• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Lost My Voice - Any Remedies?

In summary, the person lost their voice due to howling at the moon. They give great tips on how to overcome the situation.
yummybytes
Silver Member
So .. um. I MAY have lost my voice last Thursday at conference and PERHAPS it has not come back to me yet.

Anyone have nay tried and true methods to bring your voice back? I do not want to be sounding like nails on a chalk board at my upcoming shows. Really. It's just not attractive.

Tea and honey and lemon isn't making any impact at all. Neither is Riccola...

I lost my voice for five days back in may. I work with kids, so it wasn't easy. All they told me was to drink lots of fluids, avoid whispering or otherwise straining your voice, take something to help with congestion, and try not to clear your throat. Otherwise, you just have to wait it out. Hope your voice comes back soon!

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry! Keep your throat moist. Don't talk at all if you can help it. That's about the only advice I have.

I work with kids too in P.E.!!! I lost my voice in May for about 2-3 weeks!!! It was so hard and frustrating. I drank more hot tea with honey you could ever imagine. Gargled salt water (YUK!) and everything else. Just waiting it out is your best bet. Lots of hot liquids, salt water gargles, etc. I did wrap a warm moist towel around my neck and that seemed to help some. Google it on the internet, that's what I did and there may be more tricks as well that I have forgotten. Hang in there and try not to talk much. I know that's real hard for us PC girls!!! :)

Tea is one of the worst things you can do for lost voice/sore throat. The tannins actually dry out your throat, making the situation worse.Keep your throat "lubed" by drinking lots of fluids. Plain water is the best. If you need some flavor, add a little lemon or honey. DON'T whisper - it strains your vocal chords more than talking naturally. So does clearing your throat - so avoid that, too.Sounds like you may have to have some audience participation at your upcoming shows. Make numbered "cue cards", pass them out, and have each guest do that portion of the show by reading the card. You can give them a little gift (like a Twixit or something) as a thank you.

Thanks Ann and Jenn... I am in this boat with you... I haven't totally lost it, but the more I talk, the more it hurts and by the end of a phone call (I work on the phones) I sound like a 50 year old chain smoker (no offense if any of you are...). To top it off I got a low-grade fever and have been kind of dizzy, especially at work when I was wearing heels... and I have a show on Thursday! I'll gladly take any advice one has as well!

I guess you lost your voice from howling at the moon! LOL :D
I know I did!!:D

Try not to speak and you will get your voice back.;)

Thank you all for the advice... let's hope it makes its appearance again soon. I'll avoid the tea, keep drinking water, and try not to talk as much. Just pray for my kids to behave, please! :)

Great tips as well, Ann. It's a family show and a lot of them have been to shows of mine in the past so this might be a great way to shake things up a little :)

Related to Help! Lost My Voice - Any Remedies?

1. What can I do to get my voice back quickly?

There are several remedies you can try to help get your voice back quickly. Some popular options include drinking warm water with honey and lemon, gargling with salt water, and using throat lozenges or sprays. Resting your voice and avoiding talking or whispering can also help.

2. Are there any natural remedies for lost voice?

Yes, there are many natural remedies that can help with a lost voice. Some popular options include drinking herbal teas with ingredients like ginger or licorice, taking steam showers or using a humidifier to soothe the throat, and consuming foods with anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric or garlic.

3. How long does it typically take to regain my voice?

The time it takes to regain your voice can vary depending on the cause of your lost voice and how well you take care of your throat. In most cases, it takes 2-3 days for a lost voice to recover, but it can take up to 2 weeks in some cases.

4. Can I still work if I've lost my voice?

If you have a job that requires talking, it may be difficult to work with a lost voice. However, if your job allows for it, you can still work while taking care of your voice. It's important to rest your voice as much as possible and communicate with your coworkers and employer about your condition.

5. When should I see a doctor for a lost voice?

If your lost voice lasts longer than 2 weeks, you should see a doctor to determine the underlying cause. You should also see a doctor if you experience difficulty breathing, severe pain, or a fever. These could be signs of a more serious condition that requires medical attention.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • krwebster
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kspry
  • thechefofnorthbend