• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Not Returning Calls of Emails

uh...kinda messed up and didn't get your guest list to you in a timely manner. If you don't mind, I am going to go ahead and try and get the guest list together and have them mailed to you as soon as possible. I will also include the party invitation so you can have them sent directly to the guests. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please let me know when would be a good time for you to call me back? I would really appreciate it! Hi Suzy! This is xxxx with PC. I am soo excited about your show on Sunday! We...uh...kinda messed up and didn't get your guest list to you in
toenail1103
Last week I did the 24 booking in 24 hours, didnt do too bad but I ahd a lady book for this Saturday 10/3. I mailed out her hostess pack, told her to get me her guest list asap so I can mail out the invites, added the party to my hostess and sent her the email and called to give her the password, I have heard nothing. Got nothing no guest list nothing. So here it is on thurday and I dont know if I have a party on Saturday. Do I just show up at the time we agreed thinking she took care of the invites by word of mouth.??? I have done everything I can think of to do. I am new my 90 days will be up on 10/05/09. Can anyone tell me what they would do??

Tennille :cry:

I had a host book a party for this Saturday this past Monday night... I told her to concentrate on getting the people there and I'd pick up the groceries so she could concentrate on people (We'll square up the grocery bill after the party.) She's expecting around 10 and I'm giving her until the 10th to finish collecting outside orders. With short notice, I wouldn't bother mailing invites... this is one for phone and email!

In your case, I'd call and email her again letting her know that if she doesn't return your call or email by (be very specific on time!), that you'll presume her party has been cancelled. If she needs to reschedule it (not good for your 90 days), please call back by (whatever time you mentioned above). She needs to realize it's a business, it's your business, and not think you'll be waiting around for her (even if you are).

well i didnt think it would be a problem to mail them out even up until yesterday because then they would be fresh in their minds. I guess I could go ahead and get the groceries for the recipe because if anything else I can make the South of the border meatloaf at home. I figured if I showed up I could always go shopping.. lol her house id by walmart which is 20 minutes away. I was so excited about getting 8 shows in my 90 days.

This happened to me a couple of months back. I called and left an email saying that if she doesn't respond by this time and date that I would assume her party was cancelled. I think her party was for Thurs. and I gave her until Wed. night to contact me. Never called so I never showed up. Good Luck.

I would call and leave her a message stating, "Hi Suzie Host! I am so excited for your show on Saturday night! I am just letting you know I will be arriving at your home at x:xx am/pm to get set up for your show. I can't wait to pamper you and your friends and family. See ya tomorrow!"

I can pretty much GUARANTEE you will get a phone call back when you leave a message like that. :D

I have done that before and it gets results. You will just hear of some emergency or sickness that is occurring (aka...I have dropped the ball and won't fess up to it) and that's "why" they haven't been able to call you back until now. :rolleyes:

Liquid Sky said:
I would call and leave her a message stating, "Hi Suzie Host! I am so excited for your show on Saturday night! I am just letting you know I will be arriving at your home at x:xx am/pm to get set up for your show. I can't wait to pamper you and your friends and family. See ya tomorrow!"

I can pretty much GUARANTEE you will get a phone call back when you leave a message like that. :D

I have done that before and it gets results. You will just hear of some emergency or sickness that is occurring (aka...I have dropped the ball and won't fess up to it) and that's "why" they haven't been able to call you back until now. :rolleyes:

This is my route. They call you back, trust me!

I took the 'Stop Cancellations Now' class at conference. If you can find the notes, it will probably explain exactly what is going on with this host. They don't want to let you down, they don't want to seem irresponsible. And when they miss deadines (getting you a guest list/invites out) that is how they feel. So, in your call/message I would try to add something like this:

Hi Suzy! This is xxxx with PC. I am soo excited about your show on Sunday! We are going to have a great time! Just to let you know, some of my best parties are the short notice ones. So, keep calling and inviting your friends. Even though they only have 2 days to decide, if they are free - they will come.
I'll be at your house at x:xx and we'll get your party started!!! Please give me a shout to let me know how those phone invites are going.

This gives her permission to not have been inviting yet and to just get to it tonight. Anyhow, I think it is RAE that has a great way with words. She might be able to word that just a little better. But you get the gist. :)
good luck!

Last edited:
Yes, call and leave the message that you WILL be showing up (instead of assuming the show has been cancelled).

In my first few months I had one of these hosts, too. I called and called. Then I figured she didn't want to do the show and didn't know how to say so. So then I called and made it sound OK if she cancelled (calling for bad weather, blah blah), if she would just call me back and let me know. Still nothing. So the day before the show, I left a message telling her since I had not heard from her, I was assuming the party was still ON - and that I would be at her house at XX time. She finally returned that call and cancelled.

So Tennille, what did you end up doing? Did you ever hear from the hostess?

Liquid Sky said:

I should have taken this approach. :) She probably would have called me back.

Yeah, what happened?

Well I left another message on Friday afternoon and left a message. So she called me back Saturday morning saying she never got her hostess packet, or the hostess email. I sent both out. Just like we discussed. So she decided to reschedule to the 18th. and we are going to meet to get the host packet. I dont think she did recieve my host email from my website because i looked tonight and the first one wasnt read. i dont think any of my host that I sent them to got them because none of them have been read. So to check it I made up a fake party under my daughters name and put in my personal email to see if I get it. But I dont understand why she didnt recieve the host packet I mailed it from the post office. I have my reciept for tax purposes. Sorry I wasnt on the computer this weekend i was babysitting my four nieces and nephews all weekend plus my daughter. Man was I glad for their mom and dad to get home. Thanks for all of the suggestion.

Sometimes the emails end up in spam, I have had that problem before. As far as the host packet, I am going to say she probably did get it and that is just her excuse!

