• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Coconut Shrimp Recipe for Luau

In summary, the coconut shrimp recipe makes about 20-24 shrimp and can serve 4-6 people as an appetizer or 2-3 people as a main dish. Frozen shrimp can be used, but must be thawed and dried before coating. The shrimp should be fried for 2-3 minutes on each side or baked in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut can be used, but adjust the sugar if using sweetened. The shrimp can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
Wendyss
Gold Member
I can't find the recipe that has been talked about for coconut shrimp. I am doing a luau theme and need it. I have the recipe for the sizzling coconut shrimp cakes. Can someone please post it or tell me where to find it? TIA.

It is in the appetizer section of the It's Good for You cookbook. Sorry, I can't get on the site right now.

Hi there! I'm not sure which recipe you're referring to, but here's a simple and delicious coconut shrimp recipe that might work for your luau theme:Ingredients:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil for fryingInstructions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
3. Dip each shrimp in the flour mixture, then the beaten eggs, and finally the shredded coconut.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Fry the coated shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy your luau-themed coconut shrimp!I hope this helps and that your luau is a success! Happy cooking!

1. How many servings does the coconut shrimp recipe make?

The coconut shrimp recipe makes about 20-24 shrimp, which can serve 4-6 people as an appetizer or 2-3 people as a main dish.

2. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before coating them in the coconut mixture.

3. How long do I need to fry the shrimp for?

The shrimp should be fried for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. You can also bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes if you prefer a healthier option.

4. Can I use sweetened shredded coconut instead of unsweetened?

Yes, you can use either sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut for this recipe. However, if you use sweetened coconut, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe to avoid it being too sweet.

5. Can I make the coconut shrimp ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the coconut shrimp ahead of time. After frying or baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Staci
  • raebates
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc