remember that the up to 25% donation
based on guest sales paid to American Cancer Society for May fundraisers is not
being provided to those Shows were product is being rewarded.” I know you find
this as rewarding. In addition to the cash donation we can offer the Fundraiser
Chair one Host Special item at 60% off as a thank you.”

Jill Ungaro
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Umm....I understand the diff between host rewards vs fundraisers.....it does not address my request that they allow FR chairperson get an apron. It does not address why I think the apron would be a big motivator for many to host a FR, nor any of the other points I made.....sigh....guess I need to revamp the email and try again.

Makes you wonder if they read past the first line. I've had the same kind of response on several things. The good thing is now you have a person to email back and stress your point to. Even then though they usually just repeat the line. Ask her to forward it to someone who makes this kind of decision...

*** I was advised by a fellow consultant who is a major HWC supporter to send my email to:

[email protected]

Make a point that the apron is not a "normal" host benefit and it seems that they are taking more away from a potential fundraiser host.

The same thing happened last year where May hosts could earn the picture frame/recipe holder free with shows over $500. Fundraisers were excluded from that too - and HO didn't budge on it. I think it's wrong.

Yes, sometimes I think that they are quick to reply without reading the whole email. As you stated, now there's a contact. I think I'll see the email contact you shared, Sue. I'll be sure to also point out that it's a bonus, and not the standard host benefit...as mentioned by Kate.

Let's hope the outcome isn't the same as last year Linda.

Thanks guys....fingers and toes crossed. ;D

:mad:Just received a respponse:
It is only 8:55am and it is way too early to be feeling this angry.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your email and feedback. Just like a regular fundraiser, the host benefits associated with the guest sales are provided in the form of a donation. Please remember that the up to 25% donation based on guest sales paid to American Cancer Society for May fundraisers is not being provided to those Shows where product is being rewarded. It’s one or the other. I know you can understand that we can’t give both the Host Rewards and the donation. Organizations host a fundraiser in May because they want all their benefits to go to American Cancer Society. In addition to the cash donation we can offer the Fundraiser Chair one Host Special item at 60% off as a thank you.

Kristin Chin

SusanBP0129 said:
:mad:Just received a respponse:
It is only 8:55am and it is way too early to be feeling this angry.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your email and feedback. Just like a regular fundraiser, the host benefits associated with the guest sales are provided in the form of a donation. Please remember that the up to 25% donation based on guest sales paid to American Cancer Society for May fundraisers is not being provided to those Shows where product is being rewarded. It’s one or the other. I know you can understand that we can’t give both the Host Rewards and the donation. Organizations host a fundraiser in May because they want all their benefits to go to American Cancer Society. In addition to the cash donation we can offer the Fundraiser Chair one Host Special item at 60% off as a thank you.

Kristin Chin

It's amazing that they just can't get the point! They see a key word and respond with their canned answer.:mad::yuck::rolleyes:

So, just do all your fundraisers as cooking shows and donate your commission. You're already losing around half of it without getting the tax write-off - don't get me started on that one!!!Someone on CS posted a question about a "different kind of fundraiser" or something along those lines. Basically what you do is use the host benefits towards some of the purchases and the balance of the money is what is donated - and it is usually around 25%. I haven't looked into it, so try it for yourself and see what happens. That way the host gets the apron and the host special and the organization (of their choice - ie. relay for life) gets the cash. And, you get all your commission and/or can donate some or all of it.

cmdtrgd said:
So, just do all your fundraisers as cooking shows and donate your commission. You're already losing around half of it without getting the tax write-off - don't get me started on that one!!!

Someone on CS posted a question about a "different kind of fundraiser" or something along those lines. Basically what you do is use the host benefits towards some of the purchases and the balance of the money is what is donated - and it is usually around 25%. I haven't looked into it, so try it for yourself and see what happens. That way the host gets the apron and the host special and the organization (of their choice - ie. relay for life) gets the cash. And, you get all your commission and/or can donate some or all of it.

I'd be careful with this. It's when we get creative that we get in trouble. Just saying.

bethcooks4u said:
I'd be careful with this. It's when we get creative that we get in trouble. Just saying.

I agree with you 100% on this!

I can understand it, but here's my idea. Put the coordinator as host and, if s/he doesn't purchase enough to be covered by the free product earned, take another high buyer and put them as co-host. What I'm not suggesting is to move items around and pull a few items from one person and more from others in order to cover the free product. Does that make sense?Again, I haven't run the numbers, but it is another way for the group to earn up to 25% without bringing HO into the fundraiser and you losing out on half your commission. I have submitted two shows as fundraisers in my career and really felt the gouge in my commission. When I do my fundraisers now (not as stated above), I'm the one to donate to the group. I match what PC does and then add a sliding scale of up to 25%. I also add $7 per booking when held within a predetermined time-frame. And, sometimes the coordinator and I will figure out an incentive for others to bring in more orders by using the host benefits. There are no rules on what I do with my money or what the host does with his/her products.

I sent another email:

I understand that fundraisers hosts don’t get the regular host benefits, but they are able to purchase the host special at the 60% off discount, so why shouldn't this "extra" host benefit apply to them as well? It would be a nice gesture.

And got this reply this morning:
I do agree with you. I will forward your comments to our Sales and Promotion area. Please advise if you require additional assistance.

So maybe there is hope!

I just sent an email as well (I copied both Kristin Chin and the regular solution center email address). I wonder if there is someone specific in the Sales and Promotion area I should forward it to as well.:confused:

pamperedbecky said:
I just sent an email as well (I copied both Kristin Chin and the regular solution center email address). I wonder if there is someone specific in the Sales and Promotion area I should forward it to as well.:confused:

How about Jean Jonas?!

What is the HWC Apron and how can a coordinator earn it?

The HWC Apron is a special recognition item given to Pampered Chef coordinators who meet certain criteria. To earn the apron, coordinators must have a minimum of $15,000 in sales, at least 4 active team members, and attend the annual Pampered Chef Leadership Conference. Coordinators who meet these requirements will automatically receive the HWC apron.

How can I track my progress towards earning the HWC Apron?

You can track your progress towards earning the HWC Apron by logging into your Pampered Chef account and viewing your personal sales and team reports. These reports will show you your current sales, number of active team members, and other important metrics that determine eligibility for the apron.

Can a coordinator earn the HWC Apron multiple times?

Yes, coordinators can earn the HWC Apron multiple times as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria. Each year, coordinators must meet the minimum sales requirement and have at least 4 active team members to earn the apron for that year.

What if I don't meet the sales requirements for the HWC Apron this year?

If you do not meet the sales requirements for the HWC Apron in a given year, you can still work towards earning it in the following year. The sales requirements are reset each year, so you will have a fresh start to work towards earning the apron.

Is the HWC Apron the only recognition item available for coordinators?

No, the HWC Apron is not the only recognition item available for coordinators. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recognition items, such as pins, charms, and other exclusive products, for coordinators who meet certain sales and team building goals. These items can be earned in addition to the HWC Apron.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • Nanisu