• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! My Bf Soaked My Dcb in Soapy Water...

In summary, the baker is mad because she thinks her food is ruined because of a soapy dish she left on the counter and her step-mother uses soap to wash her stone. HO suggests baking soda paste to soak the dish and if it doesn't work, they will try another option. The baker is still mad because her dish is in the sink with soap water.
emo812
for over 30 minutes. I'm just beyond myself right now! What should I do? Is it completely ruined?
I know that the #1 rule is NO SOAP and I thought that he knew it too! I don't want all my stuff to taste soapy and I have a show next week. I've had this baker for a year now so it was seasoned good and everything. I'm so mad right now!!HO suggested a baking soda paste overnight and then rinse well. Has anyone done this before? I really don't want to have soapy food now especially since I'm using it for a show next week.HELP!!!

Last edited:
I've heard of cooking a crescent roll dough and trowing it out afterwards. The dough should absorb the soap from the dish. Never tried it myself... Worth a try right?

I'd try the baking soda paste. If it's seasoned well, you're probably ok. The oils that season the stones tend to repel the soap. Just do a test run and make sure stuff doesn't taste like soap before your show.

Chef Gilles said:
I've heard of cooking a crescent roll dough and trowing it out afterwards. The dough should absorb the soap from the dish. Never tried it myself... Worth a try right?

Ohhhhh I haven't heard that before but I'll keep it in mind in case it ever happens to me!

I have it caked with baking soda paste right now so keep your fingers crossed that it works. I don't want to be paranoid that everything tastes soapy now!! I know he was just trying to help but I'm still mad! I had it soaking with hot water on the counter when I left for my meeting and then I get back and it's in the sink with soap water. Awesome! To top it off he acts like it's no big deal it'll be fine...it's not ruined. Arrggh!!!

Tell him if it isn't, he owes you another one- at $69! Then it might be more of a big deal to him. :)

I'm sure it's fine. The worse thing it could have done is remove seasoning. Cook something in it before the party to reassure yourself. If the taste isn't right (and remember, YOU will be looking for it to taste bad - the mind plays tricks), then spread some crescent rolls on it, cook them and throw them away. Don't worry.

Men! Right? :grumpy:

My step-mother has the large round stone and she insists on washing it with soap, and then afterwards with lots of hot water to remove the soap. She's been doing this for years, and I've never tasted any soap in any of her cooking. I'm not recommending this, but I don't think your stoneware piece is ruined either.

I have another friend who's washed her stone in the dishwasher! Other customers who insist on using soap. So it shouldn't be ruined...let us know if the paste worked. I've heard of it, but never had to use it, so it's a bit of an urban legend with me. :D

I thought the stone was non porus so stuff wouldn't leave weird tastes in it anyways.?

Tonyphel00 said:
I thought the stone was non porus so stuff wouldn't leave weird tastes in it anyways.?

The soap could bond with the "seasoning" and that's why there is sometimes a soapy taste.

**TRUE CONFESSION!**:eek::eek::eek:

Often, I will wash my seasoned stones with a soapy cloth - especially if I've cooked something greasy like bacon or a whole chicken. I just want to get the greasy feeling off. It's never taken off the seasoning, or made food taste soapy.

I used to clean my stoneware with soap, in my pre-PC days. It's not the end of the world, your DCB is not ruined- it will be 100% fine, your food will not taste like soap.

As a pp mentioned, the way oil and soap are chemically designed they bond to each other, so because the oils stay on the stoneware (hence the seasoning of the stoneware) the soap could bond with it and stay there as well. So there is a small chance that your food could taste soapy, but mine never has, and I've never heard of anyone else's tasting like that either.

ChefBeckyD said:
**TRUE CONFESSION!**:eek::eek::eek:

Often, I will wash my seasoned stones with a soapy cloth - especially if I've cooked something greasy like bacon or a whole chicken. I just want to get the greasy feeling off. It's never taken off the seasoning, or made food taste soapy.

The key here is that you are using a soapy cloth so it's being rinsed off immediately, not having a chance to "bond" with your seasoning. I have done the same thing.

1. How do I remove the soap smell from my boyfriend's clothes after he was soaked in soapy water?

To remove the soap smell from your boyfriend's clothes, try soaking them in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for 30 minutes. Then wash the clothes with detergent and hang them to dry in the sun.

2. Will the soap ruin my boyfriend's clothes?

The soap may cause some damage to delicate fabrics, so it's best to wash the clothes as soon as possible to prevent any potential damage. If the clothes are heavily soiled, it may be necessary to pre-treat them before washing.

3. Can I use regular laundry detergent to wash my boyfriend's clothes?

Yes, you can use regular laundry detergent to wash your boyfriend's clothes. Be sure to follow the instructions on the detergent bottle and wash the clothes on the appropriate setting for the fabric.

4. How can I prevent this from happening again?

To prevent your boyfriend from getting soaked in soapy water again, make sure to use a proper container for soaking and always supervise him while he is doing dishes. You can also suggest wearing an apron to protect his clothes.

5. Should I be worried about any potential skin irritation from the soapy water?

If your boyfriend has sensitive skin, he may experience some irritation from the soapy water. It's best to rinse his skin with clean water after being soaked and to avoid any further contact with the soap. If irritation persists, consult a doctor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies