• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Control the Crowd and Keep My Demo Short at a Cooking Show?

BeckyIn summary, the person posting is seeking advice on how to control the crowd during a Pampered Chef demo when the host and guests are not engaged. They also want tips on how to keep the demo short and whether prepping ingredients beforehand would be helpful. They mention having two shows, one with a higher sales total and one that is still open, but they were hoping for even better results. Becky offers helpful tips on how to involve the host and guests, practice timing and prepping ingredients, and reminds them not to be too hard on themselves.
jj16
Gold Member
I am hoping that those of you who have been doing this a while can help me. I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is the right place.

I was wondering if you could shed some light on how to get control of the crowd when your host and guests kind of disappear and the rest of the time it is caotic dogs running in and out etc. I also need to keep the demo short but I had a hard time doing this and I shouldn't have had a hard time. I did the Rush Hour Fajitas and the Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp. I've done both recipes at home many times before I did them at the show. On both shows I was wondering if I should do some of the slicing at home before the show. At the dessert show I did the crisp part before the show.

1 show was $1,030 and the other hasn't closed yet but she's at $130 both hosts had good guest lists but I expected more to show up at the $130 and I thought she would try to get outside orders since I had an incentive for her. TIA

jj16:eek:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Great advice Becky!

:confused: What advice? Did her post get deleted?

Wow....my bad, sorry! I thought I was posting on another thread! Sorry....brain's not up today! :)

Hi jj16, as someone who has been a Pampered Chef consultant for a while, I completely understand your frustration with trying to control the crowd during a demo. It can definitely be challenging when the host and guests are not as engaged as we would like them to be. One tip I have found helpful is to try and get the host involved in the demo. This can help keep her attention and also encourage her guests to pay attention as well. You can also try to involve the guests by asking for volunteers to help with certain steps of the recipe. This can make the demo more interactive and engaging for everyone. In terms of keeping the demo short, I would suggest practicing your timing at home before the show. This will help you get a better sense of how long it takes to prepare the recipes and adjust accordingly. You can also try to prep some ingredients ahead of time, such as slicing vegetables, to save time during the demo. Lastly, don't be too hard on yourself for not getting as many outside orders as you had hoped. It's important to remember that not every show will be a huge success, but as long as you are providing a fun and informative demo for the guests, that is what matters most. Keep up the great work and I'm sure your next show will be even better! Best of luck to you. Warmly,

1. How do I set up a successful Pampered Chef show?

To set up a successful show, it is important to first reach out to potential guests and invite them to attend. You can also use the Pampered Chef app to create a personalized show invitation. Additionally, make sure to have plenty of products on hand for guests to see and try, and have fun interactive activities planned to engage guests throughout the show.

2. How can I maximize my sales during a Pampered Chef show?

One way to maximize sales during a show is to offer special discounts or promotions for guests who make a purchase. You can also provide tips and recipes to showcase the versatility and usefulness of the products. Another tip is to offer a hostess rewards program, where the hostess can earn free or discounted products based on the total sales from the show.

3. What should I do if a guest cancels last minute?

If a guest cancels last minute, it is important to stay positive and not let it affect the show. You can reach out to other potential guests to fill the spot or invite friends and family to join in. If necessary, you can also modify the show plan to accommodate a smaller group.

4. How can I make my guests feel comfortable and welcome at the show?

To make guests feel comfortable and welcome, make sure to introduce yourself and any co-hosts or assistants, and get to know each guest by name. Offer refreshments and snacks, and create a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Encourage guests to participate in activities and ask questions, and thank them for attending at the end of the show.

5. What should I do if a guest has a question about a product or the company?

If a guest has a question about a product or the company, it is important to provide accurate and helpful information. If you do not know the answer, you can refer the guest to the Pampered Chef website or customer service. You can also offer to follow up with the guest after the show to provide more information or assist with their question.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Bexs50