• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Pressed Cookies Stick to Parchment Paper?

In summary, you need to press the cookie dough onto the parchment paper in a way that creates enough surface tension so that the dough does not stick to the press.
its_me_susan
Anyone know the secret to getting them to stick?

I don't use parchment with pressed cookies. They should be just fine on the stoneware. What recipe are you using?

Baking secrets for pressed cookiesI have been baking for decades, and I found that the most important thing with pressed cookies is to follow the recipe to the letter. For instance, if the recipe calls for sifted flour, make sure you do sift it. Use the right kind of flour. Do not use cake flour if the recipe calls for regular flour. If the recipe calls for butter, do not use margarine since the consistency and texture of the cookie will change. Margarine makes the dough softer. If you add chopped nuts to the batter, chop them in small pieces so they do not clog the press.

The temperature in the house can affect the dough. If the dough is too soft, the cookies ooze out. If the dough is too cold, the cookies will not come out in one piece. If you need to refrigerate the dough, the longer you leave it in the refrigerator, the stiffer the dough gets.

I always do a test cookie on a piece of wax paper before I start pressing the cookies onto the sheet to bake. Inbetween bakings, let the stone or cookie sheet cool down before baking another batch of cookies. Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them to the cooling rack.

I hope these suggestions help the people having some difficulty with pressed cookies.

its_me_susan said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the idea of parchment paper was to create a non-stick surface with easy clean-up.

Cookie Press Twist
its_me_susan said:
I was told by the HO that after clicking your press, keeping it flat to the parchment paper or the stone, rotate your press 1/4 turn then lift it straight up. The rotation of the press will allow the cookie to come off the press and onto your surface better. Hope this helps. I had several customers complain about this very issue. This has helped.

Using parchment paper allows the cookie maker to press out several stones worth of cookies without having to have several stones. Just press the cookies onto a sheet of parchment paper and slide the parchment on/off the stone so it's ready to go for the next sheet.

I, too, fought with this issue when prepping for a cookie show. I found that the parchment needed to be anchored in order for it to retain enough surface tension to make the dough break away from the press. If the parchment wasn't achored somehow, it would just come up off the counter and the dough would be left on the press. Very frustrating.

Even after anchoring the parchment, I still had issues until I found that letting the press "rest" for a count of 5 or so increased the surface tension of the cookie to parchment enough to get the dough to break away from the press consistently. It was a slightly different rest period for every disk, too.

1. How do you prevent pressed cookies from sticking to parchment paper?

To prevent pressed cookies from sticking to parchment paper, make sure to use a non-stick or silicone coated parchment paper. You can also lightly grease the parchment paper with cooking spray or a thin layer of butter before placing the cookie dough on top.

2. Can I use wax paper instead of parchment paper for pressed cookies?

It is not recommended to use wax paper instead of parchment paper for pressed cookies. Wax paper is not heat resistant and can melt or catch on fire in the oven. Parchment paper is specifically designed for baking and is heat resistant, making it the safer and more suitable option for pressed cookies.

3. How do you transfer pressed cookies from parchment paper to a cooling rack?

To transfer pressed cookies from parchment paper to a cooling rack, let them cool on the parchment paper for a few minutes after removing them from the oven. Then, use a spatula or small offset spatula to carefully lift the cookies off the parchment paper and onto the cooling rack.

4. Can pressed cookies be frozen on parchment paper?

Yes, pressed cookies can be frozen on parchment paper. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the parchment paper. Then, place the parchment paper with the cookies on a flat surface in the freezer for a few hours. Once frozen, you can transfer the cookies to a freezer-safe container for longer storage.

5. How do you clean parchment paper after baking pressed cookies?

Cleaning parchment paper after baking pressed cookies is simple. Allow the parchment paper to cool completely and then gently scrape off any excess cookie or dough with a spatula. You can then wash the parchment paper with warm soapy water and let it air dry for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • irishpamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies