• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Making Lasagna in a Skillet?

1/2 cup of dried Italian breadcrumbs8 chicken breast halves1 T olive oil1 T butter1 jar of marinara sauce8 slices of mozzarella cheeseParmesan to taste. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Coat chicken with bread crumbs. (I do it in a bag). Saute breasts in olive oil and butter over medium heat until just browned on both sides. Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Top each breast with a piece of mozzarella and sprinkle everything with parm. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.This is a GREAT family meal served with pasta. Or, for a party
pamperedape
Okay, so what all have you made in yours besides the norm? I was wondering if you could do a lasagna in it with the uncooked noodles. If so I was thinking of taking the spin of, "You cook the beef in this skillet, give it a quick wipe with a paper towel, then build AND BAKE your lasagna in it! Only ONE pot to wash instead of a pasta pot, a skillet, and a crusty lasagna pan to soak for three days!!"

I think in the new 29 Minutes or Less Cookbook there is a recipe for Skillet Lasagna.....

I use my family skillet just about every night for dinner. I don't know what I CAN'T use it for - lol! It's my go-to pan for everything. I sell them a lot b/c I say just that. :)

Just remember a crusty lasagna pan doesnt have to soak for 3 days if you use the rectangular baking stone....but great idea! Anything to sell cookware! I can't wait to get my cookbook!

Pineapple upsde down cake works great in the skillet!

I do a one-pan lasagna dish - lemme see if I can find it and attach it here...

Attachments

• Messy Lasagna - not a PC recipe.doc
    20 KB · Views: 289
Does any one have the Chicken Parmesan recipe for the skillet? I can't find it!

dannyzmom said:
I do a one-pan lasagna dish - lemme see if I can find it and attach it here...
Carolyn~

That looks great! Have you ever had it?

Also, what is Mafalda pasta?

I found this on here and posted to another thread too.

Attachments

• Skillet Sticky Buns.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Family Skillet Recipes.doc
    60 KB · Views: 454
Christ Follower said:
Does any one have the Chicken Parmesan recipe for the skillet? I can't find it!
Here is what I had saved...

Our executive director talked about making Chicken Parmesan in the Family Skillet. I tried it and it was incredible!

Not really a recipe, but here goes:
Chicken Parmesan
1/2 cup of dried Italian breadcrumbs
8 chicken breast halves
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 jar of marinara sauce
8 slices of mozzarella cheese
Parmesan to taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Coat chicken with bread crumbs. (I do it in a bag). Saute breasts in olive oil and butter over medium heat until just browned on both sides. Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Top each breast with a piece of mozzarella and sprinkle everything with parm. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

This is a GREAT family meal served with pasta. Or, for a party, you could cut the chicken up into small pieces and serve it on toasted Italian bread. (Great way to use the stones for a demo...) For my family of four, we ate it with pasta the first night and as sandwiches the second. Delicious!

30 minute Chicken Parmesan

Pound chicken with meat tenderizer to thin cutlets, then saute with basil canola oil about 5 minutes on each side. Top with tomato sauce or ready made pasta sauce, and top with thick sliced mozzarella or grated. Add some fresh cut parsley with scissors and Italian PC seasonings, and place in oven for about 10 minutes, and WOWSERS, a whole meal. In the meantime boil water with linguine and add rest of pasta sauce. You can also make the Italian Monkey Bread in the small skillet or buy premade garlic bread, and you did a whole dinner for your guests. Viva Itailiano!

Thank You! I'm going to try it! One of my September hosts wants to have it at her show. Don't know how the servings will work out though.

Here is a different recipe. It's NOT from PC, but it uses BOTH cookware and stoneware!! It always goes over VERY well!

Campbell Soup Chicken Enchilada

Cook : 25 minutes

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, chopped to = 1/2 cup
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken or turkey
1 can green chilies, chopped ( 4 ounces)
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (4 ounces)

Mix soup and sour cream.

In saucepan over medium heat, add butter.
Now add onion and chili powder and cook till tender.
Add the chicken, chilies and 2 tablespoons soup mixture.

Spread 1/2 cup soup mixture in a 2 qt shallow baking dish.

Along one side of each tortilla, spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
Roll up each tortilla around filling and place seam side down in baking dish.

Spread remaining soup mixture over each enchiladas.
Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture. Bake 350 F for 25 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 4.

BTW, when I make this, I put it into my Rectangular Baker!

KellyTheChef said:

Our executive director talked about making Chicken Parmesan in the Family Skillet. I tried it and it was incredible!

Chicken Parmesan
8 chicken breast halves
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 jar of marinara sauce
Parmesan to taste.

