• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kit Credit/New Recruit Question

In summary, Option 1 would have the host as the consultant, and the kit credit would be issued when she signs up online. Option 2 would have the host as the consultant, and the kit would not be issued.
makeawhisk
Hi Everyone!

I'm working with (potentially) my first new recruit, and she's close to signing. :D

I'm doing a show with her as the host on Saturday, but now that she's probably signing, I'm trying to work out what to do about her show. Here's what I see as the options:

1) I am the consultant at Saturday's show. She earns the Kit Credit to buy down her kit. We announce that she's starting in her business and ask people to help her get started by booking shows--she takes all the bookings.

2) She signs ASAP (tomorrow?) and she is the consultant at Saturday's show. I think I'd still have to do the recipe demo, I don't think she's 100% comfortable with that to just run with it on Saturday! I would've gone for support anyway. She collects the commission to offset her kit cost, plus earns all the host benefits and takes all of the bookings.

I have some questions about the logistics of these things, though. If we do option 1, how is the kit credit issued? Will I have that for her as soon as we close the show? Does it take time to process or something?

As long as we use my kit/supplies, we still have time for Option 2, right? She *might* not have her kit, but she'll have a consultant number and I could get her set up with P3 and everything, couldn't I?

Is there anything I should know about either option? I came back from NC energized to build a team (and so far so good! ha!) so I'm more interested in helping this friend start strong than in this month's commission check. I keep telling her that I benefit, and want to build a team, etc., but she feels guilty about "taking" the bookings from me, even. I'm not sure I can convince her to make Saturday's show her own, but it sure FEELS like that's the best way for her to start strong.

What advice do you all have for me?

For Option 1, my SIL just did this. You enter it in P3. She will get an email for the Kit Certificate. When she signs up online, there will be a question about if she has a Kit Credit, and for what amount. She also will need the show number. It takes about 2 days to process I believe.For Option 2, yes- she can sign right away and if you are doing the show, you'd use your kit. She likely wouldn't get her kit. But she will get her welcome email from PC in about 24 hrs. My SIL signed Saturday night, and had her email/number by yesterday afternoon...I was surprised being a weekend! Then you can set her up with P3 on her own computer (download from CC), or even set her up as a new user on YOUR P3, and enter the show in your computer's P3 (if for some reason you can't get her's working in time....but you don't HAVE to close a show immediately either, so that could be worked on.)And yes, I agree. That is the BEST way to start a business! Just keep telling her that she IS helping you. :D

I would see if she needs the discount on the kit. If not I would do option two and it is her intro show. Recruiters often do that to help. You can have her up there with you to help. Then at check out you do a couple of orders and then do some with her and then let her do the rest with you near by to help. Model the full service check out so she gets it right away. If she wants the credit or just really wants to observe the whole thing then do option one. The credit is put on her show (it's one of the choices under products she'll choose with her benefits) and once the show processes it will be available as she does the agreement. Usually in one to two days. If she does the agreement before it shows she just needs to wait and try again a little later.

I give my hosts the option - I tell them in advance that the kit credit is an option, or if they'd like to sign before, we can make their show their grand opening! It's their choice which they'd prefer to do. I've only ever had one take kit credit!

Option 2 gives her the best opportunity! She gets paid on it, gets the free products, gets training at the same time and will already be active this month! Give her a call tonight and discuss these options with her!

Looks like we're going with option #2... :D

YAY! Thanks everybody! :thumbup:

All of my recruits have gone with option #2. They make more on the paycheck than they would have saved with the Kit Credit.

If you have a starter box (or can get one from your upline or hospitality in the area), do that! Then she can use HER catalogs & order forms vs. using yours. Just make labels & have her put them on all her marketing items before handing them out.

Try to make it on-the-job training if you can. You really want HER to be seen as the consultant, not you. If they see HER as the consultant, they are less likely to have reservations about booking a show with her ... after all, if she just did it for her show, she can do it for THEIR show! ;) And it's good for her to practice on friends & family vs. strangers. They are usually more forgiving. If she messes up, she just needs to stress that she's a PAMPERED Chef, not a PERFECT Chef. :D It's all about the fun anyway, not perfection. :p

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your new recruit!!! :D

1. What is a kit credit?

A kit credit is a form of currency that can be earned or purchased in certain online games or virtual worlds. It is used to buy virtual items, such as clothing, accessories, or furniture, for your avatar or virtual home.

2. How do I earn a kit credit?

The methods for earning kit credits vary depending on the game or virtual world. Some may offer daily login bonuses, completing quests or challenges, or participating in events. Some games may also allow you to purchase kit credits with real money.

3. What can I use my kit credits for?

Kit credits can be used to purchase virtual items for your avatar or home, such as clothing, accessories, or furniture. Some games may also allow you to use kit credits to unlock special features or areas within the game.

4. Can I transfer kit credits to another player?

In most cases, kit credits are non-transferable and can only be used by the account that earned or purchased them. However, some games may allow for gifting of kit credits between players.

5. What is a new recruit question?

A new recruit question is a question that is asked during the recruitment process for a job, program, or organization. It is used to assess a candidate's qualifications, skills, and fit for the position or group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • SheCooks
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • hperschnick