• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Cancelled Show to Use Another Consultant

In summary, the host approached the consultant's mother and asked for the consultant's information because the mother knew the consultant was a consultant. The mother wanted to book a show for the end of January so she could get the extra benefits that come with being a consultant. The consultant told the host that she understood and that it was alright, but she was really frustrated because she didn't have enough time to book someone else for January. Since the host used to sell, the consultant thought the host would understand that it hurts her business when she cancels last minute. The host told the consultant that she would have to overbook in order to protect her commission. The consultant was angry because the regular customer who was invited to the show got to do
KennethandTiffany
I had a host approach my mother and ask for my info because she knew I was a consultant. She wanted to book a show for the end of January so she could get the extra benefits. She is actually a past consultant, so I thought her show would be great, since she really knows how to have a big show. Well, I think everything is going fine until I hear from her a week or so before her show, telling me that she needed to cancel. One of her friends decided to sign up and she felt like she needed to do a show for her instead. She said that she may try to do one for me in the spring. How would you handle this? I told her I understood and that it was alright, but I was really frustrated because I didn't have enough time to book someone else for January. Since she used to sell, I would think that she would understand that it hurts my business and my finances when you cancel last minute. I feel like she made a commitment to me and that she should have kept it. I am happy for her friend starting a new business, but I know that when I first signed, if someone I know already had a show planned BEFORE I signed that I wouldn't expect them to cancel and do one for me. I don't know....just needed to vent....and need some advice on how to keep this from happening in the future! HELP!!!

So SorryTiff- unfortunately you can't keep it from happening. The only thing you can do to ensure you don't take a hit to your commission is overbook. That way you are not counting on just her show. That stinks. However there really isn't a way to make a person keep their word. It is important to help her friend start her business. I don't think she will ever become a host for you. How will she explain this to her friend in the spring? Then she'll look like a traitor to her friend. With this one I think you just have to bless and release.

I'm sorry this happened. But keep your chin up and OVERBOOk!! ;)

I have had that happen before!! Well... very similar anyways..
:eek:
I had a show out of town and drove quite a ways to get there, only 3 people came to the show. But one of the ladies there was very excited after the show, and booked a cooking show (It was the hosts sister).
She was very excited also because she was a well known person in town (She owns a store in a Small town) and knew hundreds of people and was pretty sure that she could get 30 or 40 people to this show... if not even more. so needless to say... I was pretty excited to!! (She said she had another type of party about a year before and had 35 people in attendance)
The show was booked for only 2 1/2 weeks after the one she booked it from which i thought was GREAT!! I got home and immediately ordered catalogues, door prizes, etc, to be ready for this great big show.
3 days later, the lady called me and said that she decided to have the show with another consultant because she was asking all of her regular customers who came into the store if they would like to come to the show, and one of them just happened to say "Well Im a Pampered Chef Consultant, i could have done a show for you!"
So, MY host told me that because this lady was such a good customer of hers, she felt obligated to have her do the show for her.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? So this person was a regular customer at that store, but never once mentioned that she was a PC consultant until she was invited to a show, and then hits the jackpot by doing absolutely NOTHING.
I basically did the work and the coaching and the other consultant got the prize!
My original host was very embarrased and angry with her sister for doing that, but of course with me trying to be "business like" told her to get over it as I would have to.
It was about 2 years ago, and everytime I think about it I get steamed!!
But if I were that consultant, I would have NEVER asked, or let the host cancel her party with another consultant to go through me, I would have realised that when you snooze.. you lose, and its her own fault for not letting people know about her business! well... I guess it worked out well for her that time!

Speechless!:eek: I don't even know how to reply to that. That is horrible!

Its HIDEOUS!!
See why it still bugs me??

Me tooA friend not a close one and no longer a friend ! knew i had signed to do PC had asked me all about it blah blah blah. Two weeks later i get a invite in the mail she was having a PC show with another consultant !!~ Then invited me ! HELLO !!! So needless to say i didnt go, i then hear she signed with the lady !! I couldnt believe it ! So i called her and asked her why would you use a complete stranger to do a show when you know it is what i do and then sign under her to be a consultant ! Her answer......... well she is good at this she went to conference and earned a trip....... i said yeah so i have only been doing this 5 months, no matter how good she is it isnt going to help you.. you have to do this yourself she isnt going to get you bookings that is up to you to do. Well she ended up having 2 shows and the last show she did she kept the money for herself and never ordered the peoples products !!! So thank god she didnt sign under me !! I no longer talk to her , she is a bad person !!