Coat chicken with bread crumbs. (I do it in a bag). Saute breasts in olive oil and butter over medium heat until just browned on both sides. Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Top each breast with a piece of mozzarella and sprinkle everything with parm. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

This is a GREAT family meal served with pasta. Or, for a party, you could cut the chicken up into small pieces and serve it on toasted Italian bread. (Great way to use the stones for a demo...) For my family of four, we ate it with pasta the first night and as sandwiches the second. Delicious!

30 minute Chicken Parmesan

Pound chicken with meat tenderizer to thin cutlets, then saute with basil canola oil about 5 minutes on each side. Top with tomato sauce or ready made pasta sauce, and top with thick sliced mozzarella or grated. Add some fresh cut parsley with scissors and Italian PC seasonings, and place in oven for about 10 minutes, and WOWSERS, a whole meal. In the meantime boil water with linguine and add rest of pasta sauce. You can also make the Italian Monkey Bread in the small skillet or buy premade garlic bread, and you did a whole dinner for your guests. Viva Itailiano!
On the 30 minute one, do you still bread it or no?

Christ Follower said:
On the 30 minute one, do you still bread it or no?

I have never actually made those...I would think that you could bread it, or leave them plain if you wanted to. But, reading that second recipe, I don't think they breaded those.

Whatever you and your family (or host) would like better!!:D

KellyTheChef said:
Here is a different recipe. It's NOT from PC, but it uses BOTH cookware and stoneware!! It always goes over VERY well!

1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon chili powder

Mix soup and sour cream.

Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture. Bake 350 F for 25 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 4.

Another thing...you can cook up chicken breast and cut it up, use a deli chicken and tear it up (or our 30 minute chicken...) or even CANNED chicken. They all taste great!! (Canned chicken would be my LAST choice...but some folks really like to know they have that as an option!)

KellyTheChef said:

1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon chili powder

Mix soup and sour cream.

So funny Kelly! We JUST finished eating these for supper!:p I grilled chicken breast in my grill pan, and then added the butter & onion to the grill pan - got the "fond" off the bottom of the pan that way for some extra flavor!

This is a family favorite.

ChefBeckyD said:
So funny Kelly! We JUST finished eating these for supper!:p I grilled chicken breast in my grill pan, and then added the butter & onion to the grill pan - got the "fond" off the bottom of the pan that way for some extra flavor!

This is a family favorite.

I haven't made them in a long time....this reminded me of just how good they are!

I will have to make them soon!

I just made the noodle skillet for dinner. Yum! I forgot the bell pepper, but remembered the green onion this time. And I added water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and grilled pineapple. YUMMY YUMMY!

KellyTheChef said:
Carolyn~

That looks great! Have you ever had it?

Also, what is Mafalda pasta?

I make it often for my family. It's one of the few dishes I make that DH will actually eat - LOL
Mafalda pasta is like long (length of spaghetti_ skinny lasagna noodles - they're about 3/4" wide and the same length as spaghetti.

Becky, I'm surprised you used cream of anything soup for a recipe. Did you?

KellyTheChef said:

Chicken Parmesan
8 chicken breast halves
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 jar of marinara sauce
Parmesan to taste.

I bet this is going to be even better in the SS family skillet because you'll get a nicer brown on the chicken breasts!!

JAE said:
Becky, I'm surprised you used cream of anything soup for a recipe. Did you?

For this recipe - I do! BUT I use Health Valley Cream of Chicken Soup!:D It's an organic brand that has no MSG, is low sodium.....and it actually tastes good enough to eat straight from the can!

Related to Have You Tried Making Lasagna in a Skillet?

What is the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program?

The "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program is a special promotion from Pampered Chef that encourages families to come together and cook meals using our high-quality skillets. It includes a variety of recipes and tips for making delicious meals that everyone will love.

How can I participate in the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program?

Participating in the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program is easy! Simply purchase one of our family skillets and use it to cook meals with your loved ones. You can also share your experiences and recipes on social media using the hashtag #LetsSellFamilySkillets.

What are the benefits of using family skillets?

There are many benefits to using family skillets, including creating memories with your loved ones, saving time and money by cooking at home, and using high-quality and durable cookware that will last for years to come. Plus, you'll have access to delicious and easy recipes that the whole family will enjoy!

Are there any special offers or discounts for the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program?

Yes, there are often special offers and discounts available for the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program. Be sure to check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on current promotions.

Can I use any skillet for the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program?

We recommend using one of our family skillets for the best experience with the "Let's Sell Family Skillets" program. Our skillets are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for the whole family, and they come with a lifetime guarantee for added peace of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies