• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heroes' Bennet and Sylar Team Up: Disaster or Dynamic Duo?

In summary, the conversation is about the show Heroes and the recent episode where Bennett and Sylar team up. Some people think it will be a disaster while others are excited to see what will happen. They also discuss the possibility of Sylar being defeated and the new storyline with Angela Petrelli. Some websites are mentioned for more information and theories about the show.
ragschef
What do you think about Bennet and Sylar teaming up? Personally, I think its going to be a disaster since he's virtually invincible, now that he has Claire's ability. I'd love to hear someone else's views though...

I watched the first season then it got too dark for me to have on with kids around so I don't watch it anymore.

i havent seen it yet (i dvr'd it) but i saw the preview before falling asleep.
so im not sure how i feel until i see the whole thing. but i knew that was coming. i hope it turns out to be a good thing. im sort of over him being the bad guy for now. it was time for a new story line..

I thought you were talking about my friend, Curt. He's an avid fisherman.But when his outboard motor breaks down, he rows.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought you were talking about my friend, Curt. He's an avid fisherman.

But when his outboard motor breaks down, he rows.

Oh, it hurts...<GROAN>

I was scrolling too quick and I thought the title of this thread was "Herpes, anyone?"

::Off to call the eye doctor::

Jessamary said:
I was scrolling too quick and I thought the title of this thread was "Herpes, anyone?"

Uh oh. You are just ASKING for KG to start a parady thread with that as the actual title!! lol

I love Heroes. The season premier was a bit choppy if you ask me, but last night was really good! I don't think the HRG/Sylar pairing will end happily, but it's cracking me up. Sylar is definitely getting the best lines so far this year! If you're interested, check this site out. They do a run down of the show every Tuesday and fill you in on what may or may not be coming up. She is almost always in the know there, so, you could be seeing spoilers. Also, people leave comments, which can be very interesting to read the theories. Someone last week posted about Tracy Saunders being Niki's twin. I'm loving that storyline now. I was done with it last season, but it's been revived nicely! Oh, I could go on and on about this show. But I won't. Here's that website...
Heroes Redux: Look Who's Switching Teams - E! Online

HRG (Horn-Rimmed Glasses) = Bennett, sorry if that was cofusing. It's lingo from that site.

Love Heroes! Last night was great! Was a bit thrown by the pairing and how dark the Patreli mom is! I mean WOW!

Can't wait till next week!

I love this site!! I check it out every week, but wanted to see if there was anyone here that could give other insights...

"HRG" is just too funny. I mentioned that to my DH last night and he just rolled his eyes. :rolleyes:

Here's another site if you're interested...

http://www.heroesfanatic.com/

etteluap70PC said:
Love Heroes! Last night was great! Was a bit thrown by the pairing and how dark the Patreli mom is! I mean WOW!

Can't wait till next week!

Angela Petrelli is incredible. She's a female 2-face and plays the part very well. Do you really think she's Sylar's mom or is that a front that she's putting up to get Sylar to do her bidding?

Who knows...I think she might be his mom. But why did she give him up for adoption? He's not older than the Senator (Nathan). That part I don't get if it's true.

I LOVE this show!! I thought I was the only Heroes junkie, but it seems that there are more people way more into it than I am.

The only way I see Sylar being defeated is bringing in the Haitian. However, if he was in play why haven't they used him previously to bring down Sylar? Hiro and Ando's story is getting a little complicated. I'm sad for Mica that his mom won't be back. I am very interested in this Dr. Zimmerman character.

At the end of the show Bennet said that he was just biding his time before he destroyed Sylar. If he waits too long Sylar will suck up so many powers he will be unstoppable. I wonder what the new "end of the world" theory is now.

Chef Kearns said:
Who knows...I think she might be his mom. But why did she give him up for adoption? He's not older than the Senator (Nathan). That part I don't get if it's true.

I LOVE this show!! I thought I was the only Heroes junkie, but it seems that there are more people way more into it than I am.

