• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Office Lead...how to Respond to This One?

who knows? She also provided her home address, so you could send her a catalog and an order form. If she doesn't want to host a party, you could also just email her about that.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - at the beginning of January, I got a lead who was interested in booking a show. No phone # of course, so I emailed her back immediately with this (she also provided a work email...not a personal one):

Hi Dxxxx,

My name is Becky D., and I am a local Pampered Chef consultant. I just received your info that you were interested in hosting a show...

I'd love to help you by scheduling a party! I didn't get a phone # with your info, but if you could email that to me, I'd like to chat with you about available dates and current host specials, and find out what will work best for you. I'm always a bit hesitant about calling people during their workday, so if you could also let me know a best time to call that would be great.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

I didn't hear back, and didn't hear back - and I'd just chalked it up as another one of those leads that goes nowhere.

Then, this morning I got this email from her, along with a home address. Still no phone #....except the work one in her email signature.

Hi,
Can you please send me a book so, I can see how many people are interested in it. (then she provided her home address for me)

Okay - so I now have a work # for her...and a home address...but she didn't say that I could call her at work.

Should I try call her anyway, or should I just email her back and let her know I'm sending her a catalog? Should I just send one catalog, or should I send a few catalogs and some order forms for a catalog show?

Gheesh....why am I finding this so difficult?

I would mail her a catalog (maybe a couple of minis) and the upcoming host specials (on the single sheet flyer - if you use those). I wouldn't call her at work. Since she's e-mailing you from the work addy & didn't specifically say that you could, I wouldn't do it. :)

I would send her a few catalogs and some outside order forms. If she does call you to book a show you can use the orders collected as outside orders. If she doesn't have a show maybe it'll be a catalog show. I wouldn't call her at work since she didn't say you could. E mail her back and say you are sending her some catalogs and again ask for her number so you can explain some things to her or ask her to call you. Hope it works out for you.

I would call before sending anything. Just say something like "your # was in your email signature, I hope I'm not bothering you at work...." Just be really apologetic and go from there.I find that they people who say they're going to ask around re: interest never end up having a successful party. If you can get her to book a date and be excited and then host coach the daylights out of her, she'll have a successful party.

My vote is for the catalog with the specials on a flyer and highlighted...then include a note that says you can email her the order form if she decides she'd like to host a show. Most people I know who are free to email from work like that are also about to print off and photocopy a dozen or so order forms without any trouble.

Hi,
Can you please send me a book so, I can see how many people are interested in it. (then she provided her home address for me)

Okay - so I now have a work # for her...and a home address...but she didn't say that I could call her at work.

Gheesh....why am I finding this so difficult?[/QUOTE]

She gave you her phone number at work! Call and use Tammy Stanley's line: "Hi, this is ______________ with the Pampered Chef. Did I catch you at a bad time?" It works every time! :D

She needs direction as to how to go about having a successful party. The way she wants to do it means she will check with one, three, five? Who knows? She doesn't know how to have a successful party and you do, Becky.:) I would call her and explain to her that the best way to check interest is to date a party and invite 40 guests! Then proceed from there with why and how you expect her to do that. Just my two cents!

It sounds like she's asking you to just send her a catalog for now. Then she'll "check" with some friends. You know that most likely will lead to nowhere, so I would do like Carolynn and Deb said. Her number is in her siggy line, so she can't be too shocked if you call it to ask for some details--you asked her for a number and she chose not to answer that particular question. Who knows, maybe she figures that you'd see her number there and she didn't need to write it again. ;)

I'd email her back and ask if it's ok to give her a call at work so you can get some more detail out of her...does she want ONE catalog w/ the intent of doing a live show or does she want a few catalogs w/ the intent of a book show? This way if you ask permission because you have a few questions to ask before she gets the catalog you are going to send she won't be surprised. If she simply says no about calling at work, I'd ask for her cell or home number to verify info, etc.

If she's using her work email for personal correspondence, I don't see why she wouldn't expect to get a few personal calls at work. Like Carloynn said, take the "is this a good time?" approach. The worst she can say is "I really shouldn't be on the phone at work" and then you can ask for a better time and number to call her. If she still blows you off, you'll know not to spend too much time on it. I'd still send the catalog and maybe put in a few order forms and a specials flyer.

