• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Pounds of Ground Beef...

have...done...5 pounds...of...ground beef in my 12 inch skillet at once. I've heard you can do up to 5 pounds; another large volume suggestion is 2 dozen eggs.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
...can you brown in the 12" skillet at one time?

I've done 3 pounds...

3 pounds here, too

Than kyou!

I have heard you can do up to 5 pounds; another large volume suggestion is 2 dozen eggs....

I was wondering that last night, how funny you should post this :)

I've done 3 pounds (that's how it's packaged at my store) but I think I've heard 5 pounds.

I'd love other "large volume" ideas...so far we have 5 pounds ground beef, 2 doz eggs....what else??

A whole cake.

I did six the other day in my Roasting pan & can't imagine fitting that much in the 12", let alone anymore. I think you'd end up steaming the g.beef instead of browning it. :yuck:

How funny! Everyone has different answers! I've heard 7 pounds!:confused: :eek: ! Go figure! Maybe one of us should try!;)

hmmmm never thought of using it to brown the 3 lb packages! Learn a new thought every day!

so who wants to try it? I would but I don't have any to brown up...plus I have to make a cake in mine tonight (i know I know it is so simple to clean but I only want to clean it one time)

Good cross sell with the mix n chop for those 3 lb packages at the store!

I have done 3.5 pounds in there.

Brown. Drain/rinse in our colander, and use 2 cups per quart freezer bag. Then, I freeze them to use in sloppy joe, tacos, spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, etc. (2 cups browned = 1 pound raw)

KellyTheChef said:
Brown. Drain/rinse in our colander, and use 2 cups per quart freezer bag.
Then, I freeze them to use in sloppy joe, tacos, spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, etc. (2 cups browned = 1 pound raw)

Interesting! Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

Ground beef is on sale thru today at my local Albertson's...I am going to go buy 5 pounds and then fry it up. I'll report back.

I have been told from the beginning that you can do 5 pounds but never checked it...this thread really makes me want to verify the validity of what I tell my customers!

More later....and then I'll have lots of cooked ground beef to freeze for easy meals later!

b

Just did 5 pounds of ground beef. No problem in the 12 inch family sized skillet, executive.

Because of some of the comments in previous posts, I decided to put my skillet on high heat. I put the ground beef in, broken up into handfuls. As the meat began to cook, I used the mix n chop. I kept the heat on high for virtually the entire cooking process. The meat did need to be moved around so the mix and chop did come in handy...if you don't have it, use a spatula.

Once the meat really started cooking, I began to stir the meat every 4-5 minutes. I used the mix n chop most of the time.

After about 15 minutes, I drained the fat off the ground beef...it was cooked but not browning, a concern in another post.

After I drained the fat, I used continued to cook the meat, now on a more medium setting. I used my mix and chop (or a spatula) to keep it moving around. Within about 10 minutes, the meat was now cooked AND browned.

I could have definately continued to cook iit longer, on higher heat, to get even more browning but...it's Saturday and I'm ready to call it a day.

Experiment results: YES, you can do 5 pounds of ground beef in the 12 inch skillet.

You need to be paying attention to the meat to get it cooked, drained and then browned.

After the meat was cooked, there was definately room for a pasta sauce, onions, etc., to be added.

So...(IMO) 5 pounds it is!

Go for it....

Thanks Beth!!!:D

Cool! Thanks for testing the 5#'s...now I know that it works!

BTW- when I precook my meat, I don't even worry about browning it. If I want it browned, then I do that once I have defrosted it...before I add it to whatever I am cooking! Honestly, though, I don't even brown it then!

Good to know girls! I just bought my 12" skillet and am anxious to try differentm things in it.... I will check back for anymore interesting ideas and facts to share! :)

reading all the posts sold me, lol. I have really been wanting this pan, and with the pan-o-rama I am going to get mine. I have enough already but waiting until its done to put in the point. Thrilled to know how I can sell more of these, before the deadline. This is a great idea thanks for sharing it.

Brown. Drain/rinse in our colander, and use 2 cups per quart freezer bag. Then, I freeze them to use in sloppy joe, tacos, spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, etc. (2 cups browned = 1 pound raw)

Deb..........newbie

bethsbiz said:
I have heard you can do up to 5 pounds; another large volume suggestion is 2 dozen eggs....

A sister Director told me that she "scrambles" her eggs in the Quick Stir Pitcher and then cooks them in the Roasting Pan!

I don't brown mine either and I freeze it just like Kelly mentioned. I've also done a batch of rice krispy treats in the 12' Exec too! I love that pan!

Related to How Many Pounds of Ground Beef...

How many pounds of ground beef are needed for a family of four?

The general rule of thumb is to plan for about 1/4 to 1/3 pound of ground beef per person. So for a family of four, you would need approximately 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.

How many pounds of ground beef are needed for a large party?

This will depend on the size of the party and what other dishes you will be serving. A good estimate is to plan for about 1/4 to 1/3 pound of ground beef per person. So for a party of 20 people, you would need approximately 5 to 7 pounds of ground beef.

How many pounds of ground beef are needed for a chili recipe?

For a traditional chili recipe, it's recommended to use 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef for every 4 servings. So for a recipe that serves 8 people, you would need approximately 2 to 3 pounds of ground beef.

How many pounds of ground beef are in a package?

This will vary depending on where you purchase the ground beef. Typically, packages of ground beef range from 1 pound to 3 pounds. It's always a good idea to check the weight listed on the package before purchasing.

How many pounds of ground beef can fit in a skillet?

This will depend on the size of your skillet and how tightly you pack the ground beef. As a general guideline, a 12-inch skillet can hold about 2 pounds of ground beef, while a 10-inch skillet can hold about 1 pound. It's important not to overcrowd the skillet to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • gailz2