The only way I see Sylar being defeated is bringing in the Haitian. However, if he was in play why haven't they used him previously to bring down Sylar? Hiro and Ando's story is getting a little complicated. I'm sad for Mica that his mom won't be back. I am very interested in this Dr. Zimmerman character.

At the end of the show Bennet said that he was just biding his time before he destroyed Sylar. If he waits too long Sylar will suck up so many powers he will be unstoppable. I wonder what the new "end of the world" theory is now.

Sylar is virtually unstoppable now with Claire's ability. Unless he gets stabbed in the back of the head, like Pter did in season one.

About Micah and Nikki Sanders, is she really dead? How did she die? Was it the virus? That was never stated. And who is this guy that says he "created" Tracy; and did he "create" Nikki too? Are there more?

I read somewhere that there is at least one more Nikki/Tracy/Jessica person, maybe more. I also read that there will be yet another Petrelli revealed. By bets are on it being Kensei/Adam Monroe/Sark, but that he may be the father of at least one of the Petrellis.

There are more Nikki's. I've read a couple of spoilers that give detail on that. Won't share them here. Haven't heard about the 4th Petrelli. Would love to know where you got that info! PM me if you feel like sharing... :)

Jessamary said:

I need the same eye doctor. I was on my way home today when I passed a sign that, I swear, said:

Osama
Binladen

Of course, when I did a double take, it said:

Obama
Biden

As for the "Herpes, anyone?" remark...

Q: What's the difference between love and herpes?

A: Herpes is forever.

I really don't think those guesses could be right. But who knows, it woudl certainly be a shocker! Who's to say that the next Petrelli is a sibling?

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking Kensei could be revealed as the father of one of them. Afterall, he is self-healing, which runs in the blood lines. And, Linderman also appears to have some sort of similar power, so, it could be him too. At any rate, both of them were around during the last wave of superheroes, and it's been shown that Mrs. Petrelli may not have been faithful to her husband.

Any thoughts from last night?

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these storylines. I missed the first season, so I think I need to watch them and see if I can figure things out better. Is it okay to discuss last night's episode-will it spoil it for some? If so...don't read further... I don't understand the future Claire killing Peter. I was only able to watch the first half, so maybe it explains it later. ??

I am very lost this season. My SIL laughed when I asked him why it was so confusing! Claire has really become dark... Those two sidekicks just appeared from nowhere. Then it showed Parkman married to the speed lady...and she had a baby...and she's Molly's mother!

The 4th Petrelli seems to be someone older than freaked the old lady Petrelli at the end.

I watch this but don't sit and concentrate on it... I have to do something else whenever I watch TV or I fall asleep! LOL!

I think last night's episode was way too fast-paced. Daphne is not Molly's mother. She and Parkman are raising her together now that Parkman has custody of her instead of him and Mohinder. One thing I had to keep telling myself last night was that this was all four years into the future. I'm sortof lost with it jumping so far ahead, but it does make me anxious to see how it all comes together. As far as the 4th Petrelli, I don't think that was a Petrelli at the end. I don't want to my speculations out there just yet, but I have my ideas... ;)

babywings76 said:
I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these storylines. I missed the first season, so I think I need to watch them and see if I can figure things out better. Is it okay to discuss last night's episode-will it spoil it for some? If so...don't read further...

I don't understand the future Claire killing Peter. I was only able to watch the first half, so maybe it explains it later. ??

Like I said in the last post, I can't wait to see how it all plays out! I'ma little lost now as to why this would happen four years from now, but it should all come to light soon. Atleast I hope so... My problem is last year was the writers' strike. It made the writers have to squish everything in before the season's schedule end. I truined the season for me. I hope they don't repeat that same mistake. Last night's episode was not a good sign in my opinion.