DebbieJ said:
I would call before sending anything. Just say something like "your # was in your email signature, I hope I'm not bothering you at work...." Just be really apologetic and go from there.

I find that they people who say they're going to ask around re: interest never end up having a successful party. If you can get her to book a date and be excited and then host coach the daylights out of her, she'll have a successful party.

ditto what Deb said!

I have a 2 year old & a 10 month old, so MOST of my host contact & coaching is by e-mail. If you feel hesitant about contacting her by phone, just e-mail her what she asked for. Chances are, she's one of those people who prefers e-mail vs. the phone due to time constraints. I know I do!!! LOL

Here's an e-mail that I received tonight from a guest invited to a Feb 6th show:
Hi,
I'm E.. and I was given your information by A... I wanted to book a party from the party she'll be having in February but I will not be able to attend hers, is this possible?
I'd like to do my at the very beginning of March or even at the end of February.
Thanks for your help and any information you have regarding the specials in those two months.

Thanks,
E...

My reply (I'm on a military base in Japan, so I know when everyone gets paid ;)):
Yes, you can book under A... and she can still get the booking benefit at your show. :D

Here are the upcoming host specials:

I do not have any openings left at the end of February, the only February date that I have left is Friday night Feb 12th at 6PM. If you have the same crowd as A..., it would be hard to get sales again out of the same group so close to her show. If it's a different group, I recommend that you wait until after the 15th to close, so that everyone has a new paycheck.

In March I have the following dates available:
  • Fri March 12th at 6PM
  • Sun March 14th at 2PM
  • Fri March 26th at 6PM
  • Sat March 27th at Noon
  • Sat March 27th at 6PM
  • Sun March 28th at 2PM

I have a show this Friday night & another one on Sunday, so some of those dates will probably disappear soon. ;)

Sheila Dacey
Team Leader for The Pampered Chef

By putting the little comment in there about how my openings might not be available for very long, I get less complaints from procrastinators. They will go ahead & book a date vs. waiting to "check with their friends" for a date. ;)

Once they decide to host a show, I e-mail out all the restrictions for doing a show here in Japan and I also encourage them to utilize the web page to send invitations to their friends/family in the states (and their last overseas duty station if applicable). By collecting online orders from friends who are not here to attend, they do much better on show sales.

call... why are we so afraid of the phone??? What is the worst that will happen?? She hangs up on you? Probably not going to happen. She might say she is busy and to just email her... at least then you would know!

The only reason that I say to e-mail & not call is this: Some jobs do not allow employees to receive personal phone calls & the employee can get written up over it. Since Becky asked for a number and one was not given (even the work number), I would hesitate to call.

crystalscookingnow said:
The only reason that I say to e-mail & not call is this: Some jobs do not allow employees to receive personal phone calls & the employee can get written up over it. Since Becky asked for a number and one was not given (even the work number), I would hesitate to call.

That's why I mentioned using the work email. If she would get in trouble for taking personal calls, she would get in trouble for using email for personal reasons, too.

Quite possibly. But she was the one that began the e-mail conversation by using the work e-mail. If she had called Becky from her work number, then I would be all for calling using that number.

PCJenni said:
call... why are we so afraid of the phone??? What is the worst that will happen?? She hangs up on you? Probably not going to happen. She might say she is busy and to just email her... at least then you would know!
Not afraid of the phone.My question was because no phone was given when she submitted her contact info - meaning to me that she didn't want a call. Then, when she responded to my email where I SPECIFICALLY asked for a phone #, she still didn't mention one, OR give me a good time to call. Her work # is in her email siggy - but she didn't say anything about using that #. I didn't want to do something that might get her into trouble. Her work address is also in her siggy - but in the email she gave me a home address.

I understand that you're not afraid of the phone. However, from the Phone Fear trainings, we've been told to use the work phone because they gave it to us.I'd keep it very, very short (she may not have any restrictions on phone use, and you may not know what shift she works) and just say "I just wanted to let you know very briefly that your catalogs are in the mail. Is there a home phone where I can check to make sure you received it or is it OK to call you here?"

okay - so I called. Just got voice mail. So I left a message letting her know a couple catalogs, some order forms, and a sheet on hosting, and another on host/guest specials went out in the mail today.

