• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Manage and Load Contacts in Constant Contact: Tips and Tricks

S
sfdavis918
For those of you that use Constant Contact - is there a way to view your contacts by name? For some reason I can only see them by their email address. It is driving me crazy!

Also, how do you load new contacts? Do you individually enter them or can you upload them? I haven't been keeping track of them seperately from P3, which now I'm thinking each month I should.

Thanks!

Unless when you enter in the e-mail addresses, you include their first and last name, you will only see their e-mail addresses.

Maybe this is better: You will see what you enter. So if you entered only e-mail addresses, that's all you'll see.

Make sense?

I uploaded mine from an Excel file I had. It worked very well. :)

I think I will have to talk to their support then because I uploaded a file from Excel as well and it included the names. I can see the names but only if I go to the list and click on an email address. I want to see the names on the list, not the email address.

What about my second question about keeping the list updated? Do you go in and enter each new contact seperately?

Sarah- I can't see the names, either, unless I click on the addresses. But at least by uploading it, I didn't have to retype all the names individually. :)

I emailed customer support about listing contacts by name. Here is their response:

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for contacting Constant Contact Customer Care.

Unfortunately Constant Contact doesn’t have an automated option that allows you to sort your existing lists by a specific field. Currently, you can sort your contacts only according to the “Email Address” and “Date” (The date when the contact was added to your mailing list). I have however forwarded your email to our product management team; they will evaluate the issue for possible inclusion in a future release.

I'm sorry for not being able to help you with your current issue, however, if you have any other questions please feel free to write to me. I'll make my best effort to assist you better.

Regards,
Constant Contact Customer Care.

Bummer that it can't be done, but at least they forwarded my email on as a suggestion.

Related to How to Manage and Load Contacts in Constant Contact: Tips and Tricks

1. How do I view my contacts by name in Constant Contact?

In Constant Contact, you can view your contacts by name by going to the "Contacts" tab and selecting "View All Contacts." From there, click on the "Customize Columns" button and select "First Name" and "Last Name" to add those columns to your view. You can then click on the column headers to sort your contacts by name.

2. Can I upload new contacts to Constant Contact?

Yes, you can upload new contacts to Constant Contact by going to the "Contacts" tab and selecting "Add Contacts." From there, you can choose to upload a file of contacts or copy and paste them from a spreadsheet. Constant Contact also offers integrations with popular CRM systems, such as P3, to make it easier to import contacts.

3. Do I need to keep track of my contacts separately from P3?

It is not necessary to keep track of your contacts separately from P3. Constant Contact offers integrations with various CRM systems, including P3, to automatically sync your contacts. This can help keep your contact list up-to-date and reduce the need for manual data entry.

4. How do I manage my contacts in Constant Contact?

To manage your contacts in Constant Contact, you can use the various tools available under the "Contacts" tab. This includes creating and managing contact lists, adding tags or custom fields to categorize your contacts, and using the search function to find specific contacts. You can also use the reporting features to track the engagement and activity of your contacts.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for managing contacts in Constant Contact?

Some useful tips and tricks for managing contacts in Constant Contact include regularly cleaning up your contact list by removing inactive or bounced email addresses, using tags and custom fields to segment your contacts for targeted email campaigns, and utilizing the reporting features to track the performance of your email marketing efforts. It is also important to regularly update your contact list and keep it organized to ensure the accuracy of your marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tastefullyyours
  • esavvymom
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • noelskitchen