• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using baskets to boost bookings for your show?

In summary, many consultants recommend giving a gift to a potential client when they book a show. The most common items are consumables like sprinkles or cutlery, or small pieces of jewelry or pottery. This way, the client has something to take home and may feel more inclined to actually hold the show.
ahammons
I can't seem to find any of the threads right now, but I know I've read about this on here before. For my show next week, I'm going to take 3 baskets with dates I want to book and a picture of an item from the catalog that they'll get if they hold the show on that date. Who has tried this, and has it worked? Are there certain items that seem to attract bookings more than others? If they held the show on the certain date, did you just add the item onto their host order at the end of the show? Just looking for some tips on how to do this. Thanks in advance!

If you search on "book to look" you'll find a lot of information on that. When I take those things with me, I usually forget to mention them, so I'm no help at all. :)

Good luck!

Thanks Ann! I found a couple of files with book to look info in them, but my computer keeps messing up everytime I try to open them!

Does anyone have suggestions for what products to use to attract bookings?

Gift at showI usually try to use incentives to book shows too, but I don't give it to them until the day of their show. This is a sort of insurance to make sure they actually go through with it and showing them a picture or telling them what they will get inside of envelopes for certain days works for me.

Just my opinion!!

Debbie :D

A lot of people use small, popular items, $10 or less. If you include 1 or 2 that are higher priced, (and tell them that there are a couple that are $15 value), it will increase the chances that people will want to book to get one. Another good one to include is the Round-Up Trivet. It's a $12 item, but you'll be helping out the food bank - and it will count toward your Round-Up totals for next year's conference. It also helps to include things that people can use duplicates of.

Some good items:
Kitchen Spritzer
RUFTH Trivet
Free recipe ingredients
Hot pad/trivet
Large Serving Spatula
Pizza Cutter
Recipe card set
Veg. peeler
Bamboo Spoon Set

There's a .zip file in the files called Products.zip. If you go in there, it has all the current and recently retired (from the last 5 years) products. You can sort it by cost and get a list of things that are around $10 (or just go into PP/P3).

Edited to add: as Debbie said - don't give them the actual item until they have the show. Put it on their host order. That way you aren't out anything if they cancel.

I was thinking that I'd just add it onto their order when they close their show. I'm going to use the baskets with dates I really want filled first - they'll have products in them. But I'll bring a couple of envelopes too, in case someone wants to book a show for a different date - these will have free shipping, or extra $ off, or something like that.

Thanks for the ideas Ann!!

I know many consultants DON'T like this idea but I have had pretty good luck w/ it...give them the gift when they book, I think it makes them feel obligated to hold. I haven't had anyone cancel after they have taken a gift home.

Of corse it's a crap shoot but I figure there are more honest people out there than not..at least I like to think this.:rolleyes:

I like the idea, too, of putting the pictures in balloons and writing the date on the balloon in marker. They get to pop the balloon when they book and get the product at their show. You could use different colored balloons for the occassion, if there is any.

This idea was from a 'book to look' thread.

We had Linda Bowles from the Home Office speak at our Fall Kickoff Saturday. She suggested using consumables ex. sweet cinnamon or caramel sprinkles and items that are part of a collection ex. simple additions, forged cutlery, stoneware. She then would say if giving an item from a collection that she is giving them a piece to "start their collection". I like the consumables idea the most.

I give them a small gift right away. That way they leave with something right away. I've only had a few cancel that got a gift over the past year, but it was a seasoning or mini-spatula that I "lost" so it was a bummer, but not the end of the world. It really get's people that are "maybes" to set a date in my book (which is my requirement for getting a goodie).

I tell them after the door prize drawing, "Don't worry, if you didn't win a prize, just get your show date in my book tonight and you'll still go home with something." They like that.

When it's time to sit down individually with each person to place their order I show them five or six cards that I have with a picture of a product and a date that I want to fill. If the person sits down and wants to book a party right away I don't show them the cards, but if it's somebody on the fence or someone not really interested in booking, I show them the cards and tell them that I'm looking to fill this particular date and I am offering a free gift as an incentive to book a show. The dates that are coming up soon have a more expensive gift. As the dates go farther out on my calendar I use less expensive items. I've had HUGE success with this. Oh, and I don't give them the gift right there, I order for them the night of their show.

I do a deal or no deal and it has worked at fairs for me. I made little envelopes and put them on sticks and place them in the tool turnabout with some products. I got two catalogs shows from that fair

Attachments

• deal or no deal labels.doc
    356 KB · Views: 484
TPCHEFREBECCA, I am sorry but I don't completely understand your idea!?! Do you have them set up and then if they book they get to take an envelope on a stick?? When do they get them?? Sorry maybe I should have read this at 6:25pm then I would understand it better right now I am still waking up. Can you please explain your idea I have some Stop & Shop's and Bazaars coming up and I am hoping to get some bookings.

1. How do I use the "Baskets to Get Bookings" program?

To use the "Baskets to Get Bookings" program, simply fill a basket or container with your favorite Pampered Chef products and take it to events or parties. Encourage guests to book their own parties by offering incentives or hosting discounts.

2. What types of products should I include in my booking basket?

It is best to include a variety of products in your booking basket, such as best-selling items, seasonal products, and new releases. This will give guests a chance to see and try out a variety of products and may entice them to book a party.

3. Do I have to purchase the products in my booking basket?

No, you can borrow products from your own inventory or ask your Team Leader if they have any products you can borrow for your booking basket. You can also ask guests if they would like to purchase any of the products in the basket for immediate delivery.

4. How do I keep track of bookings made from my booking basket?

You can keep track of bookings made from your booking basket by writing down the names and contact information of guests who book parties. You can also use the "Baskets to Get Bookings" tracking sheet available on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I customize my booking basket for different types of events?

Yes, you can customize your booking basket for different types of events. For example, you can include more grilling products for a summer BBQ event or more baking products for a holiday cookie exchange. This will help make your booking basket more relevant and appealing to guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAmandaWason
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
caremmel
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • MaddyandOwensMom