I was a die-hard fan of this show, until this season. I just think they are trying to put too much in each episode! I was telling my DH, every storyline is annoying to me right now, except maybe the Sylar-HRG pairing and Sylar in general. I was hugely disappointed last night. I keep tuning in each week with hopes that it will be better, but I keep getting disappointed -- last episode the worst of all. Killing off Noah was a HUGE blow for me -- I just can't handle seeing kids get killed. And, my guess on who Mrs. Petrelli is freaking out about is Mr. Petrelli himself. On Claire killing Peter... in these time jumps, I'm seeing that the future Peter is kind of an extremist, though, I'm not really sure what he's extreme about. It's clear he thinks the "fake" heroes are bad, but I'm not sure if he is now against everyone with powers???? That's all a little hazy to me. At any rate, since present-day Peter went back to the present day, I think that future we saw will not be happening because he will do something to change it. Soooo, technically, future-Claire probably didn't actually kill Peter. Make sense??? Probably not. I'm pretty confused.

I'll be watching again next week, but I'm not sure how much longer after that. Some end-tying needs to start happening, or my brain won't be able to take it anymore.

janezapchef said:
I was a die-hard fan of this show, until this season. I just think they are trying to put too much in each episode! I was telling my DH, every storyline is annoying to me right now, except maybe the Sylar-HRG pairing and Sylar in general. I was hugely disappointed last night. I keep tuning in each week with hopes that it will be better, but I keep getting disappointed -- last episode the worst of all. Killing off Noah was a HUGE blow for me -- I just can't handle seeing kids get killed. And, my guess on who Mrs. Petrelli is freaking out about is Mr. Petrelli himself. On Claire killing Peter... in these time jumps, I'm seeing that the future Peter is kind of an extremist, though, I'm not really sure what he's extreme about. It's clear he thinks the "fake" heroes are bad, but I'm not sure if he is now against everyone with powers???? That's all a little hazy to me. At any rate, since present-day Peter went back to the present day, I think that future we saw will not be happening because he will do something to change it. Soooo, technically, future-Claire probably didn't actually kill Peter. Make sense??? Probably not. I'm pretty confused.

Made sense to me. :) I thought it was Mr. Petrelli too. My DH has a different opinion though. I agree that there's just too much going on this year...

SO does anyone else think it strange that Sylar's (uh-hum, Gabriel's) son's name is Noah. Why would he name his child after HRG? Not getting it!

That is exactly why THAT storyline has me most fascinated. I think SOMETHING must happen to make him want to name his son after him. Of course, now that THAT future won't be happening, who knows???

Plus he's living in his old house! I wonder how he got control of his power. It seemed like he had a lobotomy making waffles (or whatever). I wonder how the future Peter loses his powers. Because the present Peter has Claire's power. How did he get rid of it? He had some powers, but not Claires? I don't get that.

I'm sad for Mohinder. One of the few brown-skinned people in that show and they've turned him into a lizard. That's too bad. I am anxious to see what they will do with the storyline. It has to be soooo much to keep track of. I cannot even imagine writing for the show.

I wonder if Peter can selectively heal, or something like that. I wonder if he "chose" to keep the scar to remind him of something. Kind of like Sylar keeping Mohinder's dad's broken watch all those years to remind him of the monster he used to be. Just an idea.

I know - - Mohinder was my favorite character all along, until the end of last year, beginning of this season. Now, I really can't stand him. Not to worry though, I'm sure there will be more characters introduced soon. It will just help the show be even more confusing!

I finally got caught up on this last night. What did others think?

I thought it was a pretty good ep this time. Not too much of the annoying storylines.

I thought it was much better than last week. I still think that something needs to either wind down or pick up though. There's so much going on.

Poor Maya. I'm not a big fan of hers, never have been, but it makes me think that Mohinder is turning into a literal cockroach. Still not a fan of Daphne either. Sylar, I dunno, maybe things will get clear sometime. I kinda had the feeling that Parkman Sr was doing the whole Linderman thing. Had no idea that Mr. petrelli put him up to it. I wanna see Angela see him again. We didn't see that this week and the previews were a teaser.
okay, I HAVE to go to lunch now. I'm starving!!

So, what did we think this week? I thought it was really good. Maybe those first few weeks they were just trying to catch up for lost time and sqeezing too much in??? I think maybe the fact that Peter's powers were "taken" could explain how he is able to be scarred at "future Peter". And, I'm wondering if he's lost all of his powers (including the power to absorb them) or just the "extra" ones.