I told her if I didn't hear from her tomorrow (sent it priority), that I'd be giving her a quick call just to make sure she got the info and to see if she had any questions.

ChefBeckyD said:
I told her if I didn't hear from her tomorrow (sent it priority), that I'd be giving her a quick call just to make sure she got the info and to see if she had any questions.

If you just sent it today, and you only have her work number, I'd wait until the day after to call, since she probably won't get the package until she gets home tomorrow.

NooraK said:
If you just sent it today, and you only have her work number, I'd wait until the day after to call, since she probably won't get the package until she gets home tomorrow.

Good point! But maybe then I'll hear from her! :D

One of the biggest barrier that I see in my team is over thinking things and spending time trying to figure out what other people are thinking or doing. Just run your business in a professional and appropriate manner and you will see the results.

My 2 year old & 10 month old make it next to impossible for me to sit down & concentrate on the phone. Hubby wants my attention at 8PM when they go to bed, then by 9 I think it's too late to be calling someone who hasn't specifically said that they stay up late. That's why I do most of my contact by e-mail. It seems like I can get more done!I'm definitely not afraid of the phone though. I'm a retired 911 dispatcher. I can handle ANYTHING on the phone. Including a follow up call I made last week with a guest who had waited 8 weeks to receive an order that never arrived. I called PC & they sent a new one. Both orders arrived in week #9. We asked for a return label for one. They made the notations in the computer but never sent the label. I had to call & request it a 2nd time. I called last week to see if she ever got the label & she went off on how a friend had just invited her to a show & she was refusing to go because of all the problems she had just had. I assured her that PC got each order out in a timely manner & that the first box's delay was all military, but the label issue was definitely PC and that I'd never seen them do that before. I followed up & reminded her that she had expressed an interest at ______'s show in hosting and that we received our PCS orders (military orders that we are being moved to a new duty station) in May. I asked if she was still interested in hosting before I transferred and she said ....... YES! I'm hosting the current Step Up Your Business class with our cluster. It was a GREAT example for my team the next night on our Step Up call. All 4 team members on the call admitted that they would have caved & not asked her to host. I asked & she said YES!!! Like I told them, it never hurts to ASK! The worst that they can do is say no! ;)FWIW, the potential host from the e-mail that I quoted a few posts up, responded rather quickly earlier today with her chosen date/time. :D She didn't want to procrastinate & loose her 1st choice for a date! LOL I then asked for her physical address, mailing address (always different here on the military base) and phone number. She replied back rather quickly with the needed info. All of that was done in less than 3 hours. Yes, it would have been faster on the phone ... but I can explain more in e-mail without the distraction of my 2 little ones. And, the host still has it to reference back to later. :D

PCJenni said:
One of the biggest barrier that I see in my team is over thinking things and spending time trying to figure out what other people are thinking or doing.

Ah, how true, for me at least. Thanks for pointing that out.

PCJenni said:
One of the biggest barrier that I see in my team is over thinking things and spending time trying to figure out what other people are thinking or doing. Just run your business in a professional and appropriate manner and you will see the results.

Funny thing is - I'm very good at being decisive, and also usually very confident in my decisions. I don't do much second guessing at all.

Yesterday was just a strange off day for me, and I needed a bit of help.

Today - the voicemail has been left, as well as an email, and a package w/ catalogs, order forms, and host/guest specials has been mailed out.

Thanks everyone for the advice and support yesterday!

let us know what happens!

ChefBeckyD said:
Funny thing is - I'm very good at being decisive, and also usually very confident in my decisions. I don't do much second guessing at all.

Yesterday was just a strange off day for me, and I needed a bit of help.

Today - the voicemail has been left, as well as an email, and a package w/ catalogs, order forms, and host/guest specials has been mailed out.

Thanks everyone for the advice and support yesterday!

Yep, I was thinking this isn't like you, and you're sick. Feel better soon!