That happens at some time to most of us - I had a home office lead that did that - kept putting off our party and then did it with someone else.

Just be nice and tell them that you would love to work with them in the future.

I had a guest who said that she had a friend who was a consultant and placed a small order on the party she was at. I told her "Great! I wish your friend the best and I hope she is very successful. If she ever decides to stop doing PC remember me." 6 months later she called and booked a show - her friend had life happen and couldn't do PC any more.

You never know.

D_Patel said:
Well she ended up having 2 shows and the last show she did she kept the money for herself and never ordered the peoples products !!! So thank god she didnt sign under me !! I no longer talk to her , she is a bad person !!

:eek: :eek: :eek: (speechless)

what's ethical?So, you shouldn't do a show for someone if you know they know someone else who sales? I'm wondering where the line is drawn. I've done a show for someone who's neighbor 3 doors down sells PC. I knew there was another consultant on her street but didn't care and did that show with no guilt.

Another lady booked a fundraiser with me and later I found out that she teaches a class with a consultant. She went with me just to help me out cause I was new. Should I have said, "oh, no, do the show with her. You know her better."

I don't want to be the "bad" consultant stealing other people's shows but at the same time some of you sound mad that the other consultant took advantage of the host's willingness to change. That "good customer" may not have asked her to have a show - the store owner may have initiated it. In my few short months, I have found so many people book shows and then when they get home, look at their calendar, talk to their friends, etc. they change their minds for multiple reasons. Yes, it's frustrating but the key is to get to them before someone else does and move on when you "lose."

BEE

No Bee, you did nothing to step on anyone's toes.
#1, if a customer wants you to do it, it is his/her prerogative.
#2, you did nothing wrong by asking for a show/fundraiser. The other consultant did by not asking. What is one of our mottos?...Just ask!
#3, you are not deliberately trying to "steal" customers from another consultant by going behind their back or anything.
I would say that the majority of us use good judgement and act ethically (but then don't get me started on the whole National & Leadership conference subject again), but now I'm rambling. Bottom line, we all do what we think is right. We have to live with it.

If I had a show with someone who's neighbor down the street was a consultant, I probably wouldnt feel guilty either. Obviously that consultant has not tryed to have her neighbor book a show. So.... "you snooze you loose".
However, if I were that consultant (The regular customer at the store) and KNEW that the lady had already booked with someone else and even if the host suggesated to switch to me for a consultant, I would have refused (Ive done it before) And told her that it is unethical for me to take a confirmed booking from another consultant, and maybe she can book her NEXT show with me IF SHE WANTS.

Same with recruiting, I have asked everyone who i have ever had an recriting interview with, if they have been working with anyone else regarding starting the PC business. I had one lady tell me she had about 3 months before. So I asked her why she didnt join then and if she has a way of contacting that consultant now. She said that the consultant was new at the time and no longer doing PC but that the other consltant had done the interview and everything with her once before, but it wasn't the right time for her.( I guess it was a relative of hers).
If that consultant had still been active and had gone through all those motions with her, I would have gotten her to get hold of that consultant, Part of my training when I started had to do with that, and they told us to always ask just to clarify that no one else has been working with her, and now she's just signing up with whoever the next person was to ask her about it. Some people don't realise that it actually matters to the consultant who they join PC through.

But just because they "know" another consultant, doesn't mean that that consultant has spent any time working with them to acheive a booking or anything.

Cancelled show!!That's horrible but that's life!! Some women are very inconsiderate and once their mind is set about doing something, they do it. So the least she can do is give you a lead. Tell her you bought stuff for the show to prepare and since she only gave you 2 weeks notice you weren't able to book another show. Let her know it was wrong by telling her this. As a past consultant she knows it is wrong and mean!! I'm sure she thinks it's ok cause she's helping a friend but it is really not very nice to you.
True business can be tough at times but we need to be sure to let people know we are running a business not some cheap second hand line of products out of our trunk that we can pack and unpack for shows on a whim. Ok I got to vent. That was cruel! But yes we have to get over it.
And on a lighter note. I do fun games and extra prizes besides the cheap citrus peeler as gifts at my shows so I "stole" some past hosts from my recruiter and even my director. My director only because she was doing shows for ladies at my church before I started attending church there. They found her online since they didn't know a PC consultant. I have never had any friends cancel on other consultants to do shows for me. I would never allow that. But I have taken their business with blessings from my director. My recruiter is now in another state- military family!!
Debbie

