• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Easily Remove Pits from Cling Peaches and Nectarines?

In summary, the "New Use for the Core & More" tool is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that can be used for coring, peeling, and slicing fruits and vegetables. It can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables, including apples, pears, potatoes, carrots, and more. The tool features a sharp blade at one end for coring and peeling, and a serrated edge at the other end for slicing. It also has a comfortable handle for easy gripping and control. Additionally, it can be used for other tasks such as hulling strawberries or removing seeds from peppers. The tool is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash for the sharp blade's longevity.
raebates
Staff member
You can use the double-sided scoop end to remove the pits (stones/seeds) from cling peaches and nectarines. Just cut the fruit in half and twist. This usually leaves the pit firmly attached to one of the halves. Slip the double-sided scoop over the pit. The edge cuts through the flesh and contours well to the pit. It cuts it out neatly.If the pit is too large to go completely through the scoop, just go as far as you can. Back the scoop off of the pit. Now, start from the other end of the pit. Go as far as you can, then, with the pit still in the scoop, twist the core and more. The pit will pop right out.This works really well if you're serving a peach or nectarine half with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle on a little of the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles, and you have a light, delicious dessert. (That's light as in not filling, not light as in few calories. :) )

Great idea, Rae!
Thanks for the tip!!

What a great tip!

Thank you!

You can also use that end of the C&M to take off the seeds/membranes on peppers. I made a 7 layer salad yesterday and put red pepper in it. That was so quick to take off the seeds and white membrane!

You can also use that end to scoop out the seeds if you are deseeding a cuke (and don't have our corer) or if you are making a zuchinni "boat".

I really like that extra part on there now....only wish we had a cover for that side, since it is so sharp! I just make sure that I store it with that side DOWN in my TTA so no one gets cut!

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this tip for removing pits from cling peaches and nectarines. The double-sided scoop end sounds like a handy tool for this task. I also love the idea of using the fruit halves with ice cream and Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles for a light and tasty dessert. I will definitely have to try this out at my next party. Thanks again for the suggestion! Happy cooking!

Related to How Can You Easily Remove Pits from Cling Peaches and Nectarines?

What is the "New Use for the Core & More" tool?

The "New Use for the Core & More" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that can be used for coring, peeling, and slicing fruits and vegetables.

What types of fruits and vegetables can the "New Use for the Core & More" be used on?

This tool can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables, including apples, pears, potatoes, carrots, and more.

How does the "New Use for the Core & More" work?

The tool features a sharp blade at one end for coring and peeling, and a serrated edge at the other end for slicing. It also has a comfortable handle for easy gripping and control.

Can the "New Use for the Core & More" be used for other kitchen tasks?

Yes, this tool can also be used for tasks such as hulling strawberries or removing the seeds from peppers.

Is the "New Use for the Core & More" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the sharp blade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefetteDuJour
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies