• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Experienced White Spots on Plates After Dishwashing?

I use mine all the time and they go in the dishwasher. So, I don't think it has anything to do with the water hardness.
dollfangs
Silver Member
I just had a past host give me her set of plates because they are developing white spots on the plastic in the dishwasher. Anyone else have this happen?

I use mine daily and they go in the dishwasher for over a year now they are still great the kids love them!

I don't use mine every day but we do use them often and ALWAYS wash in the dishwasher. Never a problem.

I'm new here, haven't even got to introduce myself but I one of my plates has ugly white spots all over it and they will not come off, no matter what I do...

We use are plates every day and they go into the dishwasher every day. We have not had any problems. Is the water hard in the area in which she lives?

Lisa

no she lives in the same area as me

It could be happening if she is using them in the microwave. I have an old set of plastic plates that I use in the micro, and over time they have developed white spots. HTH

The plates have a one year guarantee. Does she have the receipt? If so, and it is under one year, call HO.

pcleah said:
It could be happening if she is using them in the microwave. I have an old set of plastic plates that I use in the micro, and over time they have developed white spots. HTH
The party plates are not "microwave safe" according to use & care. That could be the problem if she uses them in the micro. In my opinion that is the one negative about them and the reason I don't use them as much as I thought I would.

definately send them back for replacement if they are still under guarantee.

I never put mine in the microwave and they get spots on them too. It got a lot better when I switched from powdered soap to liquid. If it is a tough spot I leave a baking soda paste on for 30 mins then scrub with a scrubby sponge. Hope this helps!!

I think it might have something to do with the water or the type of soap you use. That's just a guess, but I just moved, and mine never got spots in my old dishwasher but they do here. I'm really not sure why...

Related to Have You Experienced White Spots on Plates After Dishwashing?

1. What causes white spots on plates after dishwashing?

White spots on plates after dishwashing are typically caused by hard water minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, that are left behind during the drying process. These minerals can build up on the surface of the plates and create the appearance of white spots.

2. How can I prevent white spots on my plates?

To prevent white spots on plates after dishwashing, it is important to use a rinse aid in your dishwasher. This will help to reduce the amount of hard water minerals that are left behind on your dishes. You can also try using a water softener or a water filter to remove these minerals from your water supply.

3. Can I remove white spots from my plates?

Yes, you can remove white spots from your plates by using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Simply soak your plates in this solution for a few minutes, then scrub gently with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse with water and dry thoroughly.

4. Are white spots harmful?

No, white spots on plates after dishwashing are not harmful. They are simply a cosmetic issue caused by hard water minerals. However, if left untreated, these minerals can build up and cause damage to your dishwasher and other kitchen appliances over time.

5. Can I use any type of detergent to prevent white spots?

It is best to use a dishwasher detergent that is specifically formulated for hard water. These detergents contain ingredients that can help to prevent the build-up of hard water minerals and reduce the appearance of white spots on your plates. It is also important to regularly clean and maintain your dishwasher to ensure it is functioning properly and effectively removing these minerals from your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • krahema