• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed on Asian Pork Recipe!

In summary, the recipe calls for the use of the 12" SS, but the author has used their Professional Family Skillet and it's still been a delicious recipe. I've made this recipe for a show last week and everyone loved it. I usually use chicken, but I've also used pork and it's been delicious every time. I'm excited to make it this weekend and see how it turns out!
abrahamlaur
I have a host that would like the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet this Saturday at her show but with Chicken. I know some of you were talking about using chicken and different flavor noodles (I THINK) and was wondering if someone could share the *revised* recipe with me??? PLEASE!!! Thank you in advance!

I would use boneless skinless chicken breast and follow the rest of the directions exactly! The Asian flavor will still "match" the chicken and it is soooooooo good!

thanks kelly!

That's what I usually do.

I got the Creamy Chicken flavor ramen one time - yuk. It was OK, but not as fabulous as the Asian flavor.

what skillet is it done in? the ss or the exec?

is this easy to demo? do you all ha ve any suggestions on how to do my demo with this recipe?

It calls for the 12" SS, but I don't have that one. I've used my Professional Family Skillet and it's been fine. You don't get as much fond in the nonstick, but it's still a delicious recipe.

I made this recipe for a show last week. I made it with chicken, and brought it to the show prepared. Everyone LOVED IT!!!!!

I did it the same exact way except i used chicken instead of pork. i did not change any other ingredient or flavors. I have done it severals times and have never used pork.

Whoo Hoo! I was able to find organic ramen noodles in Asian flavor! No MSG, and lower sodium than regular ramen noodles.......I'm going to try this now with chicken.

Everytime that I have made this, people gobbled it up. I will admit that during conference when they announced this recipe, I thought it sounded disgusting. But, I have tried it & it's really yummy! :)

ETA - I guess that really didn't answer your question.... LOL!! I wouldn't make any additional changes to the recipe. So good as is!

I am getting the 12in SS and I can't wait to try this...I think one of my clustermates is making to for our meeting on Monday so I will try it there.

unfortunately i dont have any 12" in pc cookware, i have to use my emeril ss pan ... Just hope it comes out alright! Although thats not very good advertizement for our cookware sella thon :(

does anyone have any demo tips .. she ewants this demo'ed! :(

abrahamlaur said:
unfortunately i dont have any 12" in pc cookware, i have to use my emeril ss pan ... Just hope it comes out alright! Although thats not very good advertizement for our cookware sella thon :(

does anyone have any demo tips .. she ewants this demo'ed! :(

Yeah, it is a good advertisement, make it a positive. Say you are so in love with our cookware that you are willing to give up your Emeril SS pan for it and as a consultant you can earn it for free!!!!

Tell them to sign up with you and earn themselves cookware for free too!

I used 2 beef flavor noodle & 2 oriental and it tasted just the same.

(for some reason I picked up 2 beef by mistake) Thought I would throw that out in case your in a pinch.:)

Laurie,
My director has offered in the past to let me borrow cookware for this purpose. It wouldn't hurt to ask?! I've also made the dish 5 or 6 times--but for family--always with chicken. In the absence of the Asian seasoning mix, I've used garlic, sesame seeds, and ginger. Good luck!

i too am making this Tue. for a show!! I'll make it this weekend as a 'test' to make sure I don't mess it up. I'm so excited..The 12 " EXec skillet just came in the mail today :> YEEHA!

Honestly, if you don't have a PC 12" skillet, and if you can't borrow one, than I would tell the host that you don't have the right products to make that recipe, and suggest an alternative.

We are not selling recipes - the recipe is just the vehicle to sell the products - and one of the main products you would be demoing with this recipe is cookware.
As an example - if you were selling MK, you wouldn't demo skincare using Nutragena or some other product.
Use a recipe that will showcase the products you have!

thanks fellow cheffers ... i'm not making this recipe for her anymroe because we have figured out that i cant get the cookware to borrow and she has an incredibly small kitchen, no one would be able to watch the demo anyways, so i'm thinking of making the aloha pizza, thats what she had at the show she booked from and she really liked it. i'll do something in my little 8" saute pan to show cookware, just gotta figure out what

abrahamlaur said:
thanks fellow cheffers ... i'm not making this recipe for her anymroe because we have figured out that i cant get the cookware to borrow and she has an incredibly small kitchen, no one would be able to watch the demo anyways, so i'm thinking of making the aloha pizza, thats what she had at the show she booked from and she really liked it. i'll do something in my little 8" saute pan to show cookware, just gotta figure out what

Ohhh, Laurie! Do you have the caramel or cinnamon sprinkles? If you do, you could make sprinkles biscuit bites! Make them just like the garlic biscuit bites, but instead of using garlic and italian seasoning, use the sprinkles and some brown sugar......soooo yummy, and you can have them coming out of the oven as people are sitting down for the show, and show them how easily they come out of the pan. Slide them onto a piece of SA, and pass them around with the small bamboo tongs!

I have a question for those of you that have made this. Do you think it could be made in a 10" pan?

If you broke up the noodles to fit in it, is should work. My family loves this one.

Here's another question for those of you who've made this. How different would the end result be if this were done in nonstick cookware?

That's the only way I've made it. It's yummy. Done in a SS pan, there would be more fond, so the sauce on the noodles would have a darker, more complex flavor from it. But it's still fabulous done in non-stick.

Thanks for the input Ann! I was leaning towards the 12" Exec. for my POR points and I you just helped to seal the deal.

1. How do I make the Asian pork recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use tamari or gluten-free soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce. You can also substitute cornstarch for the flour in the recipe. Additionally, make sure to use gluten-free hoisin sauce and oyster sauce, or make your own using gluten-free ingredients.

2. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Simply follow the instructions for preparing the pork and sauce, then place everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. You may need to thicken the sauce with cornstarch before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, if you do not eat pork, you can use chicken or beef instead. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken and beef may take longer to cook. You can also use tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian option.

4. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the sauce?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use honey instead of brown sugar, or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the dish.

5. How can I make this recipe spicier?

If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add red pepper flakes or Sriracha to the sauce, or use a spicy chili sauce instead of regular chili paste. You can also top the dish with sliced jalapenos or other hot peppers before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • silly@hrt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • Luv2bake