• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we prevent black scratches on our beloved Dots dishes?

In summary, the black scratches on the dots dishes can be prevented by using a stainless cleaner or by ignoring the marks.
Kelly8
How do we prevent black scratches on the dots dishes from things being cut on them? I had a host who just couldn't wait to get these, but she is a little disappointed in the black scratches. Or how is it easily taken off? Does Mr. Clean work?

MAGIC ERASERS!! Work like magic.

great! Thanks I will tell her!

Our stainless cleaner works great for that too.

I'll try the stainless cleaner cuz my magic eraser didn't work on the couple of black lines I have on mine. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jeez my stainless cleaner didn't work either. Trying bleach now.

I just ignore the marring. The food just goes right back on and hides it. People are just going to make more marks on it again. ;) Actually, I don't know how bad yours look, but mine just have several marks, but they aren't that dark. I'm used to seeing them because all my other brands of dishes I've owned did the same thing.

It's not really about me, it's about the host. She's a really good host and I want to keep her very happy!

Correll Cleaner works beautifully. It's made to clean those types of marks from that type of surface.

Thats terrible! Why do we sell expensive dishes that mark up like that? I have some white based plates that I've had forever and they never show marks. ???

Im with Jackie - i have had a set of Corelle since college and they look as good as the day I bought them. They weigh a whole lot less, hold up well and cost less. I guess that's why my dot's collection sits in a box in the basement. :D I do like the bowls for ice cream though.

You can try Bar Keepers Friend as well. It also works for stains on the knives.

I had Corelle, too and it marred. That's interesting, huh?! And then I had Pfaltzgraf dishes, and they did, too.Kelly, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your host's feelings. :blushing: I know it stinks to have something that you pay a lot for not hold up as you were hoping. (Like the staining that happens with the collapsible bowls...I had an upset host/good friend with that situation.) Just thought I'd point out that it is marring and it is a known thing that happens. I think in the U&C it even mentions it, but I could be wrong.I do love my Dots SA pieces, even if they have the marks. They still make me happy when I see them. Something about those dots, I guess. :D

1. Can "Dots Dishes" be used in the microwave?

Yes, "Dots Dishes" are microwave-safe and can be used to heat up food or beverages.

2. Are "Dots Dishes" dishwasher-safe?

Yes, "Dots Dishes" are dishwasher-safe and can be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

3. How do I remove black marks from my "Dots Dishes"?

To remove black marks from your "Dots Dishes", mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the black marks and let it sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or cloth. Rinse with water and repeat if necessary.

4. Can "Dots Dishes" be used in the oven?

Yes, "Dots Dishes" are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, they should not be placed under the broiler or exposed to direct heat.

5. Are "Dots Dishes" non-stick?

Yes, "Dots Dishes" have a non-stick coating that makes them easy to clean and prevents food from sticking to the surface. However, it is still recommended to use cooking spray or oil when cooking to ensure the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • Christ Follower