Then there are these people....One of the customers at my last party had a $900 PC show 3 weeks before with another Consultant. She still ordered off me and we are in the process of setting up a Fundraiser!! She said that her other lady does not do fundraisers.. :confused: This will be my first and i am nervious, but like you all said "you snooze you loose" lol

DebbieSAChef said:
I do fun games and extra prizes besides the cheap citrus peeler as gifts at my shows so I "stole" some past hosts from my recruiter and even my director. My director only because she was doing shows for ladies at my church before I started attending church there. They found her online since they didn't know a PC consultant. I have never had any friends cancel on other consultants to do shows for me. I would never allow that. But I have taken their business with blessings from my director. My recruiter is now in another state- military family!!
Debbie
If my recruit is a good friend or relative of a host that has a show scheduled with me I always give her the show (or at least offer it). The host is not going to do much for me once they know their friend/relative is a consultant anyway and may even cancel so it's just better to give it to her. No mixed feelings that way.

As far as taking orders is concerned. If someone attends a party or calls a consultant to place an order you should never feel guilty taking that order no matter who they know that sells. The customer chose to order with you that particular day - whether it's to help their friend or for whatever reason. I don't know how many times I've heard "my friend, Mary Consultant, will kill me if she knows I ordered from someone else." I always respond with: "I understand but don't feel bad. I never care if my friends or family order at a party - they're helping their friend out too - and I bet your friend feels the same way!"

Don't feel like you're stealing YOUR friends from anyone. Directors want their team to succeed!

I had a very similiar thing happen to me.My neighbor who knows I do PC did 2 shows for me.I asked her in Dec if she ould like to do another one she said no due to kids sports events and such.I drove by on the way home last month to find another consultant doing a show for her.I confronted both of them about this.My neighbor said I didn't know you were still doing it and the other consultant said I was told you quit.I was so mad I could spit nails.The consultant that did the show lives right down the street from me.We all see eachother every single day at school picking up our kids.They couldn't even ask me to my face.
:mad:

jm2003 said:
I had a very similiar thing happen to me.My neighbor who knows I do PC did 2 shows for me.I asked her in Dec if she ould like to do another one she said no due to kids sports events and such.I drove by on the way home last month to find another consultant doing a show for her.I confronted both of them about this.My neighbor said I didn't know you were still doing it and the other consultant said I was told you quit.I was so mad I could spit nails.The consultant that did the show lives right down the street from me.We all see eachother every single day at school picking up our kids.They couldn't even ask me to my face.
:mad:

This is awful, but did you get support from your recruiter/director on this? I am thinking that it is situations like these that are discouraging for PC recruits. Pls share. :)

pastrychef said:
This is awful, but did you get support from your recruiter/director on this? I am thinking that it is situations like these that are discouraging for PC recruits. Pls share. :)

My recruiter is no longer with PC.As for my director her feelings are that it is free game for anyone who can get a booking!

QuestionOk, I'm new here so I have a question. I've read this entire thread and I'm just curious to know if you all ask your host when you go to book a show or even when you drop off catalogs to random people (bank teller, etc) if they are working with a PC consultant or no? I've found (in my VERY limited experience) that when you drop off a catalog or talk to someone about booking a show, you really need to get to your point and move on or I get that finger tapping on watch body language from them. Am I coming across wrong? In all practicality do you have time to ask if they already have a PC consultant? Just wanting the real life facts about this kind of thing.

Thanks!!
~Kristen ;)

How depressing...it must be to think you have a Cooking Show wrapped up and order products and get prepared only to have it fall out from under you. I'm sorry this happened to you! That is really mean.

My little "annoyance" is not that serious. When I started PC a year and a half ago I invited the people I work with to an Open House I was having. This one man came back to me and told me that he had mentioned it to his wife, but she works with someone who is a PC consultant, and so when they wanted Pampered Chef products they were ordering from her instead. I wanted to say, "Oh, is she having an Open House this weekend, too?" I can understand only booking a show with one person, but only ordering products from one person seemed a little odd under the circumstances, but oh, well. (I've read that if you can just learn to say "Oh, well" it will pretty much get you through life) The annoying part is that every so often he will come to me and say something like "My wife really likes that Pampered Chef ice cream scoop, and she wanted to order one, so last weekend we did with this friend of hers who sells Pampered Chef, too." After having this happen several times, I have to almost bite my tongue to keep from saying, "So why are you telling ME this? You're point is...??" Oh, well. The last time he did this he was telling me about a problem with something they had just ordered, and I did say, "Well, don't tell ME about it. Take it back to your friend you ordered it from." Sorry. Oh, well.

