• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I efficiently close my shows for Pampered Chef?

In summary, Christine recommends closing the show over the phone with the Host and then either having the Host pay for the show or having the guests write out a check.
redd3708
Do you do it over the phone? Go by the Host's home and do it there?

I just would like some help. I'm not sure what to do.

For example, the guests write out a check? Do you have the Host keep it and pay with her own debit/credit card?

What to do?

Christine,

Here's what I do, take it for what it's worth.

I do most of my host coaching via Instant Messenger or email. I will call the host (so they don't have to spend the money to make the local call to me) to close the show. My business account is in the States and I can't get to that bank, so my guests will make checks out to their host. I would say that 99.9% of my customers use debit/credit cards because it's easier than writing a check. I haven't had to turn away many checks, but the world rotates on plastic these days anyway.

Don't spend too much running up your phone bill!!! Many people don't understand that we pay more for local calls than calls to the States! Try to streamline what you are spending out of your own pocket on these things. Also, I have found that most of the Instant Messengers (MSN and Yahoo) have a voice feature where you can talk just like a phone call without spending the money!!!

Try to think outside of the box with your business, it's tricky being overseas!!! When you get back stateside this will all seem like a breeze to you!!!

I'm also overseas in Germany and I always have the guests make the checks out to me. I have an account at our bank on base that I use strictly for PC. I always try to close the show in person. I just feel like this is more professional. AND the phone calls are expensive even though they are a tax write off, it still hurts at up to 37 cents a minute.

Hope that helps a little.

Hi Christine,

Okay I close my shows by going over to the Host's house. That way we can fill out the paper work or at least she has a copy of what she ordered from her host benefits. And this gives you a chance to pick up any other outside orders that came in after the show. I usually have the checks written out to me since I'm the one that has to pay for it. But I have seen consultants have the guests make the checks out to the Host and the host pay for everything to the consultant. It is entirely up to you how you want to do it. But I say it is easier to get together with the host to close the show cause then you can chat with her one last time, pick up any other outside orders and payments, and just suggest some other stuff for her to get with her host benefits if she is having a hard time deciding. So completely up to you, since I know you are overseas.

I always do it over the phone. Unless the hostess is very local I have any outside orders after the show pay by credit card so we don't have to hassle with checks.

I close over the phone. Any outside orders make their checks to the host and then she pays me for all of those plus her own order by credit/debit card. If she wants to pay by check, she gives me a blank one before I leave her house or she mails a check to me and I submit her show when I receive it.

Oh thanks so much!
I closed one show over the phone with a lady who did Partylites and she preferred it that way. And today I closed the show in-person. I wasn't sure if that was suitable. I was able to bring my laptop though and we did everything on that. It really helped.
Oh, but I really appreciate the input. I thought doing it over the phone was much harder. Especially if I needed to pick up some checks. Some people just refuse to use their debit/credit cards because they "can't trust others these days"... You know how it is.
Toodles!

Last edited:
I close over the phone. If I had a laptop and the host lived nearby, I would not mind closing inperson. Without my computer, I would be afraid I'd goof something up! Of course, I'm not paying 37cents a minute for a phone call. Wow! That has to make life tough!!!

I have a self stamped envelope I give them the night of the show for them to send me any remaining outside orders and her wishlist. I usually go over it with her by phone before she sends it to me to clost out.

Related to How can I efficiently close my shows for Pampered Chef?

1. How do I close my show with a strong sales pitch?

To close your show with a strong sales pitch, it's important to create a sense of urgency and highlight the benefits of the products. Offer a special limited-time discount or bundle deal to encourage customers to make a purchase. Also, make sure to emphasize the quality and versatility of the products as well as how they can make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. Can you give me tips on how to get my guests to book their own shows?

One effective way to encourage guests to book their own shows is to offer a hostess incentive, such as a free product or discount, for those who book a show. You can also mention the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and having a fun and interactive experience with friends. Additionally, make sure to follow up with interested guests after the show to remind them of the opportunity to host their own show.

3. What are some creative ways to close a show?

One creative way to close a show is to have a "last chance" sale where you offer a special discount on select products. Another idea is to play a game or raffle where guests have the chance to win a free product. You can also offer a personalized shopping experience where you help each guest find the perfect products for their needs and offer a special discount for purchasing multiple items.

4. How do you handle objections when closing a show?

When handling objections, it's important to listen to the customer's concerns and address them directly. Provide information and examples that demonstrate the value and benefits of the products. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee to alleviate any concerns. If the objection is about price, you can offer a payment plan or suggest alternative, more affordable products.

5. What is the best way to close a show for maximum sales?

The best way to close a show for maximum sales is to create a sense of excitement and urgency. Offer a special deal or incentive for those who make a purchase at the show. Also, make sure to follow up with guests after the show to remind them of any limited-time offers or to answer any questions they may have. Additionally, providing excellent customer service and building relationships with your guests can also lead to repeat sales and referrals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
  • ccmahaffey
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • erinpcmorgan