• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got any new ideas for homemade frozen pizzas?

In summary, Pizza is a family tradition for many people and there are many ideas for recipes, toppings and sauces. Some suggestions are Boboli or Chef Boyardee kits, Canadian bacon and pineapple, Oven Rise Frozen Pizza Dough, Marinated cooked acorn squash with feta and sage, Goat cheese and turkey bacon, Zucchini-roni, Buffalo chicken or vegetarian alternative, White sauce and all kinds of veggies, Calzones, Hot pockets, Stromboli, Chicken
okay...I am not a bread eater, so I don't like deep dish pizza. I like thin and crispy. Anyone know how to make a think and crispy type crust? All of the pre-made ones are deep dish. I can't get the canned pizza crust thin enough. any suggestions?

Lavosh is an excellent base for thin crust pizza for those who don't want to mess around with dough. It is available in most grocery stores where one would find special Kosher and Jewish cooking ingredients.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
We had a supreme and amazing pizza night tonight!!! The boys ranted and raved and my husband was sooo and happy. I made the Cathy special with pesto and artichoke hearts on whole wheat sourdough crust! Thanks for the "mom- you're the bestestt cooker ever!" from my 5 yr old. Like music to my soul! I also made the Little Cesars' pizza sauce! My husband-- an official addict of the crazy bread sauce was quite pleased, he kept saying it tasted just like the real stuff. Cool. Good recipes, great friends. I love you guys!!;)
I have some great ammo for the next few weeks. Keep the recipes coming and I will as well! I think I might just suggest this as a power cooking option. Wouldn't that be fun for a host? Make one, leave two in your freezer!:cool:
Yay! So you loved it or what!!!????!!! Isn't it soooo good! I made the 3 cheese garden pizza again tonight for a show and it was fabulous, you have to make that one next week!!! I am going to be picking up some of the wheat pastry flour this weekend and make a few things this week. I might have to wander on over to the sourdough bread thread and make some of that sourdough wheat! Cause that sounds yummy! And I'm so glad that you shared that about your 5 year old's comment about being the best cooker!! I love those statements! My kids always say when they are eating a treat that I made "you can tell this is mama made!" They say they can just tell, cause "everything taste more special when Mom makes it~!" My son says he can taste my love! Awwwww, you got to love your kids!:love:
Hey Stephanie I have a question??? How old is your other son and what are their names?

And back to the pizzas, I also can't wait to try those sauces too!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Lavosh is an excellent base for thin crust pizza for those who don't want to mess around with dough. It is available in most grocery stores where one would find special Kosher and Jewish cooking ingredients.

Again!! What a great addition to this board that you are, my friend! I just want to go be like a sponge and suck up your knowledge! You fasinate me with all that you know! ;) :D :) :balloon: Thank you for spreading your knowledge and at my house we would say.... "thanks for spreading the love!!!!:love: :love: ;)

Last edited:
Yes! Love the pizza! Made it for the fam... had dinner and rushed off to a show! Power cooking again! Gotta love it!
My son's, the lights of my life and pure gifts from God-- Samuel:angel: . Age 8. Talks a blue steak until my head hurts. Dad says he gets that from his mother. I think he gets his goofyness from dad!:yuck: Luke is my 5 yr old. Such a doll-- quiet and thoughtful. Night and day, but totally brothers!

Loved reading all of this! Such great recipes from great moms and chefs!
Here is my super pizza dough recipe:
Buttermilk Thin Crust Crust Dough
1 tsp. active dry yeast
2 c. Bread Flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbls. Olive oil or Garlic oil
3/4 cup lukewarm buttermilk

Put in Bread Machine and process on dough setting.
This can be a thin or thick dough depending on your pan size. It is delicious.
Also, the best flour in the world is King Arthur Flour, their bread flour is higher in gluten and the absolute best flour you can buy for bread baking, etc...:)

My recipe is from a book entitled "The Best Pizza is Made at Home"
Nitty Gritty Cookbooks by Donna Rathmell German.
Enjoy!:love:

Thanks zmom58! The more recipes the happier we are! :thumbup:

Stephanie....

I made your white sauce for my pizza the other night...so good! I added some hot sauce and lots of pepper. Still seemed like it was missing some sort of a "kick" that I get from restaurant white sauces. Any other ideas to give it some extra flavor? I was thinking maybe sauteeing some onions along with the garlic next time.

