• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Shower in 2 Hours, Missing Game!

Some don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he is late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take his shoes off. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
jenniann
Does anyone have the present day rebuttals for this game, I have a shower this morning and just realized that I loaned my copy of it to a team member and I can't find it anywhere on my computer!

HOW TO BE A GOOD WIFE
Home Economics High School Text Book, 1954

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal, on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so that you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the home just before your husband arrives, gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad he is home.

Some don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he is late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

The Goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

I wish I did -- I've never seen this but would like to see it if anyone has it.

In case you can't find the game you are looking for, here are the 2 things I do. That way you at least have something :) Good luck!

Attachments

• Name that Cake.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 446
  • Candy story.doc
    21 KB · Views: 424
Here is the whole thing.

Instructions for women on how to be a good wife from a 1950’s school textbook used in home economics classes:

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work weary people. Be la little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter: Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5.Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complainif he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and off to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make you home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

Today’s Version:

1. Have dinner ready: Make reservations ahead of time. If your day becomes too hectic just leave him a voice mail message regarding where you'd like to eat and at what time. This lets him know that your day has been crappy and gives him an opportunity to change your mood.

2. Prepare yourself: A quick stop at the "LAN COME" counter on your way home will do wonders for your outlook and will keep you from becoming irritated every time he opens his mouth. (Don't forget to use his credit card!)

3. Clear away the clutter: Call the housekeeper and tell her that any miscellaneous items left on the floor by the children can be placed in the Goodwill box in the garage.

4. Prepare the children: Send the children to their rooms to watch television or play Nintendo.

5. Minimize the noise: If you happen to be home when he arrives, be in the bathroom with the door locked.

6. Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems and complaints. Let him speak first, and then your complaints will get more attention and remain fresh in his mind throughout dinner. Don't complain if he's late for dinner; simply remind him that the leftovers are in the refrigerator and you left the dishes for him to do.

7. Make him comfortable: Tell him where he can find a blanket if he's cold. This will really show you care.

8. Listen to him: But don't ever let him get the last word.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; go with a friend or go shopping (and, of course, use his credit card).

10. The Goal: Try to keep things amicable without reminding him that he only thinks the world revolves around him.

What are the answers to the cake game???

Thanks for posting,

I am dying to get the answers - because I am STUMPED!!! Please post them...

~Gina

chefcharity said:
In case you can't find the game you are looking for, here are the 2 things I do. That way you at least have something :) Good luck!

PCGINA said:
Thanks for posting,

I am dying to get the answers - because I am STUMPED!!! Please post them...

~Gina

I'm with Gina. I thought I was well versed in cake, but I'm stumped on several of these. Please post answers.

Thanks!

Someone just posted an PM to me asking for the answers to this.. so here you go! Sorry about leaving them out!

Name that Cake!

1. A cake found at the bottom of the ocean: __Sponge_____

2. A cake that is an annual event: ____birthday_____________

3. A cake that is also a child’s toy: __marble_______

4. A cake that is sinful: ___devil's food__________

5. A cake that sits on a saucer: ___cupcake_______

6. A cake that is an American Breakfast: ___pancake________

7. A cake that a monkey would like: ___bananna__________

8. A cake that is a heavenly experience: _______angel food_____________

9. A topsy turvy cake: _____pineapple upside down cake_________________

10. A cake that you eat in bed: ____sheet cake_____________________

now, some people come up with some other really good answers, so I always give it to them if they are creative and it makes since!

Have fun!

Thanks for the post. I feel as if I need one of those smileys with a dunce hat on it.

What is the "Help Shower in 2 Hours, Missing Game!"?

The "Help Shower in 2 Hours, Missing Game!" is a popular party game from Pampered Chef that challenges players to complete tasks and solve puzzles in order to help the bride-to-be prepare for her wedding shower in just 2 hours.

How many players can participate in the game?

The game is designed for a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 12 players. However, it can also be modified for larger groups by having players work in teams.

What types of tasks and puzzles are included in the game?

The game includes a variety of tasks and puzzles that are related to planning and preparing for a wedding shower. This can include things like setting up decorations, creating a menu, and coming up with party game ideas.

Is the game suitable for all ages?

Yes, the game is suitable for all ages. However, it is recommended for players who are at least 18 years old in order to fully appreciate the wedding shower theme.

Can the game be customized for different themes or events?

Yes, the game can be customized for different themes or events such as a baby shower or birthday party. Players can modify the tasks and puzzles to fit the specific theme or event they are planning for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tracy Cameron