1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hawaiian Luau Recipes...wheat gluten free/meal

1. Nfldfran

Nfldfran Member

Hello everyone

I have a Theme show on June 20th. The hostess cannot tolerate wheat gluten/meal. Can anyone help with a recipe suggestion that fits the theme and her dietary restrictions?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Jun 3, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Can you do a Hawaiian Haystacks bar? Then she can put on what she's okay with? I don't have a PC recipe, but the gravy/sauce part could be made ahead and warmed up in the DCB, and then use all the tools to cut up and prepare the toppings. Use the Rice Cooker Plus for the rice (and she can just leave the rice out for her own portion).

Jun 3, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

You could do rice in the rice cooker, and a pork tenderloin in the DCB, topping it with the Pineapple Rum Sauce after it's cooked. Cut up a pineapple, too. Serve the pork over the rice.

mmm... that sounds like a good dinner for next week.

Jun 3, 2009
  4. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

I'm doing a Hawaiian Luau show next weekend... chicken & pineapple kabobs with the Spicy Pineapple & Rum Sauce and then a Pineapple Upside Down cake (which doesn't work for gluten-free)... My question is, what are Hawaiian Haystacks/a Hawaiian Haystacks bar?

Jun 3, 2009
  5. babywings76

Oh, you know I was just thinking to myself that I should go get that recipe and post it in case someone asks about what it is. :D

I'll go get it...

Jun 3, 2009
  6. babywings76

Okay, here's the recipe I like to use (there's a ton of variations people come up with, but I'm partial to this one...):

2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup milk
    3 cups cooked, chopped chicken (you can cook the chicken in the DCB and then chop w/ salad choppers)

Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan (or I've also done this in a crockpot to fix it and forget it...if you want this for a home recipe and not for a show--but the saucepan is fastest) Since owning the DCB, I haven't tried it...I need to one of these days. I'm sure it would be a fine substitute for the saucepan.

Simmer about 8-10 minutes, until heated through. Serve over rice (this recipe calls for 4 cups cooked rice), and top w/ whatever toppings your family likes.

Here's the toppings I usually like (and others that people request):
    chow mein crunchy noodles
    chopped bell pepper
    chopped green onions
    chopped celery
    slivered almonds
    coconut
    shredded cheddar cheese
    pineapple tidbits
    tomatoes

This is a large recipe and can go far for a show and your family. I have doubled it for church events. But it's so yummy and simple. And people can customize their own serving.

Jun 3, 2009
  7. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

You could even ask your host if she has a gluten free cake mix - they are out there... it is amazing everything that is gluten free. She is used to having to walk people through this, trust me, she'll understand you needing a little guidance. :)

Jun 3, 2009
Have something to add?