• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Bookings Do You Get per Show?

In summary, Lisa says that it takes time and effort to build a successful podcast and that it is important to ask everyone you meet for referrals. She also says that it is important to offer incentives (either through the show or at the close) to help attract bookings. Heather says that she averages two bookings a show and that she does not offer many incentives, but does mention the benefits that PC offers hosts.
heat123
Silver Member
I was just curious to all you veterans and newbies like myself. I am in my SS3 and just wanted to know how many bookings you average per show? And do you offer incentives or people just liked your show so much they book?

After doing over 14 shows I have only gotten 7 solid bookings and a hand ful of maybes. I haven't offered any big incentives yet~ maybe that's my next step to increase the # per show or to at least average 1 per show would be great for me!

I think it's getting better as I become seasoned but was just wondering for all you newbies how you are doing so far and how do you veterans manage per show?

thanks for any responses!

Heather,

I have been doing this for a year and a half and for the last 6 months have been where I want to be for bookings (i.e. - I am now booking March as January and February are full)

I am not a big fan of additional incentives. I think it is okay to use them on occasion when you have nothing on your calendar and really need to fill it right away. But as for everyday, I think this company offers a lot of incentives for hosts. I don't need anything else coming out of my pocket.

I usually get at least one booking a show, sometimes more. It really varies on the crowd, how many people are there, and whether I am having a good day! But this is the one thing I do... I Ask Everyone!

I do the door prize slips, but I do not look at them (I am way to busy at the end of the show). As I call each person up to do their order, I make conversation with them..."did you have fun", etc. I tell them I have not had a chance to look at the DPS yet, and would they like to invite their friends over for a night of fun. I have had people say yes - who had marked no on their slip. If they seem hesitant, I tell them I am now booking for _____, but if that does not work for them, I would love to get them on my schedule in _____. Some people think that if they book, that you expect to be in their house next week.

I do take time during my demo to talk about the host specials and benefits. I ask them how excited they would be if they walked into their favorite store and were handed a $90 gift card! That's something they can relate to.

One other note... I am a bit of a control freak and have a hard time "letting my hair down". Last August, I made the mental decision to relax at my shows and just have fun. Last August is when my booking slump ended. So just have fun, cover the host plan, and ask everyone. The bookings will come.

Good luck!

Ditto to everything that Lisa said! It was like I wrote it pretty much! I'm going to have to use this line that Lisa says. It's great!!
I ask them how excited they would be if they walked into their favorite store and were handed a $90 gift card! That's something they can relate to.

I average 2 bookings a show.

Outside of your shows find ways to bring PC into your conversations, wear something that says PC or at least carry a catalog or cookbook. Ask for referrals. Ask your hairdresser, doctor, etc. if you can leave catalogs there.

I don't offer many incentives either but I do point out what all PC gives their hosts and if I really need a booking or more sales I will offer an extra bonus at the close of the show (eg: $10 extra free if the show is $300; $20 if it's $500.).

One thing that I used to do before PC changed the booking benefit is that I offered the past host her show discount at any show booked from hers. That encouraged her to help me get and keep bookings. How it works is PC gives past hosts 10% off any future order and I gave her the additional % off that she had to spend at her own show (eg: she earned 25% off at her show so after the 10% that past hosts get from PC I would subtract another 15% and pay it as a Consultant Gift under payment method in her order placed on a show that was booked at hers. My commission is more than the 15% - or the highest it would be is 20% if the show was $800 or more so it cost me nothing more than I made on the order and I also got the commission on the whole party that I might not otherwise have gotten.). With the booking benefit that we now have I haven't found a need to continue that program.

Last edited:
I have some shows I get 1-2 bookings and some shows I get none. In the beginning I can't say I was making sure I talk about booking 3 times in my shows, I don't always do it now but I try. I've been at this a year and I'm still "tweaking" my shows. I hope that my input has helped.

I ask them how excited they would be if they walked into their favorite store and were handed a $90 gift card! That's something they can relate to.

I never thought of wording the host benefits this way. I bet that does helps pull in bookings. I will be trying that.

Hi there! As a veteran consultant, I can tell you that bookings can vary greatly from show to show. On average, I usually get around 2-3 bookings per show. However, I have had some shows where I got 5 or more bookings and others where I didn't get any. It really depends on the group of people you are presenting to and how interested they are in hosting a show.

One tip I can offer is to always mention the amazing host rewards and incentives that are available when booking a show. This can entice people to want to host a show and get their hands on some great products at a discounted price. Also, make sure to follow up with any maybes or potential bookings after the show. Sometimes people need a little extra push to commit to hosting a show.

I also like to offer a small incentive, such as a free product or discount, to anyone who books a show at my current show. This can help increase the number of bookings per show and also show your appreciation for their support.

Overall, don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of bookings at each show. Keep promoting the benefits of hosting a show and following up with potential hosts. As you become more experienced, you will find what works best for you and your shows. Best of luck to you!

1. How many bookings do you typically get per show?

The number of bookings we get per show can vary greatly depending on factors such as the size of the show, the host's guest list, and the level of interest in our products. On average, we typically receive 2-3 bookings per show.

2. Is there a minimum number of bookings required for a successful show?

There is no specific minimum number of bookings required for a successful show. Our goal is to provide a fun and informative experience for both the host and the guests. Whether we get 1 booking or 10 bookings, we consider it a successful show as long as everyone had a good time.

3. Can I earn rewards for hosting a show with a certain number of bookings?

Yes, as a thank you for hosting a show, we offer rewards for hosts who have a certain number of bookings. The exact number may vary depending on current promotions, but typically hosts can earn free and discounted products with at least 3-4 bookings.

4. Do you have any tips for getting more bookings at my show?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to offer tips and ideas for hosts to get more bookings. Some popular strategies include offering incentives for guests who book a show, such as free products or discounts, and sharing the benefits of hosting a show with friends and family.

5. Can I schedule additional shows with my consultant if I have more bookings than expected?

Of course! We are always happy to accommodate additional shows for hosts who have more bookings than expected. Our consultants will work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your guests. Just let us know and we will make it happen!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Sheila