• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!!!!!!75-80 People, What Do I Make

maybe you could have the food prepped and ready to go so that the guests don't have to worry about it?If there are really that many people attending (believe it when you get there), the majority of your time is going to be taken up moving people through the ordering process. I agree. Maybe just go over our collections (stoneware, cookware, cutlery, etc.) & share how they can choose products for the bride (& mention how they can get products for themselves too), etc., then make yourself available for orders. That's A LOT of people if that many actually come! Make sure the bride has a HUGE wish list! Good luck!!Hi,
Chef_Jeannie
Hi,

I have a bridal shower booked for 5/4, and just found out it's going to be between 75-80 ladies.

I have no idea what to make.

I am new, and have just turned in my 1st 4 shows, and over 1250 in sales. I didn't realize how big this was going to be. I was thinking about 15-20.

I'm not complaning, just need some guidance.

Thanks so much!
Jeannie

CONGRATULATIONS!
Pre-make EVERYTHING! I would make a trifle, the Collosal salad from SB, a pizza or two, etc.

focus on salads and pasta salad. or just do desserts. do a triffle, browies, bundt cake, fruit salad, etc.

Good luck. let us know how it went!

Just like a regular show, I don't cook to feed the guests at a shower -- that is the responsiblity of the Host. We are there to give some ideas and provide a sample.

Decide what you're going to make and make two (one ahead) and just do a bit of assembling on the second. You might want to focus more on having an especially nice display (I'm guessing you'll be at some type of hall -- tough to fit that many people in a home).

If there are really that many people attending (believe it when you get there), the majority of your time is going to be taken up moving people through the ordering process.

Last edited:
I agree... work with the shower hosts to maybe use PC recipes and products so that they can help sell more to oneanother but you are not the caterer. Have fun! You'll do SUPER!

Wow, great turnout!! Hope all goes well for you!!

Thanks for the advice.

I just didn't want to get overwhelmed.

chefjeanine said:
If there are really that many people attending (believe it when you get there), the majority of your time is going to be taken up moving people through the ordering process.

I agree. Maybe just go over our collections (stoneware, cookware, cutlery, etc.) & share how they can choose products for the bride (& mention how they can get products for themselves too), etc., then make yourself available for orders. That's A LOT of people if that many actually come! Make sure the bride has a HUGE wish list! Good luck!!

Chef_Jeannie said:
Hi,

I have a bridal shower booked for 5/4, and just found out it's going to be between 75-80 ladies.

I have no idea what to make.

I am new, and have just turned in my 1st 4 shows, and over 1250 in sales. I didn't realize how big this was going to be. I was thinking about 15-20.

I'm not complaning, just need some guidance.

Thanks so much!
Jeannie

The tuxedo brownie bites are inexpensive to make and you can make 48+ with one recipie.

Work with the host. Suggest that they have the food prepared ahead and give them several recipes. Either make a recipe ahead of time and air demo it during the shower or talk through it and do the final garnishes in front of the group.

There is no way that you will be able to control a group that large with a traditional show so here is what I would do:

During host coaching I have the couple make an extensive wish list. I put her choices on cut out flowers and wooden skewers and then make a layered bouquet out of the stainless steel bowls (with that many people you would need to have several bouquets (you can use inexpensive clay flower pots or whatever) or you could do a large board with each item on a different card for them to take or however you want to get the wish list out to the guests... Be sure that the host and the bride know that guests are NOT TO BRING GIFTS and that they will be purchasing them at the shower.

As people come in show them the wish list and suggest they shop for the bride while they are waiting for things to get started. Get everyone's attention. Congratulate the couple and thank the host for choosing a Pampered Bride Shower. Tell them that what ever their budget it gives the couple even more with this kind of shower because she will be getting extra products for free depending on the total purchased and that they can buy for themselves or purchase other gifts too and it all adds up to more free for the bride.

Have a display of some of the more popular products and talk very briefly about the different products - do the air demo. Remind them to order for themselves. Play a short game. Keep it all short. It's all about the bride.

PS YOU do not have to provide all the food for the shower!!

I haven't done a PC shower yet, but with that many people, I would let them know that if she has some larger priced items (cookware, forged knives) that they can donate a specific amount of $$ towards whatever she would want to buy...or they can pick out an arrangement of products for her (and themselves) Just make sure they notate on the order form if the item is for her (maybe with a B) or for them.

I agree with others...you are not responsible for catering for them. You are there to demo (if you want to do a demo...) and facilitate getting the orders for the bride. Don't let them take advantage of you!

I also have a bridal shower on 5/18 and the bride to be told me,-- I have no kitchen stuff I need the whole book, she is a realtor and recently opened her own remax franchise..........she told me to take care of the shower with her sister in law which is also her receptionist..............and I think it's going to be a pretty big crowd.............she would like to do it with kind of a Happy Hour theme.........that's why we picked a friday.................little detail I forgot..........groom will be moving from england and is a cook...................

Something cheap! And let's not forget elegant....a trifle would be perfect w/o busting your budget. And if you needed, you could always pack the makings of a 2nd one (same flavor or diff) in a small cooler to bring with you and assemble one there. But I wouldn't go all out myself either.....PC isn't a catering biz. Good luck! That's a ton of ppl!

brendaivette said:
I also have a bridal shower on 5/18 and the bride to be told me,-- I have no kitchen stuff I need the whole book, she is a realtor and recently opened her own remax franchise..........she told me to take care of the shower with her sister in law which is also her receptionist..............and I think it's going to be a pretty big crowd.............she would like to do it with kind of a Happy Hour theme.........that's why we picked a friday.................little detail I forgot..........groom will be moving from england and is a cook...................

Sounds like a sip & dip party (you can find ideas for this in the files if you search under sip). This works great as you can put out the mandoline, knives, and cutting boards for people to cut up vegetables right at the "dip" table.

Chef_Jeannie said:

Wow that is great. May this be a fantastic success for you. As everyone else has said we are not caterers so simply work with bride so that your food is something "added" to what else is being served.

Get help. Get your director, your recruiter. I've had huge shows before, and it's no fun for ANYBODY for you to be there for 4,5,6 hours.

Get someone to briefly check orders for - total / shipping / checks made payable / accurate CC info. DON'T put orders into a computer at the show--takes too long.

Do tuxedo brownie cups or something that is hands-on for guests.

Do a SINGLE DEMO. S I N G L E D E M O. No one wants to watch you for hours and hours while you attempt to feed all these people.

Keep it about the bride, the groom, and the products.

Congrats - you're going to have a great show! God Bless You!

wow, congratulations. I dont' have any pc shower experience to share, but will just echo everyone else's sentiments... keep it simple. I often make the mistake of doing too much when I entertain... did this when I did my spring pc open house. I am now planning aHWC kickoff and I am doing just several desserts b/c I know they can be done in advance. I wouldn't demo anything if I were you--maybe just the final touch. I would do the lime berry trifle, super easy, have all the "layers" already made and just assemble, maybe slice the limes in front of them cause that gets ooohs and ahhhs, and then add your whip cream from the decorator to top it off. You could easily do a second--borrow a bowl or do a super speedy assembly with preprepped ingredients when the first runs out. Good luck, I bet you'll rake in the sales!:)

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and great ideas.

I have emailed with my director and she is very supportive. She has some product boards and other things she offered to let me borrow.

We are going to talk on the phone, to brainstorm and come up with quick easy ideas.

I have the invites ready for the hostess to mail...I did a flyer and address labels and printed off an extra set of address labels for the Bride's thank you notes.

I'm so excited, I took the day off from my F/T job to prepare.

It's a relative so I want to make it great.

Play a game...do a search on here for bridal games...
have the bride help you assemble the dessert - make it fun!!
...i think a trifle would be great..easy quick and feeds alot of people a little sampling...

Dip with veggies on Chillzanne Rect. Server...All done ahead.

That's awesome!!! Best of luck!!
And let everyone know that they can buy for the bride AND themselves and she gets the host benefits!!! She'll rack up!

Congrats on the great shower coming up!. At almost all my bridal showers (20+), I have made Clubhouse Chicken Squares in the Large Bar Pan or the Rectangle Stone. One group (in a real small town) calls me whenever one of their children is getting married and sometimes these have been close to 50 people, so I do 2 sets of the squares. I usually come with the crescent roll dough baked and just top it off at the shower...the bride comes up and she tops off one while I'm doing the other one at the same time. Keeps the demo short and keeps the focus on the bride. This group of hosts then usually brings sweet desserts, etc. to compliment the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Everyone likes me bringing them, even when they've been brought to more than 1 shower for the same group of people and they're usually over $1000 shows. You will probably want help figuring orders for sure, so you're not there forever. Talk to a bridesmaid or someone who may be able to help. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.

I have asked my sister to be my assistant.

I'm just going to set the products up, and have some bite size snacks made ahead of time. I'm going to focus on the bride, but explain how the shower works, I think with a group this large a demo would be difficult.

I was thinking about ordering the mini catalogs for the shower, so I don't have so much stuff, what do you think?

Does anyone have any ideas about a game for a group this large.

As nice a price point as mini catalogs are, I think full size ones are going to be the best bet. This way people will hopefully buy for themselves and not only the bride. Also the cookware spread is so nice in the full size catalog that maybe some people will combine $$ and order the cookware for her! I think it will be worth the investment to do the full size catalogs... jmo...

This is a cute idea...This has some cute ideas that I received at one point (I think from here). I really like the o0ne abo ut the 50s wife.

HTH!

Attachments

• bridal theme - cues.doc
    53 KB · Views: 488
Love all these suggestions - Thanks!I was so glad to see this thread. I have a fundraiser scheduled for June where they asked if I could handle at least 50 people! (I just started in March 07). OF COURSE I CAN!!

My donation to their fundraiser is the food for the recipes. I will NOT be supplying all the food for the party - just the recipe food. I am thinking of doing the Mandarin Pasta Salad as the demo and then having the Berries and Cream Wanton cups all set to go since the wontons can be made in advance.

I WILL have help too. Hopefully my recruiter if she doesn't book a show, and maybe a local teenager for the small stuff. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Oh by the way, this is an Outdoor party so I don't want to have to run to the kitchen for anything.

How are your preperations coming for your huge shower?

Well, I'm getting excited.

I have the wish list made and printed, OOF that have the space for "The Couple" and a section "For Yourself". Purchased pens to make sure everyone has a pen.

I am making 5 Taco Rings and 8 dozen bite size brownies w/chocolate mousse topping. And two Low-Cal Strawberry Shortcakes in the Torte Pans.

I think there will be about 55-60 people there. Maybe a few less, but it looks like it going to be a fantastic turn out.

I already have over $100.00 in orders from people who cannot attend, I'm hoping to get a few more.

I'll post the results, later in the weekend.

If people purchase product for themselves, would you have it shipped directly to them? I'm afraid of how much work this will make on the Mother of the Groom so close to the wedding, sorting all the stuff and getting it delivered?

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Would you be willing to post your OOF here? I have a bridal shower coming up in June and I'd love to see it.

I completely agree with GET HELP. I had a shower in January that was supposed to be 50-60, ended up with about 35-40. I took a couple of the ladies from my down line and my mom. They were able to enter orders while I talked to the guests and helped make selections. I have the guest highlight the items that they are buying for themselves, so we know what goes to the bride. I do something similar to Beth's idea, I use index cards, one for each product. Then I have each guest fill out a little note card to the couple and slip the cards for the items they have purchased into the card. That way the couple can use them to keep track for thank you cards. I also have the BRIDE do the demo. I help her, but I actually have her do it. Something really simple and quick. Good luck! and congrats!

Is the mother the host of the shower? Maybe the order can be sent to an aunt or friend, someone who has more time? I 'm sure you will do great and be on a lookout for a recruit. Have fun!

Good luck with your shower! Sounds like a good one. Does the MOG live close to you? Maybe you could help her sort everything when it arrives.

Do you have a recipe for the strawberry shortcake? Sounds good!!

Ditto on the OOF. That sounds really good for a shower!

The MOG is my aunt, and we live in different cities. She is very busy, she is a school teacher, with school getting ready to end, she is working on several school programs. I'm just concerened with this many people and getting it delivered. I can go and help her sort it out. I don't want it to be a hassle, I want it to be fun and easy for everyone.

I'm not sure how to attach a file, but I'll be happy to email it to you.

Thanks,
Jeannie

Okay... I'l PM you my email or you can go below the quick reply box, click on Go Advanced and click on Manage Attachments to see how to attach... whichever way is easiest for you is great! Thanks!

I'm trying to attach the order form.

Thanks,
Jeannie

Attachments

• Bridal Shower Order Form.doc
    184 KB · Views: 408
Thanks! That's a really great form. Do you use it for everyone at the show too, or just outside orders? I'm really hoping to get some wedding showers! I've only done one-last year & I was a guest at my SIL's before I joined PC. The mothers that I know that have children getting married keep trying to get their kids to have one, but they all say no. Ugh!

YEA!!!! Thanks! This is so great! You did a super job!

This is my first Bridal Shower...I started on 3/30/07, so I pretty new.

I think if this form proves easy to use, I'll use it at all my showers. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'm kinda nervous, but I have my sister and my step daughter enlisted to help me out. I'm hoping to get several bookings and maybe a recruiting lead from the shower.

I'm doing more than I normally would, because it's for family.

You are doing great! Say a prayer and go forth and enjoy the fun! We are all here for you and look... you have already shared this valuable form with us... I KNOW you are sharing valuable tips and uses with your guests! Have fun!

Here is my version of the Low Calorie Strawberry Shortcake.

Thanks,
Jeannie

Attachments

• Low Calorie Strawberry Shortcake.doc
    20 KB · Views: 269
Jeannie,

Not sure how you are presenting the wish list to your guests (if you are using Beth's flower format, read no further).

If you are circulating a list. . .

Make sure there is only ONE list and divide that single list into pieces. I enlarge the list on a copy machine and cut it into pieces. This will allow more than one person at a time to look at the list (at least a piece of it) and keeps people from making duplicate purchases because there is only one list. This is crucial when you have a big group.

