• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Remove Sticky Residue from Stoneware?

In summary, stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware made from clay fired at high temperatures. It can feel sticky or oily due to the high level of natural oils in the clay. To prevent stickiness, stoneware should be properly seasoned before use and should not be cleaned with soap or harsh detergents. Sticky stoneware can still be used for cooking, but proper seasoning and care can help reduce stickiness. Stoneware should be seasoned after every 5-6 uses and cooking spray should not be used as it can make the surface even more sticky.
SilverCeladon
Hi everybody!

I went to my mom's today and she showed me her square baker. My sister heated some eggrolls up in it and now it's so sticky and it won't come off! I told her to try some baking powder. Do you have any other ideas?:chef:

Baking soda, not baking powder.

oops, my bad...that's what I meant.

What is stoneware and why is it sticky?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware that is made from clay fired at high temperatures. It is sticky because the clay used to make it contains a high level of natural oils, which can cause the surface to feel sticky or oily.

How can I prevent my stoneware from becoming sticky?

To prevent your stoneware from becoming sticky, make sure to properly season it before use. This involves coating the surface with a thin layer of oil and baking it in the oven. You should also avoid using soap or harsh detergents when cleaning your stoneware, as these can strip away the seasoning and cause it to become sticky.

Can I still use my sticky stoneware?

Yes, you can still use your sticky stoneware. The stickiness will not affect the cooking performance of the stoneware, but it may make it more difficult to clean. Proper seasoning and care can help reduce the stickiness over time.

How often should I season my stoneware?

It is recommended to season your stoneware after every 5-6 uses, or whenever you notice the surface becoming sticky. This will help maintain a non-stick surface and prevent food from sticking to the stoneware.

Can I use cooking spray on my stoneware?

No, you should not use cooking spray on your stoneware. It can create a buildup on the surface and cause it to become even more sticky. It is best to use a small amount of oil or butter to season your stoneware before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jodistrauss
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DaniStone
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • bridgetbakes