BTW- it makes a SUPER mac-n-cheese sauce! I had some cheese tortalini and added the leftover sauce to that. YUM!

Kelly, I didn't check this thread and missed this question...Sorry. You can saute some onions at the beginning, add a bay leaf, a grating of fresh nutmeg, fresh cracked pepper in abundance added tabasco (don't go too crazy with hot sauce and cream because it is vinegar based and may curdle it-- add like 1/8tsp baking soda to counter this acid if you really like hot sauce). A lot of times if you want a spicy garlic sauce you can add the garlic at the end and not saute it. It will keep a good kick! I use this all the time with mac and cheese. Side note, I don't use a lot of cheese because I have a bit of an allergy. So, yea if you want a lot of cheddar or something you can add it. I wouldn't add it until the end or it can get a pretty grainy texture. I usually take it off the heat and then add the cheese to keep it smooth.

Here is the recipe I use almost every week, it's really easy and doesn't take hours to rise.

I will sometimes buy the reduced produce at the market, take it home, cut it up and freeze it in ziplocks.The veggies aren't rotten :yuck: they just may be not perfect anymore, maybe some wrinkles in the skin or peppers that are a little on the softer side.

Then on pizza night i can just grab whatever toppings from the freezer and throw them on.

Attachments

• CALIFORNIA STYLE PIZZA DOUGH.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 316
Hey, I had to revisit this thread. One of my new recruits called me and asked me where in the store to buy pizza crust and I smiled to myself. Thought I would bump this thread up so she could get some ideas without having to tell her how to find it. It is amazing to me that this business has brought her to me! Really! It has been fun to get her perspective on things (as one who doesn't consider herself a cook and is still willing to jump in and sell!). Any new pizza ideas since we last spoke ladies? We had the mole chicken pizza a week or so ago. I liked it, but used the store bought variety of mole sauce down here. I made the crust with some added cornmeal and it was awesome! Froze some, and am getting ready to bust it out. Any more grand yummyness? I am thinking of doing some kind of fajita pizza using salsa verde as the base. DH has found a new love in green salsa. So, that is our latest experiment. I think the avocado lime sauce that goes on the family size burrito would be excellent squeezed all over the top after it cooks. Hmmm. We'll let you know what the verdict is!

<h2>1. How do I make homemade frozen pizzas that are just as good as fresh?</h2><p>One key tip is to make sure you fully pre-bake your crust before adding toppings. This will prevent a soggy crust when reheating. Also, try using a pizza stone or baking steel for a crispy crust.</p><h2>2. Can I make a large batch of frozen pizzas at once?</h2><p>Yes, you can make multiple pizzas at once and freeze them for later. Just be sure to wrap each pizza individually in plastic wrap or foil before placing them in the freezer.</p><h2>3. How long can frozen pizzas be stored before they go bad?</h2><p>Frozen pizzas can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. After that, they may start to lose their quality and taste.</p><h2>4. Are there any toppings that don't freeze well on pizzas?</h2><p>Some toppings, like fresh herbs, may not freeze well and can become wilted or lose their flavor. It's best to stick to toppings that are more hearty and can withstand freezing, such as meats and vegetables.</p><h2>5. Can I use pre-made crusts for homemade frozen pizzas?</h2><p>Absolutely! Using pre-made crusts can save time and still result in a delicious pizza. Just make sure to follow the directions for pre-baking the crust before adding toppings.</p>

1. How do I make homemade frozen pizzas that are just as good as fresh?

One key tip is to make sure you fully pre-bake your crust before adding toppings. This will prevent a soggy crust when reheating. Also, try using a pizza stone or baking steel for a crispy crust.

2. Can I make a large batch of frozen pizzas at once?

Yes, you can make multiple pizzas at once and freeze them for later. Just be sure to wrap each pizza individually in plastic wrap or foil before placing them in the freezer.

3. How long can frozen pizzas be stored before they go bad?

Frozen pizzas can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. After that, they may start to lose their quality and taste.

4. Are there any toppings that don't freeze well on pizzas?

Some toppings, like fresh herbs, may not freeze well and can become wilted or lose their flavor. It's best to stick to toppings that are more hearty and can withstand freezing, such as meats and vegetables.

5. Can I use pre-made crusts for homemade frozen pizzas?

Absolutely! Using pre-made crusts can save time and still result in a delicious pizza. Just make sure to follow the directions for pre-baking the crust before adding toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kdangel518