• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Cut Down on Demo-Show Time??

In summary, Heather is a new consultant with a four month old baby who cannot be away from her for more than two hours. She is seeking suggestions on how to shorten her demo time without skipping it entirely. One suggestion is to prepare the food ahead of time and do a fast-paced "amazing potato demo". Another idea is to have shows at her home, where her son can be with her. A director also shares a demo using a molten chocolate skillet brownie that only takes a few minutes.
heat123
Silver Member
As I am just starting out, I have a 4 month old who cannot be away from me for no longer than 2 hours tops(won't take the bottle and is very attatched to me) . What suggestions do you have on cutting down demo time to get out of there in less than or just at 2 hours (start to finish?) I don't want to completely skip demos but what else can I do? And I dont' want to bring the baby as she will just fuss as some have sugggested before.

thanks

Hi Heather,
If you absolutly cannot be away more than 2 hours I would suggest having the food prepared ahead of time for your guests, and then do the "amazing potato demo". It's where you have one potato and show ALOT of products. I've never tried, but I've thought about it to cut time from the show. I've noticed that almost everyone has heard of Pampered Chef and has been to at least one party. Most people already know what they want before they show up.
I'll try and find the attachment.
I hope this helps you.

Autumn

Attachments

• The Amazing Potato Demo.doc
    28 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
The Fantastic SpudWow! What a fantastic different demo - I can't wait to use it, thanks for sharing :)

One of the directors in my area did a demo using the molten chocolate skillet brownie that took just a few minutes. He is a lightening fast talker and that's a big part of the charm of his shows!! ;) The brownie was already cooked and he talked about the cookware, because the brownie was cooked in the skillet; the stoneware, because he toasted the almonds he sprinkled on the brownie using the oval mini in the microwave, and I'm sure he talked about simple additions, because he sells more SA than anybody in the state! Then he sprinkled the brownie with powdered sugar out of the shaker and was done.

What do you think about having shows at your home? That might be a good solution for you because once you get there a little early to set up, wait for guests, let them get settled, etc., you could easily use up one of your two hours, if not more. If your son would be content to have you hold him while you demo'ed (or maybe you could put him in a sling?) I would think that having him with you would be a good answer. I did some shows at my home and attendance was generally lower, sometimes a lot lower so you'd want to weigh that in your decision. But if your little guy is attached to you, I kinda think you ought to respect his need on that. My son was probably more attached than my daughter at four months (and beyond!) and I know it can be challenging to be the mom he wants, needs, deserves and do *anything* else! :) Good luck!!

I like that potato demo, I may have to try it and see how it works for me!
thanks for your input ladies! :)

1. How can I streamline my demo-show to save time?

The best way to cut down on demo-show time is to plan ahead. Create a detailed timeline or checklist of all the tasks that need to be done before, during, and after the demo-show. This will help you stay organized and on track.

2. Can I use pre-cut ingredients to save time during the demo-show?

Yes, pre-cut ingredients can definitely help save time during the demo-show. However, make sure to use high-quality ingredients and store them properly to maintain their freshness.

3. How can I engage my audience without taking up too much time?

One way to engage your audience while also saving time is to involve them in the cooking process. Ask for volunteers to help with certain tasks or have them participate in a game or quiz related to the products.

4. Is it better to have a shorter demo-show or a longer one?

It's important to find a balance between having a demo-show that is too short or too long. Generally, a demo-show that lasts around 2 hours is a good length, but make sure to adjust based on your audience and their level of engagement.

5. Are there any tools or products that can help me cut down on demo-show time?

Yes, there are several tools and products that can help you save time during the demo-show. For example, using a food processor or a mandoline can help you quickly chop and slice ingredients. We also recommend using our Quick Cooker to speed up cooking times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Laurenncraigory
  • kearstin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
schel
  • krzymomof4