Sheila said:
My 2 year old & 10 month old make it next to impossible for me to sit down & concentrate on the phone. Hubby wants my attention at 8PM when they go to bed, then by 9 I think it's too late to be calling someone who hasn't specifically said that they stay up late. That's why I do most of my contact by e-mail. It seems like I can get more done!

I'm definitely not afraid of the phone though. I'm a retired 911 dispatcher. I can handle ANYTHING on the phone. Including a follow up call I made last week with a guest who had waited 8 weeks to receive an order that never arrived. I called PC & they sent a new one. Both orders arrived in week #9. We asked for a return label for one. They made the notations in the computer but never sent the label. I had to call & request it a 2nd time. I called last week to see if she ever got the label & she went off on how a friend had just invited her to a show & she was refusing to go because of all the problems she had just had. I assured her that PC got each order out in a timely manner & that the first box's delay was all military, but the label issue was definitely PC and that I'd never seen them do that before. I followed up & reminded her that she had expressed an interest at ______'s show in hosting and that we received our PCS orders (military orders that we are being moved to a new duty station) in May. I asked if she was still interested in hosting before I transferred and she said ....... YES! I'm hosting the current Step Up Your Business class with our cluster. It was a GREAT example for my team the next night on our Step Up call. All 4 team members on the call admitted that they would have caved & not asked her to host. I asked & she said YES!!! Like I told them, it never hurts to ASK! The worst that they can do is say no! ;)

FWIW, the potential host from the e-mail that I quoted a few posts up, responded rather quickly earlier today with her chosen date/time. :D She didn't want to procrastinate & loose her 1st choice for a date! LOL I then asked for her physical address, mailing address (always different here on the military base) and phone number. She replied back rather quickly with the needed info. All of that was done in less than 3 hours. Yes, it would have been faster on the phone ... but I can explain more in e-mail without the distraction of my 2 little ones. And, the host still has it to reference back to later. :D

thanks for this info... I have little ones too, and it's hard sometimes to be in the phone trying to book a show. I just have not had good luck with e-mails, but I will keep trying...

I had to just come back and follow up on this!

I called, left a message, and sent her some catalogs and order forms. Then...nothing! I had emailed her again, but didn't get a response...and honestly, I forgot about it. I guess I was thinking nothing much would come from it, and so I just didn't give it any more thought.

Well - she just called me, because she'd put out the catalogs at work....and she has over $300 in orders that she needs to turn in. It's funny - she said that she had thought that she would just see what kind of interest there was, and if there was enough, she'd book a show for March. She didn't expect so many people to want to place orders immediately! So now, she has an over $300 catalog show for February, and she booked a Cooking Show for April!

Way to go Becky!

1. What should I do if a lead provides a work email but no phone number?

It is always best to communicate with a lead using the contact information they have provided. If they have only provided a work email, you can start by emailing them and asking for a phone number. If they do not respond or do not provide a phone number, you can continue to communicate through email or potentially try reaching out to them at their work number if it is appropriate.

2. How should I respond to a lead who is interested in booking a show?

When responding to a lead who has expressed interest in hosting a show, it is important to be friendly and informative. Introduce yourself and your company, and express your excitement about scheduling a party. Ask for their contact information, including a phone number, and let them know you will be in touch to discuss available dates and current host specials.

3. Should I call a lead during their workday?

It is always considerate to ask a lead for a convenient time to call, especially if they have provided a work email. You can let them know that you are hesitant to call during their workday and ask for a preferred time to reach them. This shows respect for their schedule and can help to build a positive relationship.

4. How should I respond if a lead does not provide a phone number but provides a home address?

If a lead provides a home address but no phone number, you can respond by thanking them for their contact information and offering to send them a catalog. It is also a good idea to ask if they would prefer to communicate through email or if they would like you to call them at their work number.

5. Should I send one or multiple catalogs to a lead who has requested one?

It is up to your discretion whether to send one or multiple catalogs to a lead who has requested one. If you have a catalog show option, it may be beneficial to send multiple catalogs and order forms so the lead can share them with friends and family. If you only have physical catalogs, you can send one but also offer to email them a digital version or send additional catalogs upon request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefErin
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • cindylpal