I like Peter and want him to get his powers back. Was there any mention before this season of his dad?

In season 1, Mrs. Petrelli hinted that Mr. Petrelli killed himself and had an unstable mental condition leading him to do that. I'm guessing the Company figured out a way to get him incapacitated and that was the story she went with, but who knows. Then last season, he was just breifly mentioned when Peter/Nathan saw the picture of the "original" heroes -- he was in the pic. It will be interesting to see where this leads. I'm just glad that it appears the show if FINALLY back to being enjoyable!

I agree with Jane that it is now finally enjoyable. As far as Mr. Petrelli goes, he was mentioned several times in season 1 but season 2 was pretty vague about him, even with the picture. I think that Angela knew the whole time that he was around. She has the ability to dream the future and I feel pretty sure that she knew he was still alive, but I don't think she had it in good faith to believe that he was able to organize anything the way he did. I think that Mr. Petrelli is the leader of the villians and always has been and I have this sinking feeling that Angela may have been behind his "demise". That being said, I can't wait for Monday!

Oh and Peter, I"m not really sure what's going on there. Future Peter can still time travel and change images, so I'm not sure what to think...

Of course, future Peter may no longer exist since 1. he was killed by Claire and 2. he has now altered the past for current Peter. He suggested to get Sylar's ability, and that's why he was at the company in the first place. He got out of control. I'm not sure future Peter got the whole "butterfly effect" because from the looks of things he has really screwed things up. All this time travel is too much for my brain! I also don't get why Hiro can't just go back to before the formula was stolen and tell himself to do things differently. Future Hiro goes back in time quite a bit, so, what's the deal now?

I agree, Amanda, I'm pretty sure Angela knew all along that Mr. Petrelli was still alive and that she at least had a hand in his undoing. I have had that feeling since she first explained to someone in season 1 that he had committed suicide. It didn't seem like she was telling the truth.

I read somewhere that we will soon get a hint about who Sylar's son's mother is, and it's someone we've met before and "love".???

Okay, the whole Hiro issue bothers me too. He's made this vow to never go back in time and now he's screwed himself over and that's exactly what he needs to do. It's frustrating me.
Peter I think will survive the future, I'm just not sure how all that will pan out. I can't get a handle on that line really.
There's something ust super evil about the Petrelli parents. I think Sylar is a true blood brother to the other two, I think that he was maybe their love child after Peter. I;m rambling now.
About Sylar's lover, my guess is that its possibly Claire with her being evil in the future and all. Although I think that that guess is a little too obvious. The only other guess I would have would be Meredith, although we don't really "love" her. Revelation, maybe?? What about Kaitlyn? Peter's lost girl? That would really make Peter hate Sylar...

Okay, gotta go!

Future Peter didn't hate Sylar though. I definitely think he is true-blood Petrelli. He's my favorite character, evil and all, so, I really hope they don't do something stupid like killing him off. He gets the best lines of the show! (Minus "high five turtle", which is my current favorite line! My second favorite was Sylar saying "Claire, that's disgusting!")

I doubt the baby-mama girl is Claire, just because she's his neice, and I'd hope they wouldn't go there! I think it might be Elle. I read that we are going to see her cooking for him in a future episode. Hmmmm. It also could be Barbara (Nikki/Jessica and Tracy's other sister), but we haven't seen her yet.

Peter is my fave too. He's true to himself and it shows thru each and every show. He's just awesome!

I thought about the whole Claire and Sylar thing... that would be gross. I was thinking either Elle or one of Tracy's "twin". I didn't even know her name... About that, I've wondered if Jessica even existed. I know Nikki had her issues in first season and they even went to the gravesite, but I started thinking that maybe she had those issues even before adulthood and her parents "killed" jessica. Then again, how many multiples did her parents have or are they all droids or clones? This Dr. Zimmerman is a little creepy.

Bottom line, my vote's on Elle...

I just realized that it sounded like I said Peter for all that stuff above. I meant Sylar. He's so evil but he cracks me up!

