• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host/recruit lead filling out a job app. tonight elsewhere

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I have a neighbor who lives 2 doors down. When we met she said she wanted to buy a stone. Then I gave her info and she said she thought about the business before. So I gave her biz info. Following up w/ her she said she wasn't sure if now was a good time. She's a realtor and was wanting to focus on that and step up her biz there. She said they couldn't afford the kit. I told her about the mini kit, host credit, earning back the money after just 3 shows, she still said no. But she wanted me to keep up with her and let her know of the deals and such to come.

Now, she is hosting a Power Cooking Kitchen show on Saturday. I host coached her so well, I was proud of myself for actually going through and touching on everything. I even brought up the business opportunity again. I reminded her about the kit credit and how any bookings I get could be hers to start her biz. She never really responded yea or nay to that. So I figured we are playing it by ear. See what kind of responses she gets from this hosting experience. Well, she didn't give me 40 names and I reminded her about inviting everyone, long distance and close. Friends, neighbors, co workers, etc.--gave her the 40 in 4 min. sheet. She had about 10 people that I mailed to and about 15 for the e-invitation.

Today she called and invited the kids and I over to play. While visiting, she said she only has 4 people coming. One outside order. I reassured her it's okay. I reminded her about making reminder calls and I offered to help her with those if she'd like.

When we were getting ready to go, her husband came home and she referenced the time and how she needed to get ready because she needed to get to a neighboring town to fill out a job application. She told me she's applying for a job as a front desk agent at a business.

So now what? I felt awkward. I didn't want to say, "Hey, what about PC?" I'm just wondering what is the best way to approach the subject on Saturday at her party. See, this is where I feel weird, because my hobby level status doesn't allow me to demonstrate first hand how the business can really help.

jcsmilez

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2007
I'd be excited for her and the opportunity, show interest in her job prospect as a desk clerk. Get a vibe from her as to whether or not she is pursuing that job just make money or if it is something she is really excited about and take it from there. No matter what her reason, PC can still be a viable job - part-time and in addition to this other job to supplement her income, or full-time if she's considering a job she may dread just because she needs the money. Who knows where Real Estate falls into the whole thing, it's a tough market right now and she may be wavering on that altogether. I affectionately refer to PC as the cement that fills in the cracks, offering financial stability in my life, it will be there no matter what and to whatever extent she desires to pursue it.

Heh, in the end if she gets that job AND does PC, what a great new circle of potential customers and hosts she will be encountering daily!

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I find that when somebody mentions applying for a job, it's almost a slap in the face to say "we're always hiring!" If they are applying for a job, it is because they need something steady. Even my director took years to make a profit!

kdangel518

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2009
I find that when somebody mentions applying for a job, it's almost a slap in the face to say "we're always hiring!" If they are applying for a job, it is because they need something steady. Even my director took years to make a profit!

Seriously? I made a profit in my first 4 months... Granted, not a HUGE one, but still! PC isn't an expensive biz to run, if you keep it simple, and keeping it simple works fine for me :chef:

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I made a "profit" in my first month too ... but by the end of the tax year, when I calculated mileage, books, and ESPECIALLY National Conference, I was in the hole big time.

Now that I'm keeping it simpler, I rarely make a profit. There is no way it could replace my existing job.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
there is no way pc could replace my existing job, either....but my director (who just recently moved on to something else after being in pc for 18 years) put 2 kids through college on pc. Also another consultant quite a executive position and she seemed to do just as well, of course she did tons of shows a month and was always in the top sell