• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did Heather get back into PC after taking a break for her husband's health?

In summary, the conversation discusses how the speaker was able to balance her husband's health and her Pampered Chef business. She prioritized her husband's well-being and reduced her hours to take care of him. When she returned to her business, she faced challenges in getting back into the groove, but with determination and support, she was able to succeed. She also managed to balance her consultant role and family commitments through effective time management and involving her family in her business. Her advice for other consultants facing a similar situation is to prioritize and take care of family first, and to stay determined and motivated when returning to their business.
mheat923
My name is Heather and I have been with PC since Nov 04 although I took most of 2006 off due to my husband's health. My husband became disabled in 2005 and we spent much time adjusting to that plus trying to get his Social Security. All of that was finally settled in Feb of this year.

We have 3 children under 11 so I knew that we could "make it" on what he gets each month but I liked the idea of getting active in PC again for some extra income. I reactivated at the end of Feb, although sometimes I wish I had waited so I could get the new kit...lol I feel like after a year I am a brand new consultant. The last couple months have been slow 1 or 2 shows a month but my June and July are already filling up!

I love networking with other consultants online as I do not have much to do with my cluster, its hard for me to get to meetings etc. so other then my director I really dont know anyone.:)

Welcome back! You'll find lots of encouragement and help here in our virtual cluster.

Welcome Back!

Welcome Heather! Hope your hubby is doing well now...

Glad you're back! Isn't PC a great company??

Welcome to our group!

1. How did you manage to balance your husband's health and your Pampered Chef business?

It was definitely a difficult balancing act, but I made sure to prioritize my husband's health and well-being above everything else. I reduced my hours and took a break from my business to focus on taking care of him. Once his health stabilized, I was able to gradually re-engage with my Pampered Chef business.

2. What was the biggest challenge you faced when trying to get back into Pampered Chef?

The biggest challenge for me was getting back into the groove of things after being away for a year. I had to relearn some processes and adapt to any changes that had occurred in the business. However, I was determined to make it work and with the support of my family and peers, I was able to get back on track.

3. Did you have any doubts about returning to Pampered Chef after such a long break?

I did have some doubts at first, especially since my business had slowed down during my hiatus. But I reminded myself of why I joined Pampered Chef in the first place - for the love of the products and the opportunity to earn extra income. That motivated me to give it another try, and I'm glad I did.

4. How have you been able to balance being a consultant and taking care of your family?

It's all about time management and setting priorities. I make sure to plan my schedule in advance and communicate with my family about my business commitments. I also try to involve them in my business whenever possible, which helps me spend quality time with them while also growing my business.

5. What advice do you have for other consultants who may be facing a similar situation?

My advice would be to prioritize and focus on what's most important - in this case, your family's health and well-being. Don't be afraid to take a break from your business if needed, as it's important to take care of yourself and your loved ones first. And when you're ready to return, don't be discouraged by any setbacks - stay determined and motivated, and you can get back on track with your business goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Fran Milne
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Chef Shari
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
  • RiverSong