I hope the next one works out! Who knows, it could have been a fluke!

I would put a delivery confirmation on it in the future. After all, it has catalogs, etc. in it and is worth your money to you!

toenail1103 said:
Well I left another message on Friday afternoon and left a message. So she called me back Saturday morning saying she never got her hostess packet, ... But I dont understand why she didnt recieve the host packet I mailed it from the post office.

One thing I have been doing for all my hosts is supplying them with labels for their postcards. It includes their name, address, and phone number. That way they don't have to write out this info on all the postcards. When I give them the packet at parties, I only give them 39 invitations. Then I print up the labels and mail it to them along with one postcard with their info label attached. I have the postcard addressed to me with a stamp and ask the host to mail it when she mails her other postcards. If I don't receive it in a reasonable amount of time from when her party is, I know I need to make an extra call. Seems to be working pretty well so far. :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!! I just got off the phone with her this morning and she says she just now recieved her host pack that i mailed out last week. Ok she got it. But she didnt get the email from my website with her host password on it. and that i believe for some reason my pws is not sending out them i made up a fake party with my personal email and i didnt get the email i sent sunday night.

I'd call Tech Support and let them know you're having problems with your PWS... (I'm presuming you either payed for the PC PWS or you qualified so you earned a 90-day free trial...).

OK - I ALWAYS seem to have problems with hosts getting any e-mails from my PWS. It seems that a lot of e-mail services, including my own at yahoo, do not allow for the large pictures to come through. Ihave sent many a "pretty cool" e-mail from PWS and never gotten one in my inbox or my spam box when I send them to myself. I don't even bother any more from there. As for the mail, well, I can not tell youhow many times I will get a host packet back a month or two later telling mne it was undelieveable. Funny too as the addresses have always been completely correct!! And here's a good one for you, I took a host package to the post office, they weighed it, put the stamp on it and it got returned because, get this -INSUFFIECENT POSTAGE!!! Then they wonder why they are in the hole! Now I always do second day with a receipt. They handle those much better when you have proof of what you mailed, when and what the time line for delivery had better be.

toenail1103 said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback!! I just got off the phone with her this morning and she says she just now recieved her host pack that i mailed out last week. Ok she got it. But she didnt get the email from my website with her host password on it. and that i believe for some reason my pws is not sending out them i made up a fake party with my personal email and i didnt get the email i sent sunday night.

I send everything priority. It gets there faster and the cost saves me versus regular mail. Did they send that packet as "Media Mail"? THat takes longer.

No she wighed it and sent it First class. that is what my reciept said. I called techinal support and he said there was no problem. hmm lets see 7 host including the fake one no one recieved their first email. I dont know if the pws will be worth it. I pulled it up and copied it and sent it out from my own email.

Copy someone from HO to get the email.

I'm so glad to know so many of us go through the same things! I had a host who wouldn't answer my calls or emails. I finally left a vm and email saying that if I didn't hear from her, I'd expect the party was still on and I'd be at her house tonight. Well, she didn't respond, and I DID show up. No, she didn't have a party. I drove 45 minutes one way to hear her say "I'm a flake" to my face. Wow.

toenail1103 said:
No she wighed it and sent it First class. that is what my reciept said. I called techinal support and he said there was no problem. hmm lets see 7 host including the fake one no one recieved their first email. I dont know if the pws will be worth it. I pulled it up and copied it and sent it out from my own email.

The PWS is worth it for OTHER things. I personally don't like to use it for my Shows for sending out invites- unless its the only way. The guest's just don't see them! Maybe 50/50 in my experience. Alot say they never got them (translation: Spam Folder ate them up).

It will pay off in other areas- like your contact info having hte URL on it- so customers can go to your site later. So don't give up on it completely.

update of the flake hostess, her resheduled date was tomorrow and I finally got a hold of her again today and she wants to turn it into a catalog show. It better be worth it lol.

AmyDare said:
I'm so glad to know so many of us go through the same things! I had a host who wouldn't answer my calls or emails. I finally left a vm and email saying that if I didn't hear from her, I'd expect the party was still on and I'd be at her house tonight. Well, she didn't respond, and I DID show up. No, she didn't have a party. I drove 45 minutes one way to hear her say "I'm a flake" to my face. Wow.

yes, that would be my concern so I wouldn't show unless I heard from the host. Some of my parties are over an hour away. If they are rude enough to not call back, they would be rude enough to not be home, or to not answer the door. oh well. luckily most hosts making up for the annoying ones.

AmyDare said:

Wow! I had a similar situation, but I didn't have to drive 45 minutes one way. I even had a host pretend that she wasn't her when I was talking to her. I just kept on talking like it was her and said what I needed to say. If you have them on the phone, keep them on the phone. Why can't they just be honest and say " I don't want to have a show"?????:confused:

1. Why is my host not returning my calls or emails?

It is possible that your host is busy and may not have had a chance to respond yet. Give them some time or try reaching out through a different method of communication.

2. What should I do if my host is not responding?

If your host is not responding, try reaching out through different methods of communication such as email, text, or social media. You can also try contacting their friends or family members to see if they can help relay the message.

3. How long should I wait before following up with my host?

It is recommended to wait at least 3-4 days before following up with your host. This allows them some time to respond and also shows that you respect their busy schedule.

4. What if my host is not interested in hosting a party anymore?

If your host is no longer interested in hosting a party, thank them for their time and let them know that they can still earn host rewards by placing a personal order or referring a friend to host a party.

5. Can I cancel a party if my host is not responding?

If your host is not responding and you are unable to confirm the party details, you can choose to cancel the party. However, it is recommended to try reaching out through different methods of communication before canceling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • RCKmom