• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Book More Shows During the Slow Season?

In summary, the conversation discusses the stress of not having any bookings for the remainder of December and only one show for January. Suggestions are given for approaching potential hosts, such as hosting an open house, offering themed shows, and participating in craft shows or fairs. It is also advised to keep a positive attitude and to book more shows than needed to account for cancellations. Making customer care calls and asking for referrals are also suggested. The conversation ends with the reminder that even with a slump, things can pick up and to take time to relax and prepare for the holidays before focusing on the business again.
rubyladee
:eek: Ok, I'm stressing. I started out really good and now my bookings are starting to cancel. I now have nothing for the remainder of Dec. and only 1 show for Jan. I have absloutely no idea how I should go about approaching people I don't even know about a show. What should I do?:confused:

Are they cancelling and rescheduling or just cancelling? Are they potentially hosts later maybe in the Spring? If it's a timing thing get them to pencil in a spring date. Try craft shows or fairs in your area. Host an open house at your house. In early Jan do an open house and offer free shipping and pass out flyers to your neighbors email all your past customers and hosts and invite them. Once you get them there showcase the host benefits and offer a small free gift for booking or offer fun theme shows. Cooking with kids, healthy cooking, weight watchers, Super bowl half time shows, There are some fun themes if your look in in files on this site. Good luck!

Also find out if there are any bridal fairs in your area. Around here we always have several in January. That might get you some bookings.

Hi, RubylaDee...don't stress. Dec/January are some of the most difficult times for bookings. Weather, colds, family issues, unpredictability kind of go with the season.

Work with each hostess carefully, keeping upbeat and as positive as you can. Be sure to do great hostess coaching - be it live, phone calls, post cards, or some combination of the three. You can nudge your hosts along with reminders about everything they are going to get for free, but just know - some shows postpone, and some cancel alltogether.

The beauty of this business, is YOU decide how much you will work. Don't let a cancelled show mean you are 'unemployed for the week'. Book two shows close together, and you will still be OK if one cancels. The really successful people know, to have 4 shows in a month - book 6. To have 8 shows a month, book 10 or 11.

scottcooks said:
Hi, RubylaDee...don't stress. Dec/January are some of the most difficult times for bookings. Weather, colds, family issues, unpredictability kind of go with the season.

Work with each hostess carefully, keeping upbeat and as positive as you can. Be sure to do great hostess coaching - be it live, phone calls, post cards, or some combination of the three. You can nudge your hosts along with reminders about everything they are going to get for free, but just know - some shows postpone, and some cancel alltogether.

The beauty of this business, is YOU decide how much you will work. Don't let a cancelled show mean you are 'unemployed for the week'. Book two shows close together, and you will still be OK if one cancels. The really successful people know, to have 4 shows in a month - book 6. To have 8 shows a month, book 10 or 11.

I agree. Do you make customer care calls on a regular basis? Call up some guests who have placed orders recently (or bought cookware or stoneware) and see how they are enjoying their products. Then mention how great the specials are in the next couple of months & would like be interested in hearing about them. If they say no, ask them if THEY know someone who might be interested. Maybe you'll get some referrals to call!

Good luck! Just know that even with a slump in the business that things can still pick up. I went into my first January last year thinking I had all these shows & every single one cancelled (well, one turned into a catalog show, but the others cancelled--not even rescheduled). Slowly I had one show, then two & now I have 6 booked for January this year. Take the rest of the month to enjoy your family/relax/prepare for holidays & then start working your business after the holidays.

Related to How Can I Book More Shows During the Slow Season?

1. Why are my bookings being canceled?

There could be several reasons why your bookings are being canceled. It could be due to a scheduling conflict, a lack of interest from your guests, or an issue with the event location. We recommend reaching out to your guests to confirm their attendance and checking for any conflicts in your schedule.

2. Can I reschedule a canceled booking?

Yes, you can absolutely reschedule a canceled booking. Please contact your guests to find a new date and time that works for everyone. Once you have confirmed the new date, you can update the event details in your consultant dashboard.

3. Will I still receive credit for a canceled booking?

If a booking is canceled within 24 hours of the event, you will not receive credit for it. However, if the cancellation occurs more than 24 hours in advance, you will still receive credit for the event towards your sales and commission.

4. How can I prevent my bookings from getting canceled?

To prevent your bookings from getting canceled, make sure to communicate with your guests regularly and confirm their attendance. Also, try to schedule events at a convenient location and time for your guests. Additionally, offering incentives or promotions can help generate more interest and reduce the chances of cancellations.

5. What should I do if all of my bookings are getting canceled?

If you are experiencing a high number of canceled bookings, it may be helpful to reach out to your team leader or mentor for advice. They can provide you with tips and strategies to improve your booking success and reduce cancellations. Additionally, consider hosting online events or reaching out to new potential customers to diversify your bookings and reduce the impact of cancellations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • stefani2