• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Cat Treat Recipes | Perfect for Pet Fundraisers!

In summary, recipes for cat treats often include ingredients like canned tuna, chicken, salmon, eggs, flour, and catnip. You can also use ingredients like pumpkin, sweet potato, and oats. It is safe to substitute ingredients in these recipes, but keep in mind that it may change the texture and taste of the treats. Homemade cat treats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, or frozen for longer storage. There are also recipes available for cats with dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or grain-free treats. While it is recommended to use ingredients specifically made for cats, some human-grade ingredients can be used in moderation. Always consult with your veterinarian if unsure about a specific ingredient.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Does anyone have homemade recipes for cat treats? I see there are some files for dog treats but can cats eat the same things? I have a possibility of a pet fundraiser.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Google "cat treat recipes." That's how I found a whole bunch of dog treat recipes. (Of course, I googled "dog" instead of "cat.")

has anyone tried these before? i wonder if my cat would e njoy them....feedback is appreciated.

Trish1953 said:
Does anyone have homemade recipes for cat treats? I see there are some files for dog treats but can cats eat the same things? I have a possibility of a pet fundraiser.Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
I'm not sure how profitable that will be. I know very few pets with any real disposable income. :p

raebates said:
I'm not sure how profitable that will be. I know very few pets with any real disposable income. :p

LOL!!!:)

I have made these before and both my dogs and cats love them.

I know my MIL made some for our kitties ... but they ended up being batted around instead of eaten.

I'm not sure how profitable that will be. I know very few pets with any real disposable income.

lol Rae! Too funny. Maybe she should hit up Leona Helmsley's pet. That one has millions. :p

Hi Trish,I have a couple of great homemade cat treat recipes that would be perfect for a pet fundraiser! Cats can definitely eat some of the same ingredients as dogs, but it's important to make sure the treats are safe for feline consumption. Here are two recipes that are sure to be a hit:1. Tuna and Catnip Treats:
- 1 can of tuna in water, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dried catnipInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, beaten egg, and dried catnip.
3. Slowly mix in the whole wheat flour until a dough forms.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into small, bite-sized pieces.
5. Place the treats on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let the treats cool before serving to your feline friends.2. Chicken and Sweet Potato Bites:
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 egg, beatenInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mashed sweet potato, oat flour, and beaten egg.
3. Roll the mixture into small balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the treats are firm and slightly browned.
5. Let the treats cool before serving.These treats are not only delicious for cats, but they also have healthy ingredients that they will love. Good luck with your fundraiser, Trish!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What ingredients are typically used in recipes for cat treats?

Recipes for cat treats often include ingredients such as canned tuna, chicken, salmon, eggs, flour, and catnip. You can also find recipes that use ingredients like pumpkin, sweet potato, and oats.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in the recipes for cat treats?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in recipes for cat treats, as long as they are safe for cats to consume. However, keep in mind that changing ingredients may alter the texture and taste of the treats.

3. How should I store homemade cat treats?

Homemade cat treats can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage, but be sure to thaw them before giving them to your cat.

4. Are there any recipes for cat treats that are specifically for cats with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many recipes for cat treats that cater to cats with dietary restrictions. You can find recipes for treats that are gluten-free, grain-free, and even recipes for cats with food allergies.

5. Can I use human-grade ingredients in recipes for cat treats?

It is recommended to use ingredients that are specifically made for cats in recipes for cat treats. However, some human-grade ingredients, such as chicken or tuna, can be safely used in moderation. Always check with your veterinarian if you are unsure about a specific ingredient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Trish in Texas