Ruth Mescher
Manning, IA

That was a rude thing to say!"Well, don't tell ME about it. Take it back to your friend you bought it from." Ruth, that was a RUDE and unprofessional thing to say to a customer...even if he wasn't "your" customer! Did you ever think that maybe there are some people out there who only order from you and wouldn't consider ordering from anyone else? You probably didn't tell them to do that...but they may be faithful to you! When one of my customers tells me "Don't be mad, I bought such and such at show last week." I say, jokingly, "It's okay, you are allowed to order from other people, let me know if you have any questions about it!" I know several people who only order from their sister/friend/co-worker. When they come to me, again and again, to mention a product that they just got, I SHARE their excitement! "You got the ice cream scoop? I LOVE that thing! Be sure you don't put it in the dishwasher though, okay?" They know that I am excited about the products and the company, not just MY bottom line...and they will remember that. What if that other consultant goes out of business? Do you think that Mr. Ice Cream Scoop is going to be anxious to be a customer of yours after you were rude to him? I wouldn't be if I were him.

OopsI think we have all stole shows before...sometimes not being aware that we are doing so. I have a past customer who came to my show tonight. The first thing she said was "don't be mad at me, I booked a show with..." I told her I wasn't mad that she could do a show with whomever she wanted. Well she went on to tell me that she really wants me to do the show because I am much more fun than this other consultant :p but the person she booked the show with (MY DIRECTOR) told her that in order for the host to get credit, she would have to do a show with her. I, of course, being the soft spoken :rolleyes: person I am proceeded to tell her that was not the case. She then wanted to put a show on my calendar, I told her that was up to her.

Well, to make a long story short...I stole the show from my director. :eek: Now my question is...how do I approach her and tell her? We have a good working relationship and often travel to conferences together so I want to tell her tactfully. Any suggestions?

Honesty is the best policy!Just be honest with your director. Director's are more than happy to see us succeed at our goals and with our businesses even if it means stealing their shows! That shows you are doing a great job and she would be proud. I stole a show from my director and I told her. She didn't get upset, she just laughed and said good for you!! She makes so much money one show taken from her really didn't mean that much. She was glad that I was really getting out ther working hard to try to get my goals reached!!
My director is awesome!! And even if the lady was booked by her and then cancelled to do a show for me, she would be happy for me. Especially when I tell her that I am working really hard to try to reach the goals I have set for myself (like earning at least $500 a month with only 4 or less shows booked a month, earning all the new cookware, and trying to out sell all my cluster!) and she has those goals on paper that she keeps to remind us of our goals and that we need to work harder.
Debbie

Competition is everywhere!I think there is nothing wrong with stealing shows. I personally do my best at every show, make it fun and offer as much customer service as I possibly can even if the item the are having problems with was not ordered from me. As PC consultants there will always be competition unless you live in a small town that has no consultants. That is a gold mine, and I just found one last week.
Anyway my recruiter did boring shows. And that's not mean it was the truth, she always made the same recipes, she gave cheap prizes for the end of the show drawing slips and had a monotone voice. I'm sorry but people who know about PC and love it, will not get excited for a citrus peeler no matter how much you want them to.
I'm not saying break the bank but come on, let's be fair. The door prizes are cheap and they are good items such as the bamboo tongs, the mini serving spatulas, and the mini whippers to name a few.
She eventually moved away from my town being in the military, but I stole alot of her customers before she moved. They told me that her shows were boring and they wanted to try new recipes and play games!!
Also if I found out someone did a show with someone else or ordered from someone else, that just means I have to work harder to keep my customers and make them happy. Of course there will be times when you will hear that someone has a consultant or about a family member who sells the stuff, but
will it really affect our business if we are really doing our best.
NO! It shouldn't! And I agree with someone on here who said that it is rude to not want to help someone who didn't purchase the product from you, remember you are representing ALL of us, not just yourself and you never know when something might happen to make you their favorite Consultant!!!
Debbie

Of course, you're right!And as soon as it was out of my mouth I felt bad about it. But I've always been nice to him, even went out of my way to give him a ride home when we closed down early one day when the computers were down, and I really don't care that they order from someone else. It's just that about every couple of months he comes and makes a point of telling me that they ordered something from their friend, and I've never said anything negative about it. The day he told me this I had other worries on my mind, but you're right, it wasn't very professional.

DebbieSAChef said:
I think there is nothing wrong with stealing shows.
Debbie

You don't think it's wrong to steal a show? I don't understand that reasoning.
I had a friend who quit the business because she had consultants who went around to her hostesses & got them to cancel their show with her but hold the show on the same date with them. I think that is horrible. If someone books a show, I think it's unethical for another consultant to get them to switch to them. I could never do that & wouldn't trust someone who did business that way.

I dont think it is right what that other consultant did by going around and having them cancel with that one hostess just for them to do a show on the same day but If someone came up to you and asked you to host a show with them and they wanted to cancel with thier other consultant then it is up to them. I also wouldnt mind it if one of my customers purchased an order off of another show. I was actually shocked when I was closing a show yesterday when my hostess told me that a PC consultant placed an order on my show.

Wow! what comes around goes around! Stealing shows is pretty low. How would you feel if that was done to you? You have already put this person on your calendar, possibly given them the hostess packet. And then another consultant agrees to do her show because she has been told she is more fun than you! So much for being a team! :confused:

luvs2sellit said:
Wow! what comes around goes around! Stealing shows is pretty low. How would you feel if that was done to you? You have already put this person on your calendar, possibly given them the hostess packet. And then another consultant agrees to do her show because she has been told she is more fun than you! So much for being a team! :confused:

Ok, call me mean, and the karma police will come back to bite me in the butt, however, it is the customer's choice who they want to have do a show. If Hellmart overcharges me repeatedly, it is my choice to shop elsewhere. If a consultant isn't doing what I like, or makes me uncomfortable, or whatever, I just don't like the person for whatever reason, that's my choice. I can have someone else do my show.
That's not to say I advocate stealing shows, going out and actively searching for people to have them cancel already booked shows, and I will do them the same night- not at all. That's completely mean and unethical. But, if Jamie Host has a better time with Susie Consultant than Tammy Consultant, really, it's the customer's choice of who she wants.
Just my 2 cents. :)
sorry if I offended anyone- not my intention at all!

No offense taken. And I completely agree that it is up to the host. I just don't like the idea of other consultants not feeling any quilt about taking others shows that are already on the books. We all work hard for our bookings and to take a show that you know has already been booked by another is wrong in my book. I don't care how fun you are. I am assuming we all try to be fun and have a good time. You might get that show but it will come back and like you said " bite you in the butt". If I have done a show for someone and they don't like the way I do things, more power to them to move on.

Last edited:
I COMPLETELY agree with you that I don't like it when consultants don't feel any guilt about taking other's shows. I agree, that we do work hard for our bookings, I would love it if the bookings fairy dropped 8 in my lap every month! (She's the cousin of the "accident fairy" you see if you look real hard at accidents on the expressway!)
I think we're agreeing on the principle, but we're looking at it two different ways. I would never, EVER knowingly steal a show from another consultant. In fact, I'd be the one to be like, well... why don't you stick with her, give her another chance- basically talk her into keeping it with the original consultant. If the other consultant gives it up, that's a whole other can of worms!!! (And one that I'm NOT opening!!)

I personally think if a host has already agreed to do a show with a certain consultant and set a date and has the host packet and everything, I think they should do the show with that consultant. If they want to use another consultant after that more power to them but at least keep up your end of the bargain if the consultant has been spending their time and energy planning for your show. Now if I've already done a show for you and you want to switch to a different consultant by all means go right ahead. Thats whats great about pampered chef vs. mary kay or something like that, our customers don't have to feel like they have to just order through us or hold their shows with the same consultant all the time. I do draw the line though if a host has already scheduled a show with a consultant and then cancels on them to do the show with a different consultant even on the same day. Come on now, you have to admit that is rude and you would be hurt if you were that consultant.

luvs2sellit said:

Wow, I did not expect this type of response. :eek:

I am very much a team player; however, when someone is told the wrong information so they will book a show...I think that is dishonest and wrong. This person has been my customer for over 2 years and has wanted to do a show for about a year...she was waiting to move into her new house. Well, she wanted to help the host out by booking a show and was told that the show would have to be held with that consultant to get the credit...a load of bull! Talk about being a team player??? Does a team player lie to customers to get their bookings? I think not. Maybe my customer misunderstood her, but the point is...THIS CUSTOMER WANTED TO HAVE A SHOW WITH ME AND APPROACHED ME. I did not go running to her trying to steal a booking and I take offense to the incinuation that I did. :mad:

beepampered said:
So, you shouldn't do a show for someone if you know they know someone else who sales? I'm wondering where the line is drawn.
The line is drawn by our own consciences.