Last night's episode, in my opinion, was the best one this season! I LOVED IT!! Sylar was great! Mr. Petrelli was awesome! Oh and I loved how Sylar is turning into a sheep in wolves clothes!

What did you think?

It was awesome... what I caught.

I was busy fielding calls from anxoius GS leaders who are trying to get all their fall FR stuff in order to deliver to me today.

Ahhh..... volunteering... such a thankless job! Good thing it's so rewarding!

I'm hoping to see it before next week! I hate getting so far behind. I forget where I am with things!

Anyone watching this anymore? I finally watched the last two eps and am really liking the new "volume". What do you think?

I'm liking it so far.

I stopped watching last season, to hard to keep up with a 1yr old demanding attention. I guess I will have to try again.

I don't watch ANYTHING when it's actually on. I just tape and watch whenever I can get caught up (what I wouldn't give for Tivo!) or watch it online. I hate watching tv any other way now because I can fast forward all the commercials or just have to sit through one online.

<h2>1. How did Bennet and Sylar end up teaming up in "Heroes"? </h2><p>After years of being enemies, Bennet and Sylar were forced to team up in order to save Claire from a dangerous organization known as "The Company". They both had personal reasons for wanting to protect Claire and realized that they were stronger together than apart.</p><h2>2. Will their partnership last in the long run or will they go back to being enemies? </h2><p>It is difficult to predict the future for these two characters, but their history suggests that their alliance may not last. They have a lot of trust issues and conflicting agendas that could ultimately lead to their downfall as a team. Only time will tell.</p><h2>3. How do you think Claire will react to Bennet and Sylar teaming up?</h2><p>Claire has always had a complicated relationship with both Bennet and Sylar. She may initially be apprehensive about their partnership, but ultimately she will be grateful for their help in protecting her and may even see a different side to Sylar.</p><h2>4. Do you think Sylar will use Claire's ability for good or evil now that he has it?</h2><p>It's hard to say for sure, but given Sylar's past actions and his insatiable thirst for power, it is likely that he will use Claire's ability for his own personal gain, rather than for the greater good. However, his dynamic with Bennet may influence him to use it for good in certain situations.</p><h2>5. What other characters do you think will be affected by Bennet and Sylar's team up?</h2><p>Bennet and Sylar's alliance will have a ripple effect on many other characters in the show. The most obvious being Claire, as well as Peter and Hiro, who have also had run-ins with Sylar in the past. It will also have a significant impact on the overall storyline and the fate of the other characters in the show.</p>

Related to Heroes' Bennet and Sylar Team Up: Disaster or Dynamic Duo?

1. How did Bennet and Sylar end up teaming up in "Heroes"?

After years of being enemies, Bennet and Sylar were forced to team up in order to save Claire from a dangerous organization known as "The Company". They both had personal reasons for wanting to protect Claire and realized that they were stronger together than apart.

2. Will their partnership last in the long run or will they go back to being enemies?

It is difficult to predict the future for these two characters, but their history suggests that their alliance may not last. They have a lot of trust issues and conflicting agendas that could ultimately lead to their downfall as a team. Only time will tell.

3. How do you think Claire will react to Bennet and Sylar teaming up?

Claire has always had a complicated relationship with both Bennet and Sylar. She may initially be apprehensive about their partnership, but ultimately she will be grateful for their help in protecting her and may even see a different side to Sylar.

4. Do you think Sylar will use Claire's ability for good or evil now that he has it?

It's hard to say for sure, but given Sylar's past actions and his insatiable thirst for power, it is likely that he will use Claire's ability for his own personal gain, rather than for the greater good. However, his dynamic with Bennet may influence him to use it for good in certain situations.

5. What other characters do you think will be affected by Bennet and Sylar's team up?

Bennet and Sylar's alliance will have a ripple effect on many other characters in the show. The most obvious being Claire, as well as Peter and Hiro, who have also had run-ins with Sylar in the past. It will also have a significant impact on the overall storyline and the fate of the other characters in the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila