• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Stop Forced Deportation of 3 US Children to Zimbabwe

In summary, three US children are being forced to leave the country by their court-appointed guardian, who cites the Hague Convention as justification. The children's father has no legal connection to them, and the family is rallying for support to stop the deportation.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Dear Cheffers,

A friend of mine is forced to send her 3 children on a plane to Zimbabwe by April 20th unless our country intervenes beforehand. This is so beyond me, I really don't even know where to begin other than to get the word out about this injustice.

The press release: U.S. Judge Forces Three U.S. Children To Hostile Third World Country | PRLog

There is a facebook page with more information and updates here: Help the Curles | Facebook

There is a petition to sign here: http://www.change.org/petitions/pre...m_source=share_petition&utm_term=autopublish#

Please check it out, sign the petition, share with your friends, contact your local government officials and media. Please pray. Thank you.

No, it's for real. :'( I know this friend personally. She is the daughter of the pastor of the church I grew up in. The story sounds so crazy, but it is all too real. :(

If this is the daughter to the pastor of your church, I think our PC family needs to pray about it like we are doing for Paige...

I again lit a candle for Paige tonight (which I have only done a few times since joining in 2011) but I reflected on my favorite holiday, Easter and everything that she is missing and how much the family misses her physical presence. I felt better after the reflection and prayer.

Perhaps we need to start another candle?

This is awful! I am praying for them and will be signing the petition!

Thank you Rhonda and Lori!!

So here's the deal, the Siskiyou County judge sited the Hague Convention and gave jurisdiction to the court of Zimbabwe. The three children are to be flown there by April 20th unless we intervene. We are trying to rally people to sign the petitions and get the word out. I'm in over my head but I hope a lawyer could take this on and get their extradition stalled or postponed while we appeal.Information about Hague Convention and limited defenses, we're siting D, E, F. Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My heart s heavy. This is the plea from my pastor's wife this morning."This morning there are only 15 days left from what might be the last time we will see our grand babies. I was remembering when our daughter called from Zim in the morning while I was at work saying, "We're going out the back gate, they're coming in the front" (the police/guerrillas were forcing their way into the property which was surrounded by high fences & locked gates). She ended the brief call with "Don't call us, we'll call you" and hung up. That was a very terrifying day until that evening our kids called saying "They were safe and staying with someone". Can you imagine how we felt? Can you think of anyone or know someone who has a "LOUD VOICE" to speak out for us and our grand babies?"

I know it might be a long shot, but if they homeschool, she might be able to at least call Homeschool Legal Defense to see if they can recommend an organization? They dont get involved wth custody issues, but may know of someone who can? They are also closely involved with the Parental Rights issues, so maybe have some advice.

i think it is crazy that they are forcing US citizens out of the country even if he is their dad. I truly wonder if he is really a Christian. no matter what the issue in your marriage, would you do that to your chidren????

Alliance Defense Fund and Focus on the Family are the only other places I can think to call looking for advice. ADF usually deals with civil liberty issues, especially with regards to freedom of religion type issues, but again....they may know someone.

Good luck!!! But know that those kids are ultimately in God's hands, nonmatter what the outcome. (personally, I think I would disappear on the 14th if I couldnt get other results, but that is just me!)

What is the situation with the forced deportation of 3 US children to Zimbabwe?

The situation involves three children who are US citizens but are facing the threat of being deported to Zimbabwe, a country they have never lived in and have no ties to. Their mother, who is a single parent, has been ordered to leave the country and the children would have to go with her.

Why are these children facing deportation?

The mother of these children is originally from Zimbabwe and has been living in the US for over 20 years. However, her immigration status is currently in limbo and she has been ordered to leave the country. As her children are minors, they would have to go with her.

What can be done to stop this forced deportation?

There are various ways to help stop this forced deportation. One way is to raise awareness about the situation and garner support from the community. Another way is to contact government officials and urge them to intervene and stop the deportation. Additionally, donations and legal assistance can also be provided to the family.

How can I support these children and their family?

There are several ways to support these children and their family. You can donate to their legal fund, sign petitions and share their story on social media to raise awareness. You can also offer emotional support to the family during this difficult time.

What is Pampered Chef doing to help in this situation?

Pampered Chef is committed to making a positive impact in our communities and supporting causes that align with our values. We are actively raising awareness about this situation and have made a donation to the family's legal fund. We also encourage our employees and customers to join us in supporting this family and advocating for their rights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Addie4TLC