If I know that a person has already booked a show...I wouldn't interfere. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to get him/her to do another show down the road with me.

Just because a person knows someone or lives near someone or is related to someone who is a PC Consultant doesn't mean I'm not going to ask.

The differences might be subtle, but in my mind they are different.

SemanticsA lot of this conversation comes down to semantics. I would not want to knowingly STEAL a show or customer from someone. Having a customer make the CHOICE to use you as their consultant is a completely different thing though! Can we all at least agree on that? Stealing is deliberately going after someone elses show...that is bad. If you do a good show and someone CHOOSES you...that is good for you...even if the other consultant is disappointed. I once got a call from a customer and she was telling me that her friends PC consultant was slacking off and hadn't done something that she said she would. Now what should I do in that situation? I said that I would be happy to help her...then I found out that the slacking consultant was ME!!! I had not followed up with this one gal...so if she would have found another consultant...my bad...lesson learned. Since then, I have repaired that relationship using HONESTY AND INTEGRITY. Honestly admitting that I didn't do right by her...and then making good on it. Anyone could have STOLEN that gal at that time....and it wouldn't have been stealing.

The good, the bad and the uglyDoing a show for someone who knows someone else is fine if the customer/host says yes and IF THEY HAVE NOT ALREADY BOOKED WITH SOMEONE ELSE! We don't have territories but we should be a little considerate. If I talk to someone and they book a show with me and I find out they already knew someone else I may ask why. (they may not like or trust that person) but I would never try to steel a show that was already booked with someone else. It's like when I find out someone is interested in trying TPC, the first thing I ask is if they are already working with another consultant. I can get enough of my own business.

Well said ladies! All I was trying to say was to be courteous of others and treat them how you would want to be treated. I would never expect my business to be blessed if I knowingly took shows from other consultants.

Whoa!I started this thread because I was frustrated and wanted to know if anyone else had any thoughts on how to keep this from happening in the future. My hostess wanted to book with me, approached my mother actually. Then she cancelled bc her friend had starting selling and she wanted to do her show instead. I understand helping out a friend, but I am just the kind of person that feels like a commitment is a commitment, you are giving your word. She was a past consultant and I thought she would understand that. I have NO problem whatsoever with a customer using another consultant. It's like McD's getting offended because when I was at the mall I ate there instead of waiting to eat at the one by my house. We all run our business differently, some of us are more fun, some of us play games, some of us give out more freebies, etc. We should be supporting each other and helping each others businesses grow, if that means letting your repeat customers use someone else, then so be it. They don't belong to you! Just like in the regular marketplace, businesses adjust prices and services to "win" more patrons. I think that's fine, if you work hard enough and people like the way you do your business enough to change consultants, you didn't steal them, you earned it! I think the previous post about the consultant who found out she was the slacker was the best example! If you lose a repeat customer, there just may be a reason why! Sometimes when you start to lose business, it's a great time to step back and re-evaluate how you do things. It's not that you're doing it wrong, but sometimes we get stuck in a rut, take the time to breathe and have fun! That's what guests like, FUN! If you aren't having fun, they won't be, trust me! I worked in food service for what seems like eons, and I can tell you when I was having fun, my guests were too and my tips definitely reflected that. Just smiling at someone and being genuines can make all of the difference! Happiness and laughter are contagious, but so are bad attitudes! :)

It may not have happened if...The person who bboked from had NOT been a past consultant. Sounds rude of me but I have had encounters with EX-consultants, I always wonder why the EX part after meeting them, That are a total pain in the you know what.
I have never met 3 more all knowing, lets tell the person thinking about order this that it is an awful product, and that the consutlant did not demo that correctly, (I heard this as I was taking orders about the Food Chopper, apparently this ex-consultant ALWAYS used the rubber lid to chop on.)
But you can take that as you will. FREE WILL folks. We have no control over it. A host is gonna do what a host is gonna do. I had a lady call me one week before her show. She wanted me to do her show that same day as she already had the invites out, catalog orders and what not all set. I asked her why. Now I ask, is this stealing or saving a life? She had gotten so P.O'd at the consultant she wanted to kill her.
So where do we draw the line. I did the show!

inspirationperhaps your great show just pushed someone over the edge. Maybe they were seriously considering joining and just needed to see how another show was done before deciding....BEE

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies