• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hung Up On Me During Contact Blitz - WOW!

In summary, this new director is having a lot of trouble booking shows, but with the help of her team, she is still able to hold a blitz.
finley1991
:eek: Okay... I just finished my contact blitz and have to say, this has NEVER happened to me! Someone HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I know this has happened to others but it really kind of shocked me! I got "We're in the middle of dinner!" <click>

Thankfully, I had already had a glass of wine before I started (liquid courage) so it didn't sting as much as it might have otherwise.

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud when it happened (the wine again) so it didn't discourage me from calling the rest on my list. But WOW!

PS: No takers... left lots of messages, got 2 not nows, 1 probably in the next month or two, and one totally no (she wanted to buy in bulk and sell at flea markets but isn't interested any longer so I didn't even have to go into that!)

I did one last night. I dialed 17 or so numbers and got 12 machines. I did get a few "yes I want to book but no I am not ready to set a date tonight..." people.

I can't believe you got hung up on! Well-- something similar happened to me last night. I left a message for a past host and within minutes got a call back. I was excited to see her number on my caller ID until I realized she didn't realize she was calling ME! She thought she was calling someone else! As soon as she realized it was me she mummbled something about her back being hurt and she will call me again sometime...ya right! She totally busted herself!

HA HA! I got a call back too... it was the flea market girl thinking I was *Judy*.

I held my blitz last night. No hang-ups, thank goodness. 1 left message, 1 booking, 2 catalog shows, 1 referral and 4 no-thanks.

My director is holding another blitz tomorrow night, so I think I'm going to participate again. I'm REALLY needing bookings. This new director thing is kicking my butt...I'm so busy supporting my team that my show schedule has fallen flat!

finley1991 said:
HA HA! I got a call back too... it was the flea market girl thinking I was *Judy*.

Yeah-Judy sounds a lot like Colleen.:D Maybe she already had several glasses of liquid courage!!:confused:

I participated in one tonight. It was rough. I didn't get 1 booking on my calendar. Several people who pushed off till May or later. One guy who I think would make an excellent consultant (I'm mailing him some recruiting info). I left about 6 messages, got 7 no-thank yous, and booked 1 catty show.

I am entering desparation! I need 1 more recruit to qualify in March so I don't lose my team/Directorship. I only have 2 shows on my calender for March and want 8 more!! What the heck!! I didn't get a whole lot of "the economy" as an excuse just...I am not interested any longer...no, I'm not the party type. I HATE not dating shows at the party!! I don't have great luck booking over the phone.

Congratulations those of you who had better success than I did!!

My cluster and I are doing one Sunday. I sent out an evite to them and only 1 said yes. OUCH, I hope more agree to join me. I even added that anyone who participates will get in a drawing from me for a new Spring product.

Sandra I know just how you feel! I can't book March to save my life right now. I have 4 including my own Spring Kick off show. My March last year stunk so I vowed to not let that happen again...and here I am again! It's not from not trying either. UGH! I have few more shows this month so I am praying for March bookings at the shows.

I did one for my team on Monday evening- I had 3 participate, and we added 7 bopokings to our calendar (2 had 3 each !!!) They had a lot of fun with it, and it was nice to see my "star" consultant have a little bit of competition- She is enjoying it as well!!!!

1. Why did my contact hang up on me during the blitz?

There could be several reasons why your contact hung up on you during the blitz. It could be due to a bad connection, a busy schedule, or they may not have been interested in the product or opportunity at that time. It's important to not take it personally and move on to the next contact.

2. How can I prevent contacts from hanging up on me?

While you can't control how others react, there are a few things you can do to potentially prevent contacts from hanging up on you during the blitz. Make sure to introduce yourself and the reason for the call clearly, be respectful of their time, and have a positive attitude. Also, make sure to have a script or talking points prepared to keep the conversation flowing smoothly.

3. Is it better to call or message contacts during a blitz?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and the type of contact you are reaching out to. Some people may prefer a phone call while others may respond better to a message. It's important to keep in mind that a combination of both methods may be more effective in reaching a larger audience.

4. How can I make the most out of a blitz even if contacts hang up on me?

Even if contacts hang up on you during the blitz, it's important to stay positive and keep going. Make sure to take notes on the outcome of each call and use that information to improve your strategy for the next blitz. Also, make sure to follow up with any potential leads or interested contacts after the blitz is over.

5. What should I do if I get nervous or anxious during the blitz?

It's completely normal to feel nervous or anxious during a blitz, especially if you are new to the job. One way to combat these feelings is to practice your script or talking points beforehand and have confidence in yourself and the product. You can also try taking deep breaths or stepping away for a few minutes to regroup if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
icerneaccorie
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies