• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Often Do You Reconcile Your Check Book?

In summary, a leader is someone who takes charge when needed and does what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. They don't use excuses, and always try to be better.
DebPC
Staff member
Being a LeaderBeing a Leader
Being a leader isn’t just for directors. Good consultants are leaders. They lead their hostesses to successful shows. They lead their customers to cooking solutions. They lead themselves and their families to a quality, well-balanced home life. Their careers go where they want to be, because leaders do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, the very best they can do it. Leaders don’t use excuses. They prepare so they can take advantage of all luck and opportunity that comes their way. Leaders never stop learning or stop trying to be better. Leaders listen, think, and then respond. They never react. Leaders do what most everyone else just talks about.

Be A Leader.

Thanks. So often our consultants don't think of themselves as leaders. I think I'll present this thought at my next meeting (you have planned my meeting - between this and your SA post). I have trouble getting help with the meetings because they don't see themselves in the leader role. Maybe this will help.

My checkbooks for the people I work for I keep up with regular when the bank statement comes in.

My own personal, I think it has been since before I had my son - he's 3! I keep extra money in there for cushion.

I reconcile my PC one when the statement comes in.

What about yall?

I do our account every few days...we use Quicken so I do it online. I almost never do my PC account. I leave a cushion and only use it for shows and business supplies.

I do my personal one paycheck to paycheck... every week.
But PC I just check when the statement comes in, however I do check to make sure the money deposited was correct and watch for PC to take out the correct amount.

I do mine everytime we get paid... i'll do it before then if I know we are gonna go shopping to see how much we have to spend:p

I don't have a check book for my PC account I just get online and make sure my deposits are good and the correct $$ is going out.

What is to "reconcile" a checkbook? Guess I don't do it :eek:

my personal account? Never.In my past life I managed a federal grant fund, I reconciled that balance each morning, no matter what.

Every couple of days or so. I have an online "checkbook" program and I check my bank to see what's cleared and mark it off.My budget's cut too close to the bone to let it just go.

Admin Greg said:
What is to "reconcile" a checkbook? Guess I don't do it :eek:

In my Quicken program, thats what they call matching up the transactions at the bank (on your statement) with the ones that you have in your records.

Carissidy said:
In my Quicken program, thats what they call matching up the transactions at the bank (on your statement) with the ones that you have in your records.

Basically balancing the checkbook online... :rolleyes:

I do mine quarterly, sometimes more, often times less.

--Jenny L

I do ours every few days, so that I don't have so much work todo, if I did it ever few weeks or once a month I may not do it all.

Sadly, never. Bad habit that I haven't been able to break. Rarely, rarely bounce checks though so my system isn't completely broken, just not the best method.

Related to How Often Do You Reconcile Your Check Book?

1. How often should I reconcile my checkbook?

It is recommended to reconcile your checkbook at least once a month. This ensures that you catch any errors or discrepancies in your account and helps you keep track of your spending.

2. What if I find a mistake during the reconciliation process?

If you find a mistake, it is important to address it immediately. Contact your bank to report the error and follow their instructions to resolve it. You should also make any necessary adjustments in your checkbook to ensure it is accurate.

3. Can I use online banking to reconcile my checkbook?

Yes, many banks offer online banking services that allow you to view and track your transactions. You can use this information to reconcile your checkbook, but it is still important to keep a physical record of your transactions.

4. How do I know if my checkbook is balanced?

Your checkbook is considered balanced when the ending balance in your checkbook matches the ending balance on your bank statement. This means that all of your transactions have been accounted for and there are no discrepancies.

5. What is the purpose of reconciling my checkbook?

Reconciling your checkbook helps you keep track of your spending and ensures that your bank account is accurate. It also helps you catch any errors or fraudulent activity on your account and allows you to budget and plan your finances more effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
Replies
Views
raebates