Tell them that when they decide they are going to purchase something from the list THEY MUST CROSS THAT ITEM OFF!!!! (unless the bride wants two and they are only buying one, then they need to write a note next to that item).

You should have in intact copy of the wishlist at your check out station so you can cross off items as they are purchased. This is a double check so there are not mulitiples of an item purchased.

Good luck and have fun.

I actually have a wish list for each person, along with a catalog, and an order form.

I have a presentation board, that I have each product on a blue sticky note, it lists the Product Item#, Product Name, Cost, and Page #. I thought I would have it sitting where they can get to it. I was going to ask them to remove the item from the board and stick onto their order form, and write their name on that item.

I thought I would explain if the item has been removed from the presentation board, then it has already been purchased.

Does this sound too complicated?

Sounds like that will work. . .just some way for them to know when an item has been purchased.

Yes, some people will find this complicated (there are always a few who just don't grasp what we see as a simple process). Be sure to explain it very carefully (and twice) and keep the board out of traffic patterns where it will slow folks down or where it's difficult to reach.

It's probably too late now. . .but you are making an awful lot of food. Next time be kinder to yourself. :)

I'm only preparing that much, because it's family. I'll be sure to know how many are expected before giving them recipe choices.

I'm not going to do much a a demo. I'm making the brownies tonight, baking the Torte's, and browning the ground beef.

I'm trying to do as much prep work as I can today, plus, I took the day off from my f/t job.

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck. You'll be tired but it will be fun. I really enjoy doing bridal showers.

Hello All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update, we had 30 people acutally attend the shower.

I think it was a success, it is over $600.00 right now, I'm waiting on a couple of more orders, I'm hoping to get it to over $700.00.

All the ladies loved the food, and said they had a great time. I did the 1950's and today's housewife, they enjoyed that. I also gave everyone a necklace (ribbon with a lifesaver), and when someone said the word "Wedding" they could take that person's necklace. It was a lot of fun. Plus, I know the groom, so I called him and asked him 12 questions, and had the bride try to answer the questions. For every right answer, she receive a Hershey's Kiss, for every wrong answer, she had to chew a stick of gum, and she couldn't remove the gum, until after the game. The poor girl had 6 sticks of gum. Everyone got a big kick out of the questions, and that game.

My aunt said, everyone was talking about how much fun they had on Sunday at church.

No shows, booked yet, but I have a couple of maybe's I need to follow-up on.

Thanks for all the advice. I feel my first shower was a great success!
Jeannie

Glad it worked out for you! LOVE what you did, BTW!

great to hear that it all turned out great!! Good for you!

Chef_Jeannie said:
Hello All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update, we had 30 people acutally attend the shower.

I think it was a success, it is over $600.00 right now, I'm waiting on a couple of more orders, I'm hoping to get it to over $700.00.

My aunt said, everyone was talking about how much fun they had on Sunday at church.

No shows, booked yet, but I have a couple of maybe's I need to follow-up on.

That is great. Congrats on having such a successful shower. Remember to change your highest show to reflect this one. :D

I'd put the maybes in the system as definites and that way if they do decide to do a show in a few months the bride can get the host special.

After the bridal registry is updated remind the bride to email everyone that did not make it to the shower that they can still order presents for her from her bridal registry.

And again, congrats.

1. What are some ideas for easy and quick dishes that can serve a large group?

For a group of 75-80 people, it's best to stick with easy and quick dishes that can be made in large quantities. Some ideas include pasta dishes, casseroles, slow cooker meals, and dishes that can be prepped ahead of time.

2. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef products that would be helpful for cooking for a large group?

Absolutely! Some great Pampered Chef products for cooking for a large group include the Deluxe Cooking Blender, the Large Bar Pan, the Large Round Stone, and the Large Serving Spatula. These products are designed to make cooking for a crowd easier and more efficient.

3. What are some tips for planning and preparing food for a large group?

First, make a list of all the guests and any dietary restrictions or allergies they may have. This will help you plan your menu accordingly. Next, choose dishes that can be made in large batches and consider using disposable serving dishes to make clean up easier. You can also enlist the help of friends or family to assist with preparation and serving.

4. How can I make sure I have enough food for 75-80 people without overspending?

One way to ensure you have enough food without overspending is to plan a menu that includes a variety of dishes, such as appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. This way, guests can choose what they want to eat and you won't have to make large quantities of each dish. Another tip is to buy ingredients in bulk from stores like Costco or Sam's Club.

5. What are some crowd-pleasing dishes that are easy to make with Pampered Chef products?

Some crowd-pleasing dishes that are easy to make with Pampered Chef products include the Veggie Pizza, the Spinach Artichoke Dip, the Southwest Chicken Salad, the Taco Ring, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza. These dishes are not only delicious, but they can also be made quickly and easily with the help of Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • tiffanypc05