• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Made Dough in the Bread Tube?

In summary, if you want to use your own dough in a bread tube, make sure it has the right consistency and shape, grease the tube before placing the dough inside, and follow the specific baking instructions. Enjoy your homemade bread!
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I have a bread tube and would like to put my own dough in it instead of the stuff in a can. Any tips?

Thanks!

The biggest thing is to only fill it 1/2 to 2/3 full - you would have to be the judge of that, knowing how much the particular recipe you are making will rise.

Bread usually takes about 45 minutes in the bread tube - but you can check it by pulling the lid off (if it hasn't popped off!:p) and tapping on the end of the bread, listening for that "hollow" sound of baked bread.

If you are making a quick bread - this is a little trickier, but I've done it. Make sure that the end of the tube is tightly wrapped in foil. I usually put foil over the end, and then put the lid on over the foil, and then wrap more foil around it. (does that make sense?) Again, check it after 40-45 minutes.

Also spray it really well with pam

Hi there!

Great question! Using your own dough in a bread tube is definitely possible and can result in delicious homemade bread. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:

1. Make sure your dough is the right consistency. It should be soft and pliable, but not too sticky. This will help it fill the tube evenly and bake properly.

2. Roll your dough into a log shape that will fit into the tube with some room to spare. You can also experiment with different shapes, such as braiding the dough, to create different designs in your bread.

3. Grease the inside of the tube with cooking spray or butter before placing the dough inside. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the tube and make it easier to remove once baked.

4. Follow the baking instructions for your particular bread tube, as different brands and sizes may have slightly different guidelines. Generally, the bread will need to bake for about 30-40 minutes in a preheated oven.

I hope these tips help you successfully use your own dough in the bread tube. Happy baking!

1. What is the purpose of the bread tube?

The bread tube is a kitchen tool designed for making homemade dough. It helps create perfectly shaped loaves of bread or rolls by providing a mold for the dough to rise and bake in.

2. What kind of dough can be made in the bread tube?

The bread tube is capable of making a variety of dough, including bread dough, pizza dough, and even sweet dough for cinnamon rolls. It can also be used for gluten-free and whole wheat dough.

3. How do I use the bread tube to make dough?

To make dough in the bread tube, simply mix your ingredients according to your recipe and place the dough into the greased tube. Let the dough rise until it reaches the top of the tube, then bake in the oven according to your recipe's instructions.

4. Can I use the bread tube for other recipes besides dough?

Yes, the bread tube can also be used for making meatloaf, filled pastries, and even cakes. It's a versatile kitchen tool that can help create a variety of delicious dishes.

5. How do I clean the bread tube?

The bread tube is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • frozenchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefCat