• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Cups Fit in 12" Skillet?

In summary, a 12" skillet can hold up to 8 cups of liquid, making it suitable for making larger batches of soups or stews. It can also serve 4-6 people on average and is a good choice for cooking for a large group. Most 12" skillets are oven-safe, but it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions beforehand.
lauraP2000
Does anyone know how many cups (or quarts) the 12"skillets can hold?

according to the PIG it's 5 quarts

Thanks! It's right there on the Executive PIG, isn't it? :) I was looking at the Stainless PIG.

BTW- you can EASILY brown 3+ pounds of ground beef in there! Brown, rinse with hot water, and then bag in freezer bags for future use! (2 cups cooked browned beef is = to one pound in a recipe!) Easy on hand for tacos, spaghetti sauce, Hamburger Helper, chili, you name it!

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I am happy to help answer your question. The 12" skillets can hold up to 4.5 quarts or 18 cups. They are great for cooking larger portions and can easily accommodate a family-sized meal. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. How many cups fit in a 12" skillet?

The answer to this question depends on the depth of the skillet. A standard 12" skillet with a depth of 2 inches can hold up to 8 cups of liquid. However, if the skillet has a deeper depth, it may be able to hold more cups.

2. Can I use a 12" skillet to make a large batch of soup or stew?

Yes, a 12" skillet is perfect for making larger batches of soups or stews. It can hold up to 8 cups of liquid, which is enough for a family-sized meal.

3. How many servings can I make in a 12" skillet?

The number of servings you can make in a 12" skillet depends on the recipe and portion size. However, on average, a 12" skillet can serve 4-6 people.

4. Is a 12" skillet suitable for cooking for a large group?

Yes, a 12" skillet is an excellent choice for cooking for a large group. It can hold a decent amount of food and is suitable for making multiple servings of dishes like casseroles, stir-fries, and more.

5. Can I use a 12" skillet in the oven?

Yes, most 12" skillets are oven-safe, but it's essential to check the manufacturer's instructions before using it in the oven. Some skillets may have a plastic or rubber handle that